Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4


CAn an inspector from the GSD be a member of the TWG

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CAn an inspector from the GSD be a member of the TWG

Post by mbdr on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:45 pm

Gdpm to all!

Can an inspector from the GS Office be a member of the TWG?

We have a PR for heavy equipment worth 7.5M and we are now finalizing the poll of TWG representing the technical, legal and finance for the said requisition. It so happened that we only have less mechanical engineers in our lgu and one is assigned in the GS Office. Can the BAC appoint him as member of the poll of TWG? Please share with me your views on this matter.

Thanks and more power to all!

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 84
Age : 49
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Govt. Employee/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: CAn an inspector from the GSD be a member of the TWG

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:23 pm

mbdr wrote:Gdpm to all!

Can an inspector from the GS Office be a member of the TWG?

We have a PR for heavy equipment worth 7.5M and we are now finalizing the poll of TWG representing the technical, legal and finance for the said requisition. It so happened that we only have less mechanical engineers in our lgu and one is assigned in the GS Office. Can the BAC appoint him as member of the poll of TWG? Please share with me your views on this matter.

Thanks and more power to all!

Gud pm, mbdr!

I don't see any reason why that GSO inspector cannot be a member of the TWG. He has the technical expertise, I suppose. The only possible reason why he could not be designated as a TWG member could be conflict of interest, but that is best determined by the procuring entity itself.

RDV
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: CAn an inspector from the GSD be a member of the TWG

Post by Niwram on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:37 pm

Gud pm..
Under Rule V Section 11.2.4 of the revised IRR of RA 9184 states that the HOPE may designate alternate members of the BAC, who shall have the same qualifications as their principals. the alternate members shall attend meetings of the BAC and receive the corresponding Honoraria, whenever their principals are absent. the alternate shall have the same term as their principals. the accountability of the principal and the alternate member shall be limited to their respective acts and decisions.

the law is clear that as long as the person to be appointed have the same qualifications and expertise he/she can be appointed as member of the BAC Very Happy
avatar
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Re: CAn an inspector from the GSD be a member of the TWG

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:40 pm

mmp wrote:Gud pm..
Under Rule V Section 11.2.4 of the revised IRR of RA 9184 states that the HOPE may designate alternate members of the BAC, who shall have the same qualifications as their principals. the alternate members shall attend meetings of the BAC and receive the corresponding Honoraria, whenever their principals are absent. the alternate shall have the same term as their principals. the accountability of the principal and the alternate member shall be limited to their respective acts and decisions.

the law is clear that as long as the person to be appointed have the same qualifications and expertise he/she can be appointed as member of the BAC Very Happy

mmp, what is being asked in TWG membership not BAC membership.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: CAn an inspector from the GSD be a member of the TWG

Post by Niwram on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:24 am

RDV, Under Section 12 of Executive Order no. 40 provides that: Technical Working Group. For each specific procurement, the BAC may create a Technical Working Group from a pool of technical, financial and/or legal experts to assist in the
evaluation of bids.

that is why as long as they possess the same expertise and qualifications he or she can be appointed as member of TWG..
bounce
avatar
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Re: CAn an inspector from the GSD be a member of the TWG

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:26 am

mmp wrote:RDV, Under Section 12 of Executive Order no. 40 provides that: Technical Working Group. For each specific procurement, the BAC may create a Technical Working Group from a pool of technical, financial and/or legal experts to assist in the
evaluation of bids.

that is why as long as they possess the same expertise and qualifications he or she can be appointed as member of TWG..
bounce

E.O 40 has already been repealed by R.A. 9184, although that provision is still carried in Sec. 12 of R.A. 9184.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: CAn an inspector from the GSD be a member of the TWG

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:45 am

RDV wrote:
mbdr wrote:Gdpm to all!

Can an inspector from the GS Office be a member of the TWG?

We have a PR for heavy equipment worth 7.5M and we are now finalizing the poll of TWG representing the technical, legal and finance for the said requisition. It so happened that we only have less mechanical engineers in our lgu and one is assigned in the GS Office. Can the BAC appoint him as member of the poll of TWG? Please share with me your views on this matter.

Thanks and more power to all!

Gud pm, mbdr!

I don't see any reason why that GSO inspector cannot be a member of the TWG. He has the technical expertise, I suppose. The only possible reason why he could not be designated as a TWG member could be conflict of interest, but that is best determined by the procuring entity itself.

RDV
I agree with Sir RDV, but also violate the principle of "checks and Balances" bounce
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: CAn an inspector from the GSD be a member of the TWG

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum