Latest topics

Bid Docs and bid forms

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bid Docs and bid forms

Post by inthedark18 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:21 pm

hi! i am a newbie with BAC and i badly need help. the previous BAC Sec died last June 2009 and the one who took over temporarily, resigned. i was able to attend the training in iloilo, however, i did not understand anything since i haven't had any previous experience with all those transactions. the first day of the training was my very first day with BAC too. i am literally in the dark now, as what Atty. Panes said, "to those who are new to the BAC, welcome to hell", i think i am in hell now. i don't have a single idea what are to be included in the bid docs? what to do next? i've been reading the manual everyday but it's hard to understand since i don't have any experience with the actual bidding. what are the eligibility criteria? what are supposed to be included in the technical and financial envelope? what do we call the paper where the supplier is supposed to put their quotations for the goods to be bid, is it invitation to bidders? because i know their is an invitation to bid. i'm confused. can someone help me please? any help would be greatly appreciated. please bare with me. thanks!
inthedark18

Female Number of posts : 9
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : BAC Sec
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Docs and bid forms

Post by jcolas on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:22 pm

Welcome to The Forum "Inthedark18". What an appropriate name; but do not despair. Every member of The Forum has undergone the same predicament as you are now experiencing. I would just like to encourage you to keep on reading RA 9184 and its Revised IRR. You try to secure the records of the BAC Secretariat and try to familiarize yourself with the different forms. Do not hesitate to ask questions also from your BAC members and other BAC of other agencies in your locality be they are from the National, GOCC's or from LGU's like you. Remember that it is in asking that you will start to learn. Everymember of The Forum started this way. Ask, read, ask, read. that is the only way and good luck!!!
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:51 am

inthedark18 wrote:hi! i am a newbie with BAC and i badly need help. the previous BAC Sec died last June 2009 and the one who took over temporarily, resigned. i was able to attend the training in iloilo, however, i did not understand anything since i haven't had any previous experience with all those transactions. the first day of the training was my very first day with BAC too. i am literally in the dark now, as what Atty. Panes said, "to those who are new to the BAC, welcome to hell", i think i am in hell now. i don't have a single idea what are to be included in the bid docs? what to do next? i've been reading the manual everyday but it's hard to understand since i don't have any experience with the actual bidding. what are the eligibility criteria? what are supposed to be included in the technical and financial envelope? what do we call the paper where the supplier is supposed to put their quotations for the goods to be bid, is it invitation to bidders? because i know their is an invitation to bid. i'm confused. can someone help me please? any help would be greatly appreciated. please bare with me. thanks!

Welcome to the forum. inthedark18!

Let us put some light into your 'new world'. You have so many concerns in your mind right now, you don't even know where to start. Starting it with a 'welcome to hell' did not help those you are only beginning in their newly-assigned responsibilities.

Most of the answers to your (initial) questions could be found in the (revised) IRR.

1. What are the eligibility criteria? - Please read Sec. 23.5 (for goods and infra) and Sec. 24.3 (for consulting services), Rule VIII of the revised IRR. It tells you who are eligible to participate in your bidding.

2. what are supposed to be included in the technical and financial envelope? - The answers are in Sec. 25, Rule VIII of the revised IRR.

3. what do we call the paper where the supplier is supposed to put their quotations for the goods to be bid, is it invitation to bidders? - It is not called Invitation to Bidders as the latter in just that an invitation to prospective bidders to participate in the bidding of your project. It contains, among others, the name of the project; the ABC; the funding source; the eligibility criteria; the date, time and place of the deadline for submission of bid; etc. Maybe you are referring to the Bid Form, which is included among the forms in the PBDs (3rd Edition). You can download the form using the running message on top of this board.

Those are just your initial questions so I will limit on those. Just follow what jcolas has suggested. You have taken already the small step, and that is what is important. Just continue reading, re-reading and re-reading. We all started in the same boat as you.

