Negotiated Procurement

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Negotiated Procurement

Post by gherzy27 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:03 am

Hi All--

I would like to seek your opinion on this.

The BAC declared failure of bidding (twice) after those who initially purchased the bid docs did not attend the bid opening.

During the negotiation, one of the bidder who initially puchased the bid documents submitted its proposal or quotation and was declared by the BAC to be negotiated.

My question is, can the BAC negotiate a bidder who previously did not participate the opening of the bids OR can that bidder be allowed to submit its proposal despite its non participation in the previous bidding?

Thank you

gherzy27

Male Number of posts : 19
Company/Agency : none
Occupation/Designation : none
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Negotiated Procurement

Post by markshinoda on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi All-- I would like to seek your opinion on this. The BAC declared failure of bidding (twice) after those who initially purchased the bid docs did not attend the bid opening. During the negotiation, one of the bidder who initially puchased the bid documents submitted its proposal or quotation and was declared by the BAC to be negotiated. My question is, can the BAC negotiate a bidder who previously did not participate the opening of the bids OR can that bidder be allowed to submit its proposal despite its non participation in the previous bidding? Thank you wrote:

I would like to share the steps in Negotiated Procurement-After 2 failed bidding, maybe this will help:

a) The BAC conducts mandatory review of the reasons behind the second failure of bidding.
b) Upon determination of the reason for the failure, the BAC may revise the terms, conditions, specifications, and/or the ABC for the project.
a) The BAC, through a BAC Resolution, recommends Negotiated Procurement under Sec. 53.1 of the IRR for approval of the HOPE, including any change in the terms/ABC.
c) Upon HOPE approval, the BAC shall send invitation to a "sufficient number" of suppliers "to ensure competition." Should the BAC considers 3 as a sufficient number, then the BAC will send invitation/request for proposal to those suppliers, aside from posting in the PhilGEPS and bulletin boards. The invitation may contain a date for initial negotiations with all those which responded to the invitation.
d) Negotiation is then done with those which responded. Areas for negotiation may still include the specifications, delivery schedule, etc.
e) After everything is clarified during the negotiation stage, the BAC will now finally request submission of final offers from all those suppliers which remained after negotiation.
f) The BAC will open all proposals/offers on the date set for the opening.
g) Then follow the public bidding procedure thereafter.

During the opening of bids, participation of the bidder is not mandatory.
markshinoda
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 84
Company/Agency : DSWD Field Office VII
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer IV/Procurement
Registration date : 2015-04-30

http://www.fo7.dswd.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top