Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

Overtime Services

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Overtime Services

Post by aoc on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:28 am

Hello,

Good day to all..
Question about overtime services. Our OT is chargeable against our Trust Fund but COA required for a pre-audit. is it subject for COA pre-audit?

Thanks you
aoc

Male Number of posts : 3
Company/Agency : National Government
Occupation/Designation : clerk
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Overtime Services

Post by Mikel on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:40 am

i think only trust funds of local governments, held in trust for NGAs and GOCCs, are subject to pre-audit (see 4.9.1 of COA Circular No. 2009-002).

Mikel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 72
Company/Agency : Gobyerno ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Empleyado
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by aoc on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:13 pm

Thanks mike, follow up question, what about regular payroll is it subject to pre-audit.
aoc

Male Number of posts : 3
Company/Agency : National Government
Occupation/Designation : clerk
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikel on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:27 pm

hindi rin po.

Mikel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 72
Company/Agency : Gobyerno ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Empleyado
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Overtime services

Post by fe a. araya on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi! this will be the first time am joining you guys in this forum. Although this is not related to the query, my question is about the payment of overtime services in lieu of honorarium for member/s of BAC secretariat whose positions are in the Procurement Unit of the agency under NBC No. 2004-5A dated October 2005 (as amended). Does this means that we are allowed to pay monetary remuneration for overtime services despite the CSC-DBM jOINT cIRCULAR nO. 2 DATED oCT. 4, 2004 RE: Non-monetary REmuneration for O.T. services rendered, instead compensatory ovetime credit/time off is authorized.

Last edited by fe a. araya on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i inadvetently mention Mike as the one who made the query)
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:59 pm

aoc wrote:Thanks mike, follow up question, what about regular payroll is it subject to pre-audit.

There is an exception:

COA Circular 2009-002 (May 18 2009)
x x x
Section 4.2 Payment o Salaries and terminal leave benefits

4.2.1 Pre-audit of payments of salaries shall apply only to the first payment after appointment by transfer or reinstatement, and to the last payment prior to transfer.
x x x

All payments of terminal leave benefits shall be subject to pre-audit (Sec.4.2.2). Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:28 am

aoc wrote:Hello,

Good day to all..
Question about overtime services. Our OT is chargeable against our Trust Fund but COA required for a pre-audit. is it subject for COA pre-audit?

Thanks you

For us GOCCs, all are subject to pre-audit, it would be lesser headache for the external auditor(COA), In as much government agency is required to have Internal audit services. I forgot the guidelines, later for update.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:12 pm

fe a. araya wrote:Hi! this will be the first time am joining you guys in this forum. Although this is not related to the query, my question is about the payment of overtime services in lieu of honorarium for member/s of BAC secretariat whose positions are in the Procurement Unit of the agency under NBC No. 2004-5A dated October 2005 (as amended). Does this means that we are allowed to pay monetary remuneration for overtime services despite the CSC-DBM jOINT cIRCULAR nO. 2 DATED oCT. 4, 2004 RE: Non-monetary REmuneration for O.T. services rendered, instead compensatory ovetime credit/time off is authorized.

yes we are allowed to a monetary renumeration for overtime pay, there is a new DBM circular for the granting of ovetime pay for BAC and its secretariat, i just do not remember the number, i guess it was issued last year.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Overtime pay for BAC Secretariat

Post by fe a. araya on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:17 am

Thanks for that info. I think you are referring to NBC No. 2007-3 dated November, 2007 (or is there a latest circular about this last year?) You see, one member of the BAC Secretariat is the OIC, Procurement Section in our office and of course she is not entitled to the honorarium but with this circular she can be paid the overtime pay. I was just hesitant then to apply the provision above because of the Joint CSC-DBM issuance on compensatory day/time off in lieu of monetary remuneration for overtime services. thanks again.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:10 pm

fe a. araya wrote:Thanks for that info. I think you are referring to NBC No. 2007-3 dated November, 2007 (or is there a latest circular about this last year?) You see, one member of the BAC Secretariat is the OIC, Procurement Section in our office and of course she is not entitled to the honorarium but with this circular she can be paid the overtime pay. I was just hesitant then to apply the provision above because of the Joint CSC-DBM issuance on compensatory day/time off in lieu of monetary remuneration for overtime services. thanks again.

I think you are still referring to the 'old' budget circular 2004-5 as amended by 2004-5a. Here is a link to a short but clear-cut discussion of the matter. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:44 am

fe a. araya wrote:xxxx I was just hesitant then to apply the provision above because of the Joint CSC-DBM issuance on compensatory day/time off in lieu of monetary remuneration for overtime services. thanks again.
In my opinion, no problem in giving the overtime service payment, anyway this will be funded from the proceeds of sale of the Bid documents, forfeitures of bid securities etc. bounce

Last edited by sunriser431 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:55 am

fe a. araya wrote:Thanks for that info. I think you are referring to NBC No. 2007-3 dated November, 2007 (or is there a latest circular about this last year?) You see, one member of the BAC Secretariat is the OIC, Procurement Section in our office and of course she is not entitled to the honorarium but with this circular she can be paid the overtime pay. I was just hesitant then to apply the provision above because of the Joint CSC-DBM issuance on compensatory day/time off in lieu of monetary remuneration for overtime services. thanks again.

In claiming however for an overtime, you need to write for a request for overtime to your HOPE, indicating thereat a scope of work on what are you going to do, a work that you cannot do on a regular office hours, that is why you need for an overtime. this will justify for your overtime pay (the scope of work need to be approved by your HOPE).
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:06 pm

Yup, we will do that for BAC activities based on BC No. 10, s. 1996. Thank you again. More Power to us BAC Secretriats!
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:11 pm

fe a. araya wrote:Yup, we will do that for BAC activities based on BC No. 10, s. 1996. Thank you again. More Power to us BAC Secretriats!

Yeah, i must agree. Parang forum nga ito ng mga BAC Secretaries. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top