Latest topics

DO THE BAC HAS THE AUTHORITY TO EXTEND MAYOR'S PERMIT?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DO THE BAC HAS THE AUTHORITY TO EXTEND MAYOR'S PERMIT?

Post by jg8888ph on Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:22 pm

We have a bidding for infrastracture projects here in our district this coming Jan 3 2017. The Bac has informed bidders that they will give 30 days extension on the mayor's permit. They will accept the expired one and does not need to submit a receipt of renewal. But for me, this is not fair and correct by law. Tbis will become a precedent if they allow such practices. However, I am not sure if the Gppb has granted such powers to the BAC. Thanks. hope you can help me out because I am planning to file an MR if they allow such practices in the upcoming bidding. Since as for me, I have managed to secure a receipt of my mayors permit renewal which I will attach as a proof that I have filed my renewal.... Thanks and hoping to hear your opinions and legal advises.

jg8888ph

Male Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : G Builders
Occupation/Designation : Authorized Managing Officer
Registration date : 2016-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: DO THE BAC HAS THE AUTHORITY TO EXTEND MAYOR'S PERMIT?

Post by pluma on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:49 am

They have no authority, however they have the discretion to whether accept expired documents on special cases provided that all parties involve are fully informed (as we all know Mayor's Permit always end on December and the application is on January and it takes time to acquire new permit). On our case we require the receipt for renewal for mayor's permit and give a certain period on the bidder (if winner) to submit the required documents (post-qualification).
pluma
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 73
Company/Agency : Local Government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretary
Registration date : 2014-08-08

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top