Replying in CAPITAL LETTERS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Replying in CAPITAL LETTERS!

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:55 am

I suggest we refrain from posting or replying all in CAPITAL LETTERS. That is almost equivalent,if not equivalent, to SHOUTING already.

Sometimes I also lost my cool here, and I always regret it, so, please, COOL lang tayo and again, please refrain from using all CAPITAL LETTERS in our replies.

Thanks, everybody.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Replying in CAPITAL LETTERS!

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:29 am

AGREE. (nyek, all caps din?!)

Since we do not know the intonations and both explicit and implicit meanings of posts, it is better do it the normal way. Besides, there are 'smileys' or 'emoticons' that could express our emotions better than just writing. Doing it in all caps means emphasis. But doing all paragraph in all caps is shattering (even if we put 'simleys' and 'emoticons'.

I am sometimes a culprit of what RDV mentioned and I also regret it. But after sometime, I learned to be more careful with what I am posting kasi:

"Doctors can erase mistake by burying it 6 feet below the ground,
Lawyers can erase mistake by putting it behind bars,
But as to writers, we cannot erase what is written."

Enough said. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:30 am

To all Concerned:
As I have said in one of my post on the question that I raised before: What is the Relationship of the BAC and the BAC Secretariat; I said and I am saying it again: The BAC Secretariat is I believe the wheel that brings to the BAC the information that is needed by the BAC to come up with a resolution that will help the HOPE come up with a decision. So cool it guys; we are here to discuss things and in the process exchange ideas that will enrich our knowledge on RA 9184. Di tayo nandito para magpataasan ng ihi o ano pa man. We are all procurement practitioners and I believe we have some procurement practices in our agencies that is "unique" and I hope that by being members of The Forum we can harmonize this practices with what is mandated by RA 9184. The Forum and its original members has a noble purpose. Let us not put this to waste. I would not like The Forum to disintegrate because of "petty squabbles".
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:00 am

engrjhez wrote:

AGREE. (nyek, all caps din?!)

Since we do not know the intonations and both explicit and implicit meanings of posts, it is better do it the normal way. Besides, there are 'smileys' or 'emoticons' that could express our emotions better than just writing. Doing it in all caps means emphasis. But doing all paragraph in all caps is shattering (even if we put 'simleys' and 'emoticons'.

I am sometimes a culprit of what RDV mentioned and I also regret it. But after sometime, I learned to be more careful with what I am posting kasi:

"Doctors can erase mistake by burying it 6 feet below the ground,
Lawyers can erase mistake by putting it behind bars,
But as to writers, we cannot erase what is written."

Enough said. Very Happy

THAT'S TRUE, JUST LIKE IN TEXTING, oops soryy affraid affraid nagstuck keyboard ko. just what i said similar to texting pag naka caps lack para ka na din sinisigawan, just like our BAC chairman pagnagtetext capital letters lahat, kaya itong certain JASON sound like my BAC chairman Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy o ayan Fe marami ka nang kakampi.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:12 am

But am really sorry. I should have not give in yesterday. Its very improper. But I can't just sit down and swallow it. I agree with Jcolas bout the relationship between the BAC Chair and BAC Secretariat and I also express my opinion on this already in my earlier posts. The reason why I join this forum is to connect to other procurement practitioners. This is one venue where we can learn more not only from the books but sharing of actual experiences and how we survive.

Thank God, you're there amang, at least my BAC Chair and members are very professional and very supportive. Siempre di rin maiwasan ang may differences in opinion sa grupo but that's healthy.

One last thing, at least this forum is very effective especially yong mga posts natin.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:03 pm

Watch mode lang ako. Cool Peace to All I ll share a Quote here it is
"If you believe you understand what I think I said I'm not sure what you heard is not I mend, so listening is the beginning of understanding" cheers
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mbdr on Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Dear everybody...

the adminstrator posted the forum rules and guidelines and hopefully everybody is clarified now.

Yes let us respect each other but please (pakiusap lang) let us no be so sinsitive on other's opinion. Were here to learn. There are times that we are not aware na capslock napala ang ginamit natin pero wala sa atin yun sirs...

Sana well not end this forum. This is a great help to us . As I said, I attended a 3 day roll out training on the revised IRR of RA 9184 just last 2 weeks ago but still, I find this forum an important tool in our learning.

For all of us, especially to the secretariat, lets continue our quest.... to learn more and more. Let us try to learn our work.

Again, to the admin, thanks for reminding us the forum rules and for all of us PEACE (awwww.............) peace! Very Happy bounce

-mbdr-

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 84
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Govt. Employee/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:47 am

To all my colleagues....
Good Day.....
Let us all be objective...This forum is a learning tool for all of us and we even sometimes didn't notice that we are already giving good and best practices that we are doing in our respective agencies...we are partners and collaborators ....personally even though I don' know all of you except for RDV whom we occassionally see on some seminars but I have establish a friendship among all of you ...some I had your mobile numbers already....
Everyday I pray that GOD will give me patience so that I could handle situations on a good perspective...whatever happened this last typhoon ...we must join hands to collaborate and support each other....
In addition , we must be concern also on our environment ...this is a wak up call lessen the papers that we are doing through recycling and reusing po...
msm326:)
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content