Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Yesterday at 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

Why Not Organize An Association of BAC Members and Secretaries?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why Not Organize An Association of BAC Members and Secretaries?

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:05 pm

Let's face it. We are growing by the numbers in this forum. The number of viewings (of non-participating members) are even substantial enough. Considering that we invoke the privilege of "public sector unionism", does anyone care organizing a nationwide association of BAC members and Secretaries? Very Happy

This will hope to formalize the common plea of the BAC themselves and this will form part of the "professionalization". I saw that although most attending members on the consultation of RA.9184 are affiliated to the BAC, it would be prudent organize a "force to reckoned with" in improving the Procurement Law.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Not Organize An Association of BAC Members and Secretaries?

Post by amang'65 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:48 pm

engrjhez wrote:
Let's face it. We are growing by the numbers in this forum. The number of viewings (of non-participating members) are even substantial enough. Considering that we invoke the privilege of "public sector unionism", does anyone care organizing a nationwide association of BAC members and Secretaries? Very Happy

This will hope to formalize the common plea of the BAC themselves and this will form part of the "professionalization". I saw that although most attending members on the consultation of RA.9184 are affiliated to the BAC, it would be prudent organize a "force to reckoned with" in improving the Procurement Law.

ang problema lang engrjez, by designation ang mga BAC and secretariat, paano na kung napalitan na tayong mga BAC o secretariat, unless kung ang membership ay current BACs/secretariats and previous BACs/secretariats. kaya importante by-laws in case gusto nating bumuo ng association of BAC/secretariat.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:03 pm

amang1965 wrote:
ang problema lang engrjez, by designation ang mga BAC and secretariat, paano na kung napalitan na tayong mga BAC o secretariat, unless kung ang membership ay current BACs/secretariats and previous BACs/secretariats. kaya importante by-laws in case gusto nating bumuo ng association of BAC/secretariat.

Sabagay, you got your point.Ang BAC ay 1-year renewable. Ang BAC Secretariat, kahit walang expiration, dine-designate lang rin. Saka sa dami ng ginagawa, baka di na rin mabigyan ng atensyon at oras ang org. I was thinking kasi na kung merong union ang BAC/Sec, mas pakikinggan ng GPPB. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:22 pm

engrjhez wrote:
amang1965 wrote:

Sabagay, you got your point.Ang BAC ay 1-year renewable. Ang BAC Secretariat, kahit walang expiration, dine-designate lang rin. Saka sa dami ng ginagawa, baka di na rin mabigyan ng atensyon at oras ang org. I was thinking kasi na kung merong union ang BAC/Sec, mas pakikinggan ng GPPB. Very Happy

ANG PWEDE PA SIGURO BUMUO TAYO NG ORGANIZATION, PARA PWEDE TAYO MAKI BID SA CONSULTANCY, what do you think engr.?
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:04 pm

amang1965 wrote:
ANG PWEDE PA SIGURO BUMUO TAYO NG ORGANIZATION, PARA PWEDE TAYO MAKI BID SA CONSULTANCY, what do you think engr.?

Why not?

Matapos ang lahat, tayo naman makikigulo sa bidding... bwahahaha! (sali na rin tayo as goods at infra!)

Ang mga BAC Secretaries, nanggugulo na!!!! Help! lol!

But seriously, I think this proposal is possible without any conflict of interest. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Sirs;
I beg to disagree with both proposals whether made in jest or not. For the proposed consultancy, I do not know why it was even proposed by the gentleman from Baguio when we are employees of the government. Maybe what he should do is to get out first from the service and then he can form his consultancy and I will be his first client. I will ask my relatives from the Cordillera to patronize his consultancy; but as long as he is connected with the govt., then that is a big no, but i am sure he is just joking! For the proposal to organize ourselves for professionalization purposes, I think the government is on the right track. With seminars and conferences on RA 9184 being conducted left and right, we are slowly being professionalized. To be a force to be reckoned with? For What? Maybe we have to wait for a while. But not for now!
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:19 pm

engrjhez wrote:
amang1965 wrote:
Ang mga BAC Secretaries, nanggugulo na!!!! Help! lol! Very Happy

watch mode lang ako Arrow Hahahaha Rolling Eyes
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:19 am

jcolas wrote:Sirs;I beg to disagree with both proposals whether made in jest or not. For the proposed consultancy, I do not know why it was even proposed by the gentleman from Baguio when we are employees of the government. Maybe what he should do is to get out first from the service and then he can form his consultancy and I will be his first client.  I will ask my relatives from the Cordillera to patronize his consultancy; but as long as he is connected with the govt., then that is a big no, but i am sure he is just joking! For the proposal to organize ourselves for professionalization purposes, I think the government is on the right track. With seminars and conferences on RA 9184 being conducted left and right, we are slowly being professionalized. To be a force to be reckoned with? For What?  Maybe we have to wait for a while. But not for now!