RDV
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:11 am

You indeed seem to be in the dark. Anyways, just like jcolas and RDV said let me just add some words of encouragement (I hope it would. Hehehe…). Never take any new assignments as if it would be a pain in your ass or something like hell it would be in your entire life, but instead take them positively accept them as your added strength consider them as your savings deposit in your bank account, because sooner or later you will take advantage of it, that will be your treasure. Do not resign most especially don’t die (joke!! hehehe). As they say it is easy said than done but I believe that’s how each of us started here. I believe your BAC may likewise help you, socialize with your BAC don’t hesitate to refer your queries to them I am sure they are professionals. All of your questions are actually found in the revised IRR and of course the most effective of them all, "the GPPB Forum" konting pindot at type lang bwala you have the answers. and most important thing, you really need to do a lot of reading and I mean A LOT OF READING. So just relax enjoy life.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:17 am

amang1965 wrote:You indeed seem to be in the dark. Anyways, just like jcolas and RDV said let me just add some words of encouragement (I hope it would. Hehehe…). Never take any new assignments as if it would be a pain in your ass or something like hell it would be in your entire life, but instead take them positively accept them as your added strength consider them as your savings deposit in your bank account, because sooner or later you will take advantage of it, that will be your treasure. Do not resign most especially don’t die (joke!! hehehe). As they say it is easy said than done but I believe that’s how each of us started here. I believe your BAC may likewise help you, socialize with your BAC don’t hesitate to refer your queries to them I am sure they are professionals. All of your questions are actually found in the revised IRR and of course the most effective of them all, "the GPPB online Forum" konting pindot at type lang bwala you have the answers. and most important thing, you really need to do a lot of reading and I mean A LOT OF READING. So just relax enjoy life.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by mbdr on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:41 am

Good morning Interdark18 and welcome to the forum!

I know you are from region VI as i am! Yup... Atty. Panes was the speaker for Alternative Mode of proc.... he was a good speaker (by the way i was assigned in School 1, Sept 30-October 3, Punta Villa Iloilo) and very interesting. With him (like me before), you will learn a lot and you will be encouraged to dig and study more about RA 9184. By the way, clasmate ba tayo sa seminar na yon???

Dont worry, were not actually in hell.Same with you, as sir jcolas said, we also had the same predicament of what your are expereincing now. tips lang po..... first, love your new job in the BAC. Put dedication and interest in your quest / journey to learn the law. I'll assure you dear, its challenging, konting tiaga lang. 2nd, establish linkage with other RA9184 practicioners like this forum.... Sa totoo lang, mas maami akong natutuhan dito kesa mag read lang tayo. Here, you will know the different actual scenarios from the various LGUs/ NGAs .You can count everyone in the forum for heir views sa mga probs natin. But of course, do not stop reading ha...

Remember what Sir Bedonia , one of speakers in Iloilo , said (OIC DBM Regional Officer) about the the mathematical formula to achieve our dreams...? If we have the good attitude , its 100% sure to get our dream comes true . .....
He also said that one can conclude with mathematical certainty that:
While Hard Work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will Get you there, It’s the Love of God that will put you over the top!

Share ko lang 'to para sa lahat ha para inspiration also.

For you interdark18, good luck and godbless. Feel free to ask for it s in asking that you will know the answers.......

cheers

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 84
Occupation/Designation : Govt. Employee/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mbdr on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:45 am

Im sorry na mispell ko name mo .. its "inthedark" pala not interdark. sori sori po!

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by inthedark18 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:21 am

[/b] hi! thank you for all the encouragement! i hope you don't get tired of answering all my questions. i still have a gaziliion of them in my mind.. hehe..yup! i am from region 6.. but we did not attend the same training days.
inthedark18

Back to top Go down

Post by mbdr on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:27 am

Ahh ok but for sure, we had the same speakers. Cege ma start kana study sang RA 9184. enjoy and good luck! sunny

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by inthedark18 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:34 pm

yes, we have the same speakers. Smile i have another question. in the composition of bid docs, when u say form of bid, price form, and list of goods of bill quantities, what do u mean by that? do i also include in the bid docs, the forms like affidavit of disclosure of no relationship, sworn statements, to be filled out by the suppliers and to be notarized by the lawyer? or does the supplier will have to provide that for themselves? i know i sound really stupid here with all my questions. i should be asking the BAC members, and officers but they are new to this too. and like me, they don't have any idea. the seminar was the very first seminar they were able to attend too. the previous BAC officers are just to proud to assist us. You know how it's like in the gov't with political factions. hope u understand. thanks a lot!..
inthedark18

Back to top Go down

Post by mbdr on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:03 pm

gdpm inthedark18 and to all!

do you have a copy of the handbook for the revised IRR of RA9184? The one provided by the gppb during our seminar. the white small book... ara da sa book ang ansers sa questions mo.

I want to share with you sana the presentation made by the various speakers during our seminar. Yong powerpoint, pingtiagaan kong magpa cute sa Secretariat sa philbo para makakuha ako ng copies. dala dala ko ang personal usb ko at nakuha ko at mga presented topics nila.

By the way, ang format sa bid docs at affidavit of disclosure of no relationship, sworn statements and other required docs that need to be notarized ay puydi nang ma download. Please look at the running words at the top.... yon i click mo .

