» No Objection Letter
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:15 pm by markshinoda

» Query about MOOE and Capital Outlay
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:31 pm by markshinoda

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:53 pm by markshinoda

» RE-SCHEDULED PRE-BID TO RE-SCHEDULING OF BID SUBMISSION
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:45 pm by markshinoda

» Purchase of Drugs and Medicines for MHO.
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:05 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OFFICE CABINET FOR MEO
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:32 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF SUPPLIES FOR MATERNAL CHILD CARE PROGRAM
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:16 pm by btorres4

Changes in the amount of ABC

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Changes in the amount of ABC

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:35 pm

Thanks Sir RDV, for taking time to answer our queries and doubts. Very Happy
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:36 pm

sunriser431 wrote:Thanks Sir RDV, for taking time to answer our queries and doubts. Very Happy

My pleasure, sunriser! I just find the time to answer some of the queries and 'doubts' (as you said).
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:29 pm

ruel wrote:

P.S. Congrats, OIC Regional Director ka na pala, ngayon ko lang napansin. Very Happy Very Happy

Hehe, that was months ago na dude. RDV is humble enough to put on O.I.C. (as in "oh I see") but the fact is, he is just waiting for the official appointment as RD of 4-B. (no that's a real congrats!)

Join ka naman sa Facebook® Engr. Ruel, hehe.

Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:39 am

engrjhez wrote:
ruel wrote:

P.S. Congrats, OIC Regional Director ka na pala, ngayon ko lang napansin. Very Happy Very Happy

Hehe, that was months ago na dude. RDV is humble enough to put on O.I.C. (as in "oh I see") but the fact is, he is just waiting for the official appointment as RD of 4-B. (no that's a real congrats!)

Join ka naman sa Facebook® Engr. Ruel, hehe.

Very Happy

Thanks, engr. ruel. Very Happy
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by mbdr on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Congrats Sir RDV!!! bounce

=mbdr=

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 84
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Govt. Employee/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:08 pm

mbdr wrote:Congrats Sir RDV!!! bounce

=mbdr=

Thank you, mbdr Smile
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:05 am

Pa Habol naman ako, Congrats Sir RDV .. Very Happy

sunriser431 cheers
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:58 am

sunriser431 wrote:Pa Habol naman ako, Congrats Sir RDV .. Very Happy

sunriser431 cheers

Salamat din, sunriser431. sunny
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by marriola on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:54 pm

hello everyone,
just wondering if we are not violating "Section 18. Reference to Brand Names" in this case where we specify "U.S. Made", "England Made" or "China Made", etc.
gracias!
marriola

Male Number of posts : 23
Company/Agency : lgu zamboanga city
Occupation/Designation : bac member
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:04 pm

marriola wrote:hello everyone,
just wondering if we are not violating "Section 18. Reference to Brand Names" in this case where we specify "U.S. Made", "England Made" or "China Made", etc.
gracias!

Welcome to the forum, marriola!

Brand name refers to proprietary, patented, or trademarked name which leads to no less than the specific product being referred to.

In my opinion, US, UK, or China made are considered part of the specs and not to the brand name. Although partly restrictive, the country of origin may be considered a standard specification depending on the preferred material without violating Sec.18.

Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by marriola on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:04 pm

thanks engrjhez, i agree with your opinion that's it is restrictive
marriola

Male Number of posts : 23
Company/Agency : lgu zamboanga city
Occupation/Designation : bac member
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:48 pm

marriola wrote:hello everyone,
gracias!
Hi marriola welcome to the forum
This was especially mention in Section II. Instructions to Bidders
1. xxxx
2. xxxx
7.Origin of Goods
Unless otherwise indicated in the BDS, there is no restriction on the origin of goods other than those prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, subject to ITB Clause 27.1.
Hope this might help. bounce
additional readings click this link http://www.un.org/en/documents/charter/chapter7.shtml
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:08 pm

welcome marriola,

i think putting the place of origin or what country a certain product has been made is tantamount to placing brand name and should not be part of the specification. because this is in violation to free trade among other countries. it is absolutely discriminatory to other countries who may have met the specifications intented to be procured. we cannot say for a certain product that we intend to procure, should be made in USA, suppose Japan could meet such specifications of the items to be procured. Kaya tayo binabaha ng mga products na made in China, is because of FREE TRADE.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:59 am

amang1965 wrote:welcome marriola,

i think putting the place of origin or what country a certain product has been made is tantamount to placing brand name and should not be part of the specification. because this is in violation to free trade among other countries. it is absolutely discriminatory to other countries who may have met the specifications intented to be procured. we cannot say for a certain product that we intend to procure, should be made in USA, suppose Japan could meet such specifications of the items to be procured. Kaya tayo binabaha ng mga products na made in China, is because of FREE TRADE.