Dont take me wrong fellow forum members, actually there is nothing wrong forming or organizing a consultancy firm kahit na tayo ay nasa government service, take note of that and i am not joking, nor there will be any conflict of interest or any violations as far as CSC and the procurement guidelines is concerned, ang importante kung gusto natin magconsultant or magsideline while in the government service ay documented lahat ito, meaning you have to declare this in your SALN, etc. and the most important thing to do is mag file ka kasi muna kuya ng LEAVE OF ABSENCE mo if you decide to be a consultant or magsideline gaya ng pagtataxi/tricycle driver on a full time basis. meron pa nga dyan, nagpapractice ng pagka abogado while nasa government service. d ba sa mga naka Phd sa DepEd o sa mga state colleges they are allowed to be consultants while in the government service? kasi nga sila ay naka pagapply ng leave of absence. well anyways, i am glad you have relatives here in the cordillera and do not worry jcolas i will not be doing consultancy job while in the government service, wala na nga akong panahon sa mga anak ko dahil sa trabaho ko, magcoconsultant pa ako!! i think one good advise to  my fellow forum members (no harm meant), siguro wag lang tayong tumutok sa procurement guidelines, try also CSC guidelines para naman malaman natin ang mga rights and previlleges natin as a government employee. anyways, mabuhay ang mga consultants!!! ehe, bakit nagin consultants or i should mean - mga Government Workers!!!!!
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:17 pm

The real point here is, even if we want to, and even if the law allow us to, our duties and dedication eats most of the time needed for this "extra-career" move. Kawawa naman family namin. Good for those still single - they are free to engage in this.

Pero tama si 'amang'. Even if the law require us to 'live modest lives', it is not categorical to remain in the government work at all times. At some point myself, I worked as a part-time college instructor of Civil Engineering at a reputable university after office hours (6pm-9pm) and on Saturdays (pero single pa ko noon).

As provided in Section 6 of CSC Memorandum Circular No. 40, s. 1998 (as amended by CSC MC No. 15, s. 1999) the following should be followed:

1. Full-time consultancy job of a government official or employee is not allowable.

2. An employee/officer may become a consultant of another agency, institution, local or foreign, or foreign government under part-time status, provided the following are present:

a. It must not violate the rule against holding multiple positions;

b. He/She must obtain permission or authority from his/her head of agency as the same constitutes a limited private practice of profession;

c. The private practice of profession must not conflict or tend to conflict with his/her official functions and the interest of the Republic of the Philippines; and

d. It must not affect the effective performance of his/her duty.

3. An employee/officer may take a leave of absence, whether with pay or not, to accept a consultancy job, subject to the following rules:

a. Leave of absence must be contingent upon the needs of the service, i.e., it must not adversely affect agency operations, thus, the grant of vacation leave shall be at the discretion of the head of the department/agency;

b. Leave without pay shall not exceed one (1) year;

c. Leave without pay shall not be granted whenever an employee has leave with pay to his credit; and

d. It must not violate the rule against holding multiple positions;

e. He/She must obtain permission or authority from his/her head of agency as the same constitutes a limited private practice of profession.

f. The private practice of profession must not conflict or tend to conflict with his/her official functions and the interest of the Republic of the Philippines.

This was emphasized in CSC Resolution No.021264 issued 27 September 2002.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:15 am

engrjhez wrote:
The real point here is, even if we want to, and even if the law allow us to, our duties and dedication eats most of the time needed for this "extra-career" move. Kawawa naman family namin. Good for those still single - they are free to engage in this.

Pero tama si 'amang'. Even if the law require us to 'live modest lives', it is not categorical to remain in the government work at all times. At some point myself, I worked as a part-time college instructor of Civil Engineering at a reputable university after office hours (6pm-9pm) and on Saturdays (pero single pa ko noon).

As provided in Section 6 of CSC Memorandum Circular No. 40, s. 1998 (as amended by CSC MC No. 15, s. 1999) the following should be followed:

1. Full-time consultancy job of a government official or employee is not allowable.

2. An employee/officer may become a consultant of another agency, institution, local or foreign, or foreign government under part-time status, provided the following are present:

a. It must not violate the rule against holding multiple positions;

b. He/She must obtain permission or authority from his/her head of agency as the same constitutes a limited private practice of profession;

c. The private practice of profession must not conflict or tend to conflict with his/her official functions and the interest of the Republic of the Philippines; and

d. It must not affect the effective performance of his/her duty.

