POSTING of an ITB

View previous topic View next topic Go down

POSTING of an ITB

Post by jcolas on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:34 am

What happens if there was a successful posting in the newspaper but the same was not posted at PHILGEPS on time?
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: POSTING of an ITB

Post by jcolas on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:59 am

Sirs:
May I explain further my querry on the posting of the ITB. We have a project(infra) which has to be posted at a newspaper of general circulation aside from the agency web, PHILGEPS and at three conspicous places. We were able to contact PHILSTAR and they will post it today, I tried posting it at PHILGEPS yesterday until last night but PHILGEPS WAS CLOSED, Of course I have to post it today at PHILGEPS. In effect, our ITB will be posted at PHILSTAR today and at PHILGEPS tomorrow. My querries are:
1. Can the discrepancy be cured by Bid Bullettin?
2 In as much as the date of the posting has something to do with the availability of Bid Docs, the schedule of the Pre-Bidding Conference and the submission of bids, which of the two postings shall prevail if the discrepancy can not be cured by a Bid Bullettin? Please RDV and the guys out there, give me your ideas. I need it.Thank you!
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:11 am

jcolas wrote:What happens if there was a successful posting in the newspaper but the same was not posted at PHILGEPS on time?
excerpt from Section 21.2. Advertising and Posting of the Invitation to Bid/Request for Expression of Interest which is self explanatory
21.2.1 xxxx
21.2.2.Advertisement of the Invitation to Bid/Request for Expression of Interest in a newspaper of general nationwide circulation provided in Section 21.2.1(a) shall not be required for contracts to be bid with an approved budget of Two Million Pesos(P2,000,000.00) and below for the procurement of goods, Five Million Pesos (P5,000,000.00) and below for the procurement of infrastructure projects, and One Million Pesos (P1,000,000.00) and below or those whose duration is
four (4) months or less for the procurement of consulting services.
Consider also Section 41. Reservation Clause
The Head of the Procuring Entity reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract in the following situations:
a) xxxx
b) If the BAC is found to have failed in following the prescribed bidding procedures
c) xxxx
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:55 pm

Actually, I also experienced the same situation wherein my posting in the PhilGEPS was not on the same date as that of other venue. But I don't think this well pose a problem if it would be a matter of one day only for as long as we were able to post during the period required for posting and there would be no major effect on the other schedule, in that case we can always post a supplemental bulleting. I also experienced that with PhilGEPS na minsan talaga I can't get through lalo na ang server namin sa office na close at 5:00 PM. Kaya, what I did was to have my own internet connection in my office (charge to my honorarium!)

I agree with sunriser431 that it is really mandatory for us to post in the PhilGEPS so what I do while PhilGEPS is "around" I really close the door of my office and do the posting (without disturbance) lalo na if there are a number of different projects to be bid. Alam mo naman ang PhilGEPS biglang nawawala or pa log in ka uli. (but I have my own strategy kaya di nya ako mabitawan.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:19 pm

jcolas wrote:What happens if there was a successful posting in the newspaper but the same was not posted at PHILGEPS on time?

i think the question is what happens if we were not able to post such activity in the PhilGEPS when the same was posted in the newspaper. while it is true that we are mandated to post our procurement activies in the PhilGEPS, but what happens if we failed to do so? as far as the law is concerned, it is silent about non posting in the GEPS, I believe one reason why we need to post our procurement activities in the GEPS is a form of monitoring to see how we comply with RA9184. i think one good thing to do whenever we failed to post our activity in the GEPS is to issue a certification on the non posting, stating thereat the reason ofcourse (it may be due to GEPS website is down on that certain date just like what jcolas said).
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:31 pm

excerpt from Frequently ask Questions from PHILGEPS website
1. xxxx
2. xxxx
15.What will happen if an agency fails to post its procurement notice in the PhilGEPS?
Failure of an agency to post its bid notices in the PhilGEPS opens the bidding process to question because of failure to comply with the procurement law.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:24 pm

sunriser431 wrote:
1. xxxx
2. xxxx
15.What will happen if an agency fails to post its procurement notice in the PhilGEPS?
Failure of an agency to post its bid notices in the PhilGEPS opens the bidding process to question because of failure to comply with the procurement law.

precisely true, open ang transaction and there will be doubts, may pagdududa. siguro ang gagawin ng GEPS o ang GPPB is to notify us or this will be enough grounds to charge anyone for non-compliance of the law, may evidence na sila.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:09 pm

I agree. The BAC particularly the BAC Secretariat will be open to questions and doubts of the prospective bidders themselves who are always updated when it comes to PhilGEPS publications. The COA will likewise question as they are conducting post-audit of financial transactions of the agency. I don't think there is an excuse for non-compliance of this law on publication.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:45 pm

I was able to post my ITB at PHILGEPS today. It will become active at the strike of 12:01, October 6, 2009 while my posting at Philippine Star has been posted on October 5, 2009. What I intend to do is to come up with a Bid Bulletin informing all prospective bidders that my posting to Philippine Star will prevail when their is a conflict that will arise regarding time lines. Please react friends.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:52 pm

amang1965 wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:
1. xxxx
2. xxxx
precisely true, open ang transaction and there will be doubts, may pagdududa. siguro ang gagawin ng GEPS o ang GPPB is to notify us or this will be enough grounds to charge anyone for non-compliance of the law, may evidence na sila.
Kaya ingat lang po tayo, who wants to be member of the club 6115. affraid
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:06 am

Rightly said Sir. The stigma that will be attached to your name can never be erased even by time and it will be inherited by your heirs. Nakakatakot at nakakahiya ano? Let this be a warning to all procurement practitioners. Sabi nga nila, "Forewarned is forarmed" and, "An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure."
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:53 pm

FEARLESS FORECAST:

More than 50% of procuring Entities are violating at least 50% of the IRR-RA9184 but no one is still in prison.

Even the supposed to be first 'celebrated' offense on procurement (former Mayor Joey Marquez on 'broomstick scandal') was recently acquitted by the Supreme Court.

So where are we? Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:39 am

Even before the birth of RA 9184, we have not seen any member of the "elite" or the so-called "untouchables" being brought to the bar of justice; but this should not be a reason for us to let our guards down. we should not also feel that we are that "knight in shining armour" galloping to rescue the country from the claws of graft and corruption because in the end we will feel frustrated; neither should we believe that RA 9184 is the cure of all the mal practices that we see happening in our country. It is enough that in our small world, we believe that we are doing our best to come up with a procurement that is fair to one and all.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:15 am

jcolas wrote:Even before the birth of RA 9184, we have not seen any member of the "elite" or the so-called "untouchables" being brought to the bar of justice; but this should not be a reason for us to let our guards down. we should not also feel that we are that "knight in shining armour" galloping to rescue the country from the claws of graft and corruption because in the end we will feel frustrated; neither should we believe that RA 9184 is the cure of all the mal practices that we see happening in our country. It is enough that in our small world, we believe that we are doing our best to come up with a procurement that is fair to one and all.

Make no mistake. I am an advocate of change as anyone here is; and I believe every little things contribute to bigger things. What I stated is a simple reality check.

So where are we? Still doing our jobs... Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top