BAC SECRETARIAT'S FUNCTION VIS-A-VIS THE TWG

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BAC SECRETARIAT'S FUNCTION VIS-A-VIS THE TWG

Post by kruger on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:05 am

Hi,

Does the Head of the BAC Secretariat have any oversight function over the TWG?

It is a long story but basically, what happened was that as I was transmitting my post-qualification report to the BAC through the Secretariat, the Secretariat Head called my attention and told me to revise my report.

Questions:

1. Does the Secretariat have any oversight function over the TWG, to such extent that it can tell the TWG what to put in its report?
2. Where does it say in RA9184 or any other document that indeed it has oversight over the TWG?
3. If it doesn't have the right to dictate what the content or context of the TWG's report should have, what are the applicable sanctions that can be imposed by the BAC against the Secretariat?

Thanks and a good day to everyone!
kruger

Male Number of posts : 12
Company/Agency : Department of Transportation and Communications
Occupation/Designation : Engineer III - TWG Head
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: BAC SECRETARIAT'S FUNCTION VIS-A-VIS THE TWG

Post by pluma on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:32 pm

1& 2: Refer to Sec.12 and Sec 14 of 2016 Revised IRR
3. You may discuss it on your meetings and if you can't resolve it you may write a report to your BAC Chairman, H.o.P.E./LCE or in your ethics/grievance committee whichever you see fit.
Dictating the context of reports especially findings (on bid evaluation and other related documents) the seems to be shady unless they are dictating the right thing, as member of secretariat we know the details of the documents more than what TWG/BAC knows most of the time since we are the one who prepares/make reports and in charge of keeping documents, we can see the clearer picture/summary of the procurement process.
pluma
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 75
Company/Agency : Local Government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretary
Registration date : 2014-08-08

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top