Latest topics

Refund of payment for the purchase of eligibility documents

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Refund of payment for the purchase of eligibility documents

Post by fe a. araya on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:10 pm

CAn we refund the payment for the purchase of eligibility documents for cancelled bidding?

Sometime in August this year, the BAC published for bidding an infra proj. Prospective bidders who submitted LOI were allowed to purchase the eligibility documents. However, after the eligibility check, the bidding was cancelled due to valid reasons (covered by a resolution) and the eligible bidders were informed officially in writing.

At least two (2) bidders requested for a refund which the BAC replied thru a letter that the payment is non-refundable as specifically stipulated in the Invitation to Qualify and to Bid. However, going ahead, what if the bidder react that since the bidding was not pushed thru or was cancelled, they should be refunded of the amount they paid. Am I correct in my opinion that the condition in the ITB is clear, that it is non-refundable. It does not state "except when bidding is cancelled".

mAY i REQUEST SOMEBODY FROM GPPB to clarify on this?

ASAP PLEASE. THANKS
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Refund of payment for the purchase of eligibility documents

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:16 pm

fe a. araya wrote:CAn we refund the payment for the purchase of eligibility documents for cancelled bidding?

Sometime in August this year, the BAC published for bidding an infra proj. Prospective bidders who submitted LOI were allowed to purchase the eligibility documents. However, after the eligibility check, the bidding was cancelled due to valid reasons (covered by a resolution) and the eligible bidders were informed officially in writing.

At least two (2) bidders requested for a refund which the BAC replied thru a letter that the payment is non-refundable as specifically stipulated in the Invitation to Qualify and to Bid. However, going ahead, what if the bidder react that since the bidding was not pushed thru or was cancelled, they should be refunded of the amount they paid. Am I correct in my opinion that the condition in the ITB is clear, that it is non-refundable. It does not state "except when bidding is cancelled".

mAY i REQUEST SOMEBODY FROM GPPB to clarify on this?

ASAP PLEASE. THANKS
I posted similar topic click this link http://gppb.topicsolutions.net/competitive-bidding-f8/re-refund-of-expenses-incurred-in-the-bidding-t263.htm?highlight=refund
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:35 pm

Thanks. I appreciate your early reply.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by misty on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:43 pm

good pm.

i think ms. fe's query is not the same as that of the link provided.

her's was a cancelled bidding procedure while that of the link was that of a cancelled project.

is the "non refundable" clause applicable in both situations?

thank you.
misty
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 71
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : finance
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:07 pm

Thanks, misty, for that clarification. I missed that point. Tao lang. But if sunriser can again give us some pointers or perhaps engrjhez, I will really appreciate it.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:16 pm

Cool lang po tayo. Cool

Whether it is a cancelled bidding or a cancelled project doesn't matter - no bidding was conducted and no award was given. The statement as reflected in the Instruction to Bidders (ITB) is clear and has no exception.

NON-REFUNDABLE.

Hence, the government shall in no case refund the bidders of the paid fees and cost of preparation of their documents.
Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:52 pm

Am sorry, sir. I don't mean anything bad about it. if you were offended and I don't disregard BAC's accountability cause I know they are the signatories to all BAC documents. But I still maintain that the BAC Secretariat is also responsible for whatever action it made given the duties and responsibilities as spelled out in the IRR.

Last thing, that "walk out" and "placards" were made as in "figure of speech". I assure you, sir, no harm meant . I still bow to BAC members because I am also a part of the BAC. Thnak you and good day.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:00 pm

To amang and engrjhez, thanks. Am sorry for that exchange of heated words ( I did not really intend to offend anyone lalo na ang BAC Chairman). Proud (not boastful) lang ako na I am the BAC Secretariat kasi this is another challenge for me and mas madami natututunan, mas ok. Dami tayo nasasabi dito na actually in jest (actually sainyo ako natuto hehehe) na di ko akalain nakaka touch ng ibang damdamin and for that, I am sorry.

Parang personalan na yata ang dating. Post naman tayo ng ibang topic.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by dlsn on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:56 am

Please refrain from posting in capital letters. Posting in capital letters is considered "shouting". If you feel strongly about a point and you feel the need to emphasize, you may use bold, underlined, italicized fonts.

Also, kindly refrain from posting off-topic comments as these disrupts the flow of topic discussion.

Be reminded that by registering in this Forum, you have acceded to the terms and conditions thereof. The administrators and moderators are authorized to edit and/or delete any post when, based on their discretion, it is not necessary or it muddles up the discussion.

Thank you for your understanding.
dlsn

Male Number of posts : 52
Company/Agency : GPPB-TSO
Occupation/Designation : Deputy Executive Director
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:16 am

dlsn wrote:Please refrain from posting in capital letters. Posting in capital letters is considered "shouting". If you feel strongly about a point and you feel the need to emphasize, you may use bold, underlined, or italicized fonts.

Also, kindly refrain from posting off-topic comments as these disrupts the flow of topic discussion.

Be reminded that by registering in this Forum, you have acceded to the terms and conditions thereof. The administrators and moderators are authorized to edit and/or delete any post when, based on their discretion, it is not necessary or it muddles up the discussion.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry sir, i only would wish to be Fe's shining armor king yoohoo!!! in defense of a capitalized post of a BAC chairman.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ALL43 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:46 am

Hi everyone:

Just new here in GPPB Forum...just like to ask for advise, suggestions & comments regarding our recent experienced with one LGU...We delivered 1 unit brand new Garbage Compactor last January 23, 2015 and upto now...the Head of the Procurring entity ( Mayor ) still dont want to release the payment...the unit is currently being use upto present...wala nman kaminproblema sa BAC since we complied to all requirements.....The mayor insisting on we should replace the unit with another brand new one...we are committed with the aftersales service for 2 years and everytime they called us ( Engineering Office ) kapag may nasira sa unit e nagpapapunta kmi ng Technicians to repair whatever damage or problem they encounter with the Truck...we keep on serving them with regards to After Sales Warranty pra hindi mahinto ang Garbage collection ng Bayan nla...but still...ayaw parin magbayad ng MAyor...

ALL43

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : PRIVATE
Occupation/Designation : SALES ENGINEER
Registration date : 2015-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top