Latest topics

Hiring of Equipment, Emergency Personnel and procurement of goods for calamity

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hiring of Equipment, Emergency Personnel and procurement of goods for calamity

Post by msm326 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:33 am

Good day to all forum members,

I was too busy for the past few weeks due to the effects of typhoons Ondoy, Pepeng and now Santi...Our town is still in the process of rescue, relief and rehabilitation. first time that it happened to us... It seems low bat na ako considering that I had to do field works due to the clearing operations of the clay soil that was left in the thoroughfares and doing the paper works of RA 9184...Please help me out to organize my thoughts on the hiring of equipment and emergency personnel because I can't control some of the actions of the engineering now because everything are on a fast track basis to immediately remove all the clay soil. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I also asked for you solicited guidance I could not share some thoughts now ....so many sleepless nights working working No No No

msm326
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Hiring of Equipment, Emergency Personnel and procurement of goods for calamity

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:10 am

msm326 wrote:Good day to all forum members,

I was too busy for the past few weeks due to the effects of typhoons Ondoy, Pepeng and now Santi...Our town is still in the process of rescue, relief and rehabilitation. first time that it happened to us... It seems low bat na ako considering that I had to do field works due to the clearing operations of the clay soil that was left in the thoroughfares and doing the paper works of RA 9184...Please help me out to organize my thoughts on the hiring of equipment and emergency personnel because I can't control some of the actions of the engineering now because everything are on a fast track basis to immediately remove all the clay soil. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I also asked for you solicited guidance I could not share some thoughts now ....so many sleepless nights working working No No No

msm326

Good day, too, msm326. It is good that despite the situation your municipality and responsible municipal officials like you are undergoing right now, you still see a "good day" ahead of you.

Just to help you get your thoughts organized, since you are still in a state of calamity, the municipality can do all these hiring of equipment and emergency personnel (general support services) and other procurement activities under Negotiated Procurement due to Emergency Cases (Sec. 53.2). Just make sure that all these procurements by negotiated procurement are appropriately covered by the corresponding BAC Resolutions recommending the use of that alternative method and approved by the HOPE. Under that situation, you are allowed to make direct negotiations with suppliers/contractors located in the vicinity of the calamity so that "immediate action" is undertaken considering that "time is of the essence" or previous suppliers or contractors of good standing. There is no longer a requirement to invite at least three (3) or a "sufficient number" suppliers/contractors of participate or make a canvass of the prices. Direct Negotiation is allowed in Emergency Cases, although if you still have the time to make a canvass to get the best price possible, it would always be a good option.

Those are just some pointers I hope will be able to help you organize your thoughts. If those are not what you really wanted, I just hope it helped in a small way to gather those thoughts. Have a pleasant day despite all the troubles you are having, including batteries getting discharged.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hiring of Equipment, Emergency Personnel and procurement of goods for calamity

Post by riddler on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:42 am

msm326 wrote:Good day to all forum members,

msm326

I just can't find the link msm but the utilization of calamity fund for LGU's is covered by RA 8186 where 5% of Annual Lump sum appropriations are required to all LGU's for relief, rehabilitation, reconstruction, and other work services in connection with the occurence of natural or man-made calamities. I believe your Local DSWD has a copy of the IRR.

However, Equipment rentals (POW) for rehabilatation/repairs needs the expertise of your engineering department including hiring of personnels to be used in the rehab works.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:01 am

P.S.

I believed our President or your Local Disaster Coordinating Council Province/Municipality had an official declaration of the occurence of calamity. you need to have those documents as attachment para sa Alternative Mode na ggawin nyo.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Good Day to all...
Honestly yesterday we are terribly hopeless due to the continuous rains that again causes abrupt increase on the water level of our river .,..thank you for all the support... Sometimes my office becomes an extension of the engineering department ....just a few notes most of the engineering works had been handle by us since they know I had also technical knowledge of what I am doing ....but it is okay we do it with coordination.... I'm organize again .....perhaps I just need to recheck if I'm doing the right things....
It is sometimes hard that they are very much dependent and confident on what I am doing ...minsan ako na lost track yata or rather conscious to commit mistakes lang ....I appreciate all your thoughts ....Salamat .........
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top