Anomaly in the Procurement Activities

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anomaly in the Procurement Activities

Post by new_heart00 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:14 pm

I have a question. We have participated in the biddings (of large ABCs) for the previous months and we have observed anomalies in their procurement process (which we have not seen when it was just biddings for small contracts). We were the lowest bidder for several biddings but has been post-disqualified for an expired document that is merely a surplasage. When we asked for a reconsideration, they found another reason for us to disqualify. Unfortunately, bidders can only get to do a motion for reconsideration once and that's it.

I personally wanted to file a Protest for the biddings (which we spent sleepless nights to prepare) but was told that it will do no good to file that protest because it could only antagonize the BAC and I must remember that we have been a bidder for this agency for so many years and I have to consider our future as well. I had to concede to what my company has decided on.

I have been encouraged by the good news I hear about our government administration regarding the fight against corruption and I see that there is respect to the law now as opposed to the past administrations. I may have been able to get or win the biddings we have worked hard on, but I am hoping that the corrupt system in this agency will lessen if not be totally eradicated. We are talking millions of pesos from the Filipino taxes that could be saved. At the same time we will also be given an opportunity in the future because we worked hard for it and because of the quality of what we can offer as well.

How do I report the anomaly in their procurement activities? To whom should I address this issue? Please note that I am just a concerned citizen here who wants to serve my country.

Thanks.

new_heart00

Female Number of posts : 4
Company/Agency : Vortex Industrial
Occupation/Designation : Admin Manager
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Anomaly in the Procurement Activities

Post by pluma on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:40 pm

Maaari po kaming mag diskwalipika ng bidders kahit sila pa ang lowest bidder (as read) kung di sila papasa sa post qualification, lahat ng dokumentong hinihingi sa post-qualification ay kailangang ma iprovide ma validate ng Technical Working Group. Tandaan po natin na hindi lamang ang halaga ang basehan ng pagkapanalo kundi ang kakumpletuhan ng mga dokumentong hinihingi,maari rin pong humingi ang BAC ng mga karagdagang dokumento na hindi nakalista sa checklist na isusumete sa post qualification, ang layunin po nito ay para ma verify at masiguro ang legality ng mga dokumento at ng bidder.
Ngayon, kung may iregularidad kayong nakita marapat lamang na naitala nyo kung ano-ano ang mga ito at pwede itong masaklaw ng Anti Red Tape Act, maaari rin ninyong ireview ang Bid Documents dahil mayroong mga instruction doon ukol sa pagrereklamo sa BAC o Procuring entity at sa mga maaring kaparusahan.
pluma
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 76
Company/Agency : Local Government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretary
Registration date : 2014-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by markshinoda on Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:19 pm

new_heart00 wrote:I have a question. We have participated in the biddings (of large ABCs) for the previous months and we have observed anomalies in their procurement process (which we have not seen when it was just biddings for small contracts). We were the lowest bidder for several biddings but has been post-disqualified for an expired document that is merely a surplasage. When we asked for a reconsideration, they found another reason for us to disqualify. Unfortunately, bidders can only get to do a motion for reconsideration once and that's it.

I personally wanted to file a Protest for the biddings (which we spent sleepless nights to prepare) but was told that it will do no good to file that protest because it could only antagonize the BAC and I must remember that we have been a bidder for this agency for so many years and I have to consider our future as well. I had to concede to what my company has decided on.

I have been encouraged by the good news I hear about our government administration regarding the fight against corruption and I see that there is respect to the law now as opposed to the past administrations. I may have been able to get or win the biddings we have worked hard on, but I am hoping that the corrupt system in this agency will lessen if not be totally eradicated. We are talking millions of pesos from the Filipino taxes that could be saved. At the same time we will also be given an opportunity in the future because we worked hard for it and because of the quality of what we can offer as well.

How do I report the anomaly in their procurement activities? To whom should I address this issue? Please note that I am just a concerned citizen here who wants to serve my country.

Thanks.

Section 8.6.4. Without prejudice to criminal prosecution under the applicable provisions of the Act and this IRR, R.A. 8792, R.A. 3019, otherwise known as the “Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act,” and other applicable penal laws, public officials and employees who commit any of the following acts shall be deemed to have committed grave misconduct and shall be sanctioned and/or penalized in accordance with the applicable Civil Service rules and regulations. What pluma said was true. We have the right to ask some additional documents to support & check the legality of the LCB. You can read the content of bidding documents since all the information were there like bidder's responsibilities and also there were reservation clause. In the event you found out that may mga gawain ang isang entity na against the law, you can file a complaint.
markshinoda
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 84
Company/Agency : DSWD Field Office VII
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer IV/Procurement
Registration date : 2015-04-30

http://www.fo7.dswd.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content