Latest topics

Why are there no representatives from gppb joining this forum?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why are there no representatives from gppb joining this forum?

Post by jomadel86 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:47 am

I was wondering how come there are no representatives from GPPB joining this forum in the first place there should be one considering that this is there web-site. I think those who are answering our queries are BAC members or BAC secretariat members only. Of course, you guys may be very knowledgeable of R.A. 9184 and its IRR and other regulations, yet what we need is someone who is in authority. Iba kasi if you quote someone who is in authority.

Maybe the reason is that ayaw sumabit siguro ng mga taga-gppb in case their is an adverse decision by the COA regarding certain queries or actions by the BAC which is based on their opinion. But we need someone who is an authority to answer our questions. I hope the GPPB hear this, although I know walang sasagot sa kanila regarding this matter. bounce bounce bounce bounce
jomadel86

Male Number of posts : 26
Company/Agency : Department of Agriculture Regional Field Unit No. 6
Occupation/Designation : Information Officer
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Why are there no representatives from gppb joining this forum?

Post by amang'65 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 pm

They are part, they are the arbiters, moderators, and of course The Administrator. actually they sometimes participate in the forum kung hindi na makatiis. heh he... pero dont worry jomadel86 an dyan lang sila patawatawa... Razz Laughing
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:01 pm

I agree with jomadel86. Although we have members of the gppb forum who are knowledgeable about the matter, people from the gppb should come out from their comfort zones and give their ideas. As what jomadel86 said, we want people of authority. Gppb people, where are you?
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:39 pm

Agree ako to all of you. GPPB people should join us so we can quote them hehehe. Di ba sila naman ang may authority to say so. At least if there are issues to be settled with the BAC, we can always refer to them thru this forum. Kasi nga tayo lang ang nagkakausap dto. Pwede ba natin iquote ang bawat isa sa atin. Nakakatakot yon.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by dlsn on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:16 pm

We duly note your concerns, and we will encourage the GPPB-TSO staff to participate more in the discussions. However, please be reminded that the Forum Rules and Guidelines state that:

No posting by the Government Procurement Policy Board (GPPB) or its Technical Support Office (GPPB-TSO) may be used as basis for action or inaction on particular issues or concerns. Official response on issues and concerns is provided by the GPPB or the GPPB-TSO, or both, through official channels, not through this Forum.
dlsn

Male Number of posts : 52
Company/Agency : GPPB-TSO
Occupation/Designation : Deputy Executive Director
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:47 pm

In fairness to the GPPB, the forum itself is a learning experience. Maaring lahat nga tayo ay naghahanap ng sagot at gusto nating ipanindigan na "sinabi ni Mr. GPPB..." subalit hindi naman yun ang solusyon. I even do not agree that GPPB-TSO is so careful to be quoted to conflict with COA. It is just not right. They are both independent bodies but they (including us) refer to only one thing regarding procurements - RA.9184.

Having said that, I think it is always best and appropriate to quote the law instead of the person. We all do not have any authority to decide what is correct and what is wrong as no one is above the law. The final decision is only left to the courts. Forum members only share "opinions". The law is still the authority behind the lines - not us as persons.

If we are really seeking a fair, just, and categorical answer, it is all in the book - and it's now in the net too.
geek
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:22 am

When I affirmed the opinion of jomadel86, I was thinking of gppb people joining the forum and sharing their expertise on every issue brought by procurement practitioner to this forum. I believe that with their participation, they will further enrich the discussion. I also believe that a BAC Secretariat worth his salt will never quote a person; he will always quote the law as what we do when we draft or compose a BAC Resolution.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:36 am

jcolas wrote:When I affirmed the opinion of jomadel86, I was thinking of gppb people joining the forum and sharing their expertise on every issue brought by procurement practitioner to this forum. I believe that with their participation, they will further enrich the discussion. I also believe that a BAC Secretariat worth his salt will never quote a person; he will always quote the law as what we do when we draft or compose a BAC Resolution.

I must say, I AGREE.

I remember one time ralvarez (GPPB Executive Secretary) joined one discussion. Some other PMO Vs also were here some time. Funny that in their very seldom appearance, they appear to "ask" questions rather than "share" opinions. Now, RDV (GPPB Composite Team of Trainers) seems too busy after been assigned to Reg.4B. We seldom see his presence here for the past weeks.

So many questions are waiting, and a very few people can answer. We hope the GPPB extend some of their time addressing simple queries and seek improvement in "looping" and "linking" topics. There are some identical queries where a first timer may not be familiar with, which the moderator/administrator may help by providing a "path" to the immediate possible answers. With this, the forum will be more efficient in providing answers rather than simply collecting Q&As .