Pasensiya im not a good teacher ha pero I assure you i will be sharing to you what I got from that 3 days roll out training-seminar. Isang region lang tayo , d ba?

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by inthedark18 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:25 pm

yeah, we're from the same region. so lahat ng forms na nasa downloadables kasama lahat sa bid docs yon? it's ok po. i'm really thankful nga kasi ang tyago nyo sakin.. hehe... i have the handbook. and yong kasama ko may handbook ng sample forms dati.. pero d na gna gamit dpat yon dba? kasi sabi may mga bago na.. when will they give it to us? kasi po yong samin dito, pag bumibili ang suppliers ng bid docs sabi ng kasama ko ITB lang tlga yong binibigay nila.. pwede ba yon? i was wondering nga kasi ang daming dpat kasa ksama sa bid docs dba? kaya nalilito tlga po ako.. kasi po sobrang daming mali sa BAC namin dito. ngayon pa lang yata e implement yong tamang proseso... i don't know where to start... plus wala talagang iniwan na formats yong dating SEC.. Crying or Very sad
inthedark18

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:25 pm

inthedark18 wrote:hi! i am a newbie with BAC and i badly need help. the previous BAC Sec died last June 2009 and the one who took over temporarily, resigned. i was able to attend the training in iloilo, however, i did not understand anything since i haven't had any previous experience with all those transactions. the first day of the training was my very first day with BAC too. i am literally in the dark now, as what Atty. Panes said, "to those who are new to the BAC, welcome to hell", i think i am in hell now. i don't have a single idea what are to be included in the bid docs? what to do next? i've been reading the manual everyday but it's hard to understand since i don't have any experience with the actual bidding. what are the eligibility criteria? what are supposed to be included in the technical and financial envelope? what do we call the paper where the supplier is supposed to put their quotations for the goods to be bid, is it invitation to bidders? because i know their is an invitation to bid. i'm confused. can someone help me please? any help would be greatly appreciated. please bare with me. thanks!
Welcome to the forum Sir.Dont worry be happy, all is not lost, I suppose temporary assigned lang naman sa BAC Secretariat, anyway try to download this Generic procurement manuals, most the procedures are explain in step by step format, and it is easier to understand. Click this link for reference http://www.gppb.gov.ph/downloadables/forms/GPM%20-%20Vol.2.pdf
or this link http://www.gppb.gov.ph/downloadables/default.asp. (Generic Procurement Manuals) Hope this might help.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by inthedark18 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:06 pm

hi po! i am a girl, Sir. looks like i'll be staying here for a long time.. *sigh*.. thanks for the reference.... Very Happy
inthedark18

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:36 pm

inthedark18 wrote:hi po! i am a girl, Sir. looks like i'll be staying here for a long time.. *sigh*.. thanks for the reference.... Very Happy
I'm am really sorry for the honest mistake "inthedark18",maybe its time for me to have my eyesight tested again, this progressive lens I have been using no longer working for me, its time to visit a doctor. Smile I was not able to see clearly the small icon queen beneath your username. and again sorry.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by inthedark18 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:08 pm

Good morning!!!! No problem. It's ok. This is fun. I love this forum. hehe. Very Happy
inthedark18

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:33 pm

inthedark18 wrote:Good morning!!!! No problem. It's ok. This is fun. I love this forum. hehe. Very Happy

It's a bit late, but better late than never - Welcome to this Forum!

I remember the days when I was a newbie myself with no idea how everything works. It's a cruel world out here but there is no cruelty that can't be dealt with. Being young (at least compared with any of us), I suggest you do moderate reading of RA.9184 and its Revised IRR. If have ample time in the internet, please have time looking in the past discussions where you can build up the general concept of procurement. Look at how members ask and answer. You will learn a lot from a diverse group of professionals here. Sometimes, it is better reading the forum than reading the procurement manual alone.

Just remember in government procurement, the general rule is PUBLIC BIDDING. No resorting to alternative methods unless on highly exceptional cases. Please keep that in mind and heart as a beginner.

You may also want to join the GPPB Online Forum fan on Facebook® for a different experience. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by inthedark18 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:32 pm

hello! you are all my teachers and i am your student. cool!. am i the youngest here? Very Happy this is all new to me. i've only been with the LGU for almost 2 years, i've got so much to learn. i spend most of my free time now on this website more than i do on my facebook. hehe.. our BAC office doesn't have internet connection. I only get to do this when i'm at home.
inthedark18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top