that is a stark reality amang, i think you're right. but, whether we like it or not some products from other countries are inferior than others. Procurement of goods such as Guns and Ammo, motor vehicles, motorized pumps, vehicle tires, and other machineries are difficult to be provided with specifications unless you put a country of its origin. So as not to limit our choice of country, we simply put this clause in our PR/PBD's "preferrably made in U.S., Italy, France, or Japan.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:21 am

amang1965 wrote:i think putting the place of origin or what country a certain product has been made is tantamount to placing brand name and should not be part of the specification. because this is in violation to free trade among other countries. it is absolutely discriminatory to other countries who may have met the specifications intented to be procured. we cannot say for a certain product that we intend to procure, should be made in USA, suppose Japan could meet such specifications of the items to be procured. Kaya tayo binabaha ng mga products na made in China, is because of FREE TRADE.

There is actually some instances where the quality of a product is determined by country of origin. Consider some specialized testing and research (including some construction) materials. The Philippine Standard (PS) is closely similar to American Standards for Testing Materials (ASTM). This will lead to products specifying US measurement units. You cannot simply open up the country of origin because a similar item from the UK (using Bristish Standards or BS) uses a different method of conducting the test. The specimens are tested differently and thus cannot be compared on equal grounds.

Of course this is just my observation. Unless there is a violation of International Agreements, specifying the country of origin may always be allowed as specified in the Bidding Documents.

Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:31 pm

i agree with both your sentiments ruel and jhez. we all know that there are countries, especially the highly industriaized ones, produce good quality products or items and they likewise have their own standards as far as testing of materials is concerned. and there are likewise countries who would produce lesser or sub standard ones. take for instance China or even the Philippines, China actually is a dual standard country (sorry for the Chinese, and I am not trying to single out China,these may be true to some highly industrialized countries), wherein there are products for mass production but of course with lesser quality and there are those products with better quality na yun yung sinasabi nila na pambato, but lesser and production. Yes, most countries have their own standards and procedures in testing of materials and there is no question about that, but i believe there is always a common denominator to these different standards. I think what matters here is that, the procuring country has its own standards when they come to procure a certain product, it will depend on how this procuring country would test this certain product coming from different countries. Lets take for example vehicles that are made in Japan. there are vehicles made in Japan (Japan for all we know is an industrialized country) that does not pass the US standard but they are much accepted in the Philippines obviously because the US and the Philippines have different standards. what im trying to say here is that, it is how we set our specifications based on our standards and satisfaction but i would still say not to mention the country of origin. i am not actually quite sure if this is in violation to the provisions under the GATT-WTO (general agreement on tariffs and trade-world trade organization, wherein the Philippines is a member) wherein this agreement mainly concerns about free trading among member countries. but again it is my personal opinion likewise that the country of origin should not be indicated because it discriminates other countries who may be capable of delivering the same or probably of better quality.

how would you feel if, lets say the US would want to procure mangoes and they would say "mangoes from asia except from the philippines", when it is worldly known that the best magoes come from the Philippines. lets take another example, lets say we would want to procure a locally manufactured coffee roaster, and we would state that preferrably made in Zamboanga, siempre aangal taga Cavite, because i believe Cavite pa lang ang may locally manufactured na coffee roaster, so where is free trade?. (parang ganun lang yun)
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:51 am

amang1965,

Although I consider the country of origin as pertinent specs, it should not be the criteria alone. I would also like to point out that if ever country of origin is to be considered, the statement should have been said "preferrably..." and not the derogatory "except...".

In the end, should the country of origin needs to be specified or not, remains to be justified.

Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:29 pm

jhez,

the use of "preferrably" or "except" in my examples is out of the issue, i simply made use those words in order to dramatize or exaggerate the situation because whether we use either of these words it will always be followed by the country of origin, ang sa akin lang wala sanang nababanggit na country of origin kahit na gumamit pa tayo ng preferrable o except. i believe there are ways of setting out specifications that will not discreminate or favor any country or manufacturer at na sa atin na yun kung papaano natin maevaluate ang offers ng bawat bidders at gaya ng sabi ko, based on our set of standards/specifications or even satisfactions.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:40 pm

cge, well noted, hehe:D
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:06 pm

im glad you did, likewise jehz, thanks. Very Happy I believe dito kayo sa Baguio for your PICE national convention sa December.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:04 am

amang1965 wrote:im glad you did, likewise jehz, thanks. Very Happy I believe dito kayo sa Baguio for your PICE national convention sa December.
It actually started today with the games and tournament. The official opening program is tomorrow. I will depart soon. Sana we could meet kahit sa Friday. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top