Just a suggestion. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by jomadel86 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:09 am

Sorry, I did not know that there are moderators from the GPBB joining the forum because all I can recall is that it is only Amang65 and Engrslrez that is answering my query. Of course, there answers to my queries are indeed enlightening and I would like to thank them.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but while it is true that we should quote the law and not the person yet there are some provisions of the law that needs interpretation of experts and unless there is a justiciable question we cannot always resort to courts to interpret such provisions which is of course a tedious process. Suspect Suspect

What I am saying is that in case, we cannot find any satisfactory answers from our fellow BAC members or secretariat members, why cannot they butt in and give their two cents or a million cents worth of opinion. Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
jomadel86

Male Number of posts : 26
Company/Agency : Department of Agriculture Regional Field Unit No. 6
Occupation/Designation : Information Officer
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

why are there no representatives from gppb joing this forum?

Post by fe a. araya on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:22 am

Of course, we are responsible enough (and intelligent, or so I hope?) not to quote indiscriminately. We have rules and law to refer to. In fact, the IRR is our Bible. But perhaps iba na yon meron tau from gppb who can at least guide us (kng medyo nalilihis na tayo ng landas!) More learnings from more people in authority is advantageous to us who are directly involved in the procurement process. Of course, am sure the gppb representative will not just give opinions without basis. They will likewise quote provisions of the law.

Also, our queries/comments and suggestions are immediately addressed to in this forum.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:54 pm

I`m new in the GPPB TSO office. Ill try to answer the queries as much as i can. bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:23 pm

The GPPB have their own official web portal, I believe this forum is open to all, to share their experience in government procurement and likewise provide avenue to meet other procurement practioner, contractors, suppliers, bidders etc, and share their own experience with government agency to whom they do business transactions. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:25 pm

engrjhez wrote:
jcolas wrote:When I affirmed the opinion of jomadel86, I was thinking of gppb people joining the forum and sharing their expertise on every issue brought by procurement practitioner to this forum. I believe that with their participation, they will further enrich the discussion. I also believe that a BAC Secretariat worth his salt will never quote a person; he will always quote the law as what we do when we draft or compose a BAC Resolution.

I must say, I AGREE.

I remember one time ralvarez (GPPB Executive Secretary) joined one discussion. Some other PMO Vs also were here some time. Funny that in their very seldom appearance, they appear to "ask" questions rather than "share" opinions. Now, RDV (GPPB Composite Team of Trainers) seems too busy after been assigned to Reg.4B. We seldom see his presence here for the past weeks.

So many questions are waiting, and a very few people can answer. We hope the GPPB extend some of their time addressing simple queries and seek improvement in "looping" and "linking" topics. There are some identical queries where a first timer may not be familiar with, which the moderator/administrator may help by providing a "path" to the immediate possible answers. With this, the forum will be more efficient in providing answers rather than simply collecting Q&As .

Just a suggestion. Very Happy

It is true, as engrjhez has noted, that my presence in this forum is seldom seen these past weeks. Much as I would like to participate actively as before in the discussions, my new assignment has taken priority consideration over this forum. Not that I love less this forum, but I could see also that there are new active members who could fill in the slack.

On the participation of GPPB-TSO personnel, the fact that they participate less should be taken on the positive note by us, forum members. They still act as our "Big Brother" looking over our shoulders, but, as I see it, the fact that they do not call us in the "confession room" means that we have not made any "big violations" that would demand automatic eviction from the GPPB "house".

As a matter of fact, they want more discussions so they could also feel the pulse of procurement practitioners. The discussions here provide very good feedback mechanism to them regarding the implementation of the procurement law and whether there is a need to amend or update some of the provisions.

RDV
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by mbdr on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:33 pm

Good afternoon RDV, so happy to hear from you again!

Yes, I also agree with other members that the participation of the GPPB-TSO here in the forum is very much important. Iba yung sila ang mag answer sa ating mga queries although I know that there are lot of experts here .

One time, Nag comment ang one of our BAC members namin and even our head in the BAC SEC that sana ang answers galing sa GPPB-TSO kasi mga contributors lang daw ang nag share ngideas. Mas bigat daw ang dating pag ang GPPB-TSO ang mag answer.

I hope Womaixjr, as GPPB-TSO staff, to other staff can make it, please , thanks!

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 84
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Govt. Employee/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:40 pm

mbdr wrote:Good afternoon RDV, so happy to hear from you again!

Yes, I also agree with other members that the participation of the GPPB-TSO here in the forum is very much important. Iba yung sila ang mag answer sa ating mga queries although I know that there are lot of experts here .

One time, Nag comment ang one of our BAC members namin and even our head in the BAC SEC that sana ang answers galing sa GPPB-TSO kasi mga contributors lang daw ang nag share ngideas. Mas bigat daw ang dating pag ang GPPB-TSO ang mag answer.

I hope Womaixjr, as GPPB-TSO staff, to other staff can make it, please , thanks!

I am happy to be able to go online also, mbdr. Very Happy

I also agree that their participation is important. The answers of TSO staff are normally given much weight, but still they are not official answers. But as I see it, they would rather not actively share their ideas in the forum if they are identified as TSO staff, particularly for those issues which are rather controversial.

RDV
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top