Inquiry about the inclusion of brochure in the validation of the LCRB

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inquiry about the inclusion of brochure in the validation of the LCRB

Post by icy on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Good day!

It's my first time to join this group. Our current situation triggered me to ask questions for clarification and verification of the ideas we have in mind.

I would like to ask if brochures of equipment are automatically included in the legal documents of bidders once attached in the technical envelope during the bidding. Do brochures considered as legal basis in the validation of the LCRB during the post qualification process?

I'm honestly confused if it is considered a legal document even if it's inclusion in the envelope was not put in the supplemental bid.

Hoping for an immediate response.

Thank you and God bless everyone!

icy

Female Number of posts : 5
Company/Agency : SUC
Occupation/Designation : BAC Sec
Registration date : 2015-10-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Inquiry about the inclusion of brochure in the validation of the LCRB

Post by bujoy2015 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:02 pm

May the following insights guide you:

1. If brochures of equipment are automatically included in the legal documents of bidders once attached in the technical envelope during the bidding.

a. Sec. 23.1 (Elig. Reqt's. for Procurement of Goods) of RA 9184 states that Legal Documents shall comprise only the following:
   i) Registration certificate from SEC, Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) for sole proprietorship, or CDA for cooperatives, or any proof of such registration as stated in the Bidding Documents; and
  ii) Mayor’s permit issued by the city or municipality where the principal place of business of the prospective bidder is located;

b. You can include and require the brochure of an equipment in the Technical Documents particularly in the Technical Specifications (to state that original copy of brochure is required). Remember that Eligibility & Technical Requirements shall comprise the Technical Documents.

2. Do brochures considered as legal basis in the validation of the LCRB during the post qualification process?

Doing the above, requiring a brochure shall be one of your basis in verifying and validating the technical documents of the LCRB during the post-qualification.

3. If it is considered a legal document even if it's inclusion in the envelope was not put in the supplemental bid?
If its not included in your Technical Specifications, then you have to modify your requirements thru a Bid Bulletin.

Hope this enlightens you..  Very Happy

bujoy2015

Female Number of posts : 14
Company/Agency : ONP
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2015-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icy on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:25 pm

Thank you for responding! However I would like to ask another question with regards to the questions I asked earlier.

With the statements that you have provided, does it mean that if a supplier attached brochures of their offer in the bid envelope, it has no bearing in the verification and validation of the Lowest Calculated and Responsive Bid? Especially that attaching a brochure was not put in a bid bulletin? Can we not consider the brochures of the equipment as a basis if the suppliers met the specifications of the end users?

Hoping for your response.

Thank you!

icy

Female Number of posts : 5
Company/Agency : SUC
Occupation/Designation : BAC Sec
Registration date : 2015-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down