3. An employee/officer may take a leave of absence, whether with pay or not, to accept a consultancy job, subject to the following rules:

a. Leave of absence must be contingent upon the needs of the service, i.e., it must not adversely affect agency operations, thus, the grant of vacation leave shall be at the discretion of the head of the department/agency;

b. Leave without pay shall not exceed one (1) year;

c. Leave without pay shall not be granted whenever an employee has leave with pay to his credit; and

d. It must not violate the rule against holding multiple positions;

e. He/She must obtain permission or authority from his/her head of agency as the same constitutes a limited private practice of profession.

f. The private practice of profession must not conflict or tend to conflict with his/her official functions and the interest of the Republic of the Philippines.

This was emphasized in CSC Resolution No.021264 issued 27 September 2002.

Good job engrjhez, you did your research work, thanks.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:39 am

Consider RA 6713 CODE OF CONDUCT AND ETHICAL STANDARDS FOR PUBLIC OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES
Section 7. Prohibited Acts and Transactions. - In addition to acts and omissions of public officials and employees now prescribed in the Constitution and existing laws, the following shall constitute prohibited acts and transactions of any public official and employee and are hereby declared to be unlawful:

(a) xxxx
(b) Outside employment and other activities related thereto. - Public officials and employees during their incumbency shall not:

(1) Own, control, manage or accept employment as officer, employee, consultant, counsel, broker, agent, trustee or nominee in any private enterprise regulated, supervised or licensed by their office unless expressly allowed by law;

(2) Engage in the private practice of their profession unless authorized by the Constitution or law, provided, that such practice will not conflict or tend to conflict with their official functions; or

(3) xxxx
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:54 am

sunriser431 wrote:Consider RA 6713 CODE OF CONDUCT AND ETHICAL STANDARDS FOR PUBLIC OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES
Section 7. Prohibited Acts and Transactions. - In addition to acts and omissions of public officials and employees now prescribed in the Constitution and existing laws, the following shall constitute prohibited acts and transactions of any public official and employee and are hereby declared to be unlawful:

(a) xxxx
(b) Outside employment and other activities related thereto. - Public officials and employees during their incumbency shall not:

(1) Own, control, manage or accept employment as officer, employee, consultant, counsel, broker, agent, trustee or nominee in any private enterprise regulated, supervised or licensed by their office unless expressly allowed by law;

(2) Engage in the private practice of their profession unless authorized by the Constitution or law, provided, that such practice will not conflict or tend to conflict with their official functions; or

(3) xxxx

Likewise sunriser431 you did your research work, thanks too. but take note, these rules does not strictly prohibit a government from from doing such, that is why on every statement they place "provided that, unless otherwise, unless, only if, etc" there should always be a good justification on every thing you do particularly when there are debatable issues. kaya sa interpretation ng bawat rules, regulations you need to consider every angle.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

why not organize an association of BAC members and BAC Secretariats?

Post by fe a. araya on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:11 am

Bakit ba napunta tayo sa consultancy? hehehe Nalula ako. Although I find the replies and discussions very informative. What we were proposing is perhaps an association for us. I think there's no law prohibiting us to do so. But maybe when we reach that time that we will be out of the government service (whether we like it or not) perhaps we can organize ouselves into a consultancy group. Gets nyo?
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:49 am

fe a. araya wrote:Bakit ba napunta tayo sa consultancy? hehehe Nalula ako. Although I find the replies and discussions very informative. What we were proposing is perhaps an association for us. I think there's no law prohibiting us to do so. But maybe when we reach that time that we will be out of the government service (whether we like it or not) perhaps we can organize ouselves into a consultancy group. Gets nyo?

Twisted Evil Bwahahahaha!!! kaya nga masaya dito kasi we dont just talk about procurement, we also talk of "Possibilities" whether within the governement service or out of the government service.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:00 pm

amang1965 wrote:
fe a. araya wrote:Bakit ba napunta tayo sa consultancy? hehehe Nalula ako. Although I find the replies and discussions very informative. What we were proposing is perhaps an association for us. I think there's no law prohibiting us to do so. But maybe when we reach that time that we will be out of the government service (whether we like it or not) perhaps we can organize ouselves into a consultancy group. Gets nyo?

Twisted Evil Bwahahahaha!!! kaya nga masaya dito kasi we dont just talk about procurement, we also talk of "Possibilities" whether within the governement service or out of the government service.
Thats Entrepreneurship lol!
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:16 pm

Nyah! Kelan pa po yun? I'm just halfway that age pa.

lol!
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:13 am

engrjhez wrote:
lol!
who knows by that time, the possibility of consolidating all the PBDs for Goods, infrastructure and consulting services will be rolled into one bounce lol!
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:52 am

sunriser431 wrote:
engrjhez wrote:
lol!
who knows by that time, the possibility of consolidating all the PBDs for Goods, infrastructure and consulting services will be rolled into one bounce lol!

For the information of everyone, the pilot batch composed of eighteen (18) procurement practitioners from different NGAs and GOCCs (here again, engrjhez, without any representative from the LGUs, although a member of the League of Cities was invited to join but did not) who took the Professionalization of Procurement Practitioners Functions project of the GPPB and the World Bank at the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) for 78 c.d. (more or less), have recently formed an association registered with the SEC which we call the "Government Procurement Professionals of the Philippines, Inc. (GOPROC)".

We are already in the process of setting the criteria/qualifications for membership admission in the association. Watch out for it because members of BAC, BAC Secretariat, and TWG will definitely make up the core of its membership.

Any suggestions, particularly on the qualification criteria for membership, are welcome!
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:11 pm

RDV wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:
engrjhez wrote:
lol!

For the information of everyone, the pilot batch composed of eighteen (18) procurement practitioners from different NGAs and GOCCs (here again, engrjhez, without any representative from the LGUs, although a member of the League of Cities was invited to join but did not) who took the Professionalization of Procurement Practitioners Functions project of the GPPB and the World Bank at the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) for 78 c.d. (more or less), have recently formed an association registered with the SEC which we call the "Government Procurement Professionals of the Philippines, Inc. (GOPROC)".

We are already in the process of setting the criteria/qualifications for membership admission in the association. Watch out for it because members of BAC, BAC Secretariat, and TWG will definitely make up the core of its membership.

Any suggestions, particularly on the qualification criteria for membership, are welcome!
Maybe we can adopt the CSC QS format Cool
1.Qualification
@xxxx
2.Education
@xxxx
3.Training
@xxxx
4.Experience
@xxxx
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:06 pm

RDV wrote:

Nice to hear that. I felt sorry in the absence of LGU representative because it is really critical - and a lot of active forum members would definitely agree. This is also what I was talking about in the past discussions. Trainings and professionalization must be given to those who can 'cultivate' the process and not just hear of it. Sayang ang pagkakataon sa mga higit na makikinabang...

I suggest part of the requirements is to:

1. Submit application letter for membership;
  2. Submit a copy of Executive/Office Order of Memoranda of appointment to the BAC, Secretariat or TWG signed by the HOPE;
  3. Submit duly accomplished PDS with endorsement from the Human Resource and Management Office;
  4. Submit a certification of NO PENDING CRIMINAL and/or ADMINISTRATIVE CASE issued by the HOPE;
  5. Be a member in good standing of an Accredited Professional Organization recognized by the Professional Regulations Commission;
  6. (optional) Pass an interview to be conducted by the GPPB (personality check only).

But I believe the fundamental criteria for membership must be satisfied - UNQUESTIONABLE INTEGRITY and PROCUREMENT PROFICIENCY (I must give credit to RDV in emphasizing this criteria on my long-term learning) . One 'harsh' but effective way to do it is to publish the basic profile of applicants in the net (a space in this forum is good enough). No personal info will be published except for the name and age - just the work and educational background. This is to ensure that future members must pass the 'test of fire' to really hear from the general public what they think of the candidate.

A 'poll' may be done (but not necessary to pass the membership).The purpose of which is to rule out the "question of integrity". On the other hand, it is up to the GPPB (maybe in the interview portion) to rule out passing the procurement proficiency test.

Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:42 am

RDV wrote:
x x x

Another suggestion: Why not issue a circular to all Procuring Entities regarding this? I think it is not too difficult to even advertise the same in the GPPB website? This is to ensure that the information reaches out all interested sectors. I am not sure of the reason why the invited representative from LGU did not make it but sana give the slot to others who are available and are willing. If on the other hand, the feedback of interested participants will be numerous enough, then a simple screening will do the trick.

Since the GPPB put up this forum for the interest of procurement development, may I suggest also that they consider inviting forum members here (and post it to the bulletin board). In fact, the replies will be more transparent as to 'available' or 'not available' and to 'willing' and 'not willing'; and that the replies will be as fast as replying an email - or even faster, replying on a chat. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top