Section 18

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Section 18

Post by Double Ace on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Section 18, reference to brand names if very specific. Who polices the PHILGEPS site anyway??

I have encountered ITBs posted by even the Office of the President having reference to a particular brand.
Double Ace

Male Number of posts : 7
Company/Agency : Dynamic Double Aces Solutions Corp
Occupation/Designation : GM/CFO
Registration date : 2009-11-10

http://doubleaces.1stwebs.biz

Back to top Go down

Re: Section 18

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Double Ace wrote:Section 18, reference to brand names if very specific. Who polices the PHILGEPS site anyway??

I have encountered ITBs posted by even the Office of the President having reference to a particular brand.

Reference to brand names only apply to procurement of goods as read from the context. Hence services, if brand name or trade mark exists, will not be covered by Section 18.

Section 18. Reference to Brand Names
Specifications for the procurement of goods shall be based on relevant characteristics and/or
performance requirements. Reference to brand names shall not be allowed.
Although the PhilGEPS was assigned to be the central portal for the purposes of RA.9184, the PhilGEPS team have already indicated in their site that they are not responsible as to correctness of the posts as it is the prime responsibility of the 'posting person' themselves plus the intervention of each agency's Buyer Coordinator.

In any case, you can always call the attention of the PhilGEPS team or the GPPB/GPPB-TSO regarding these violations. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

cellphone number

Post by abdlkhald on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:25 am

Pwede maghingi ng cellphone number mo engr jhez?
abdlkhald

Male Number of posts : 13
Company/Agency : Lanao Builder & Enterprises
Occupation/Designation : Project Manager
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Ace on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:20 am

[quote="engrjhez"]
Double Ace wrote:Section 18, reference to brand names if very specific. Who polices the PHILGEPS site anyway??

...In any case, you can always call the attention of the PhilGEPS team or the GPPB/GPPB-TSO regarding these violations. Very Happy

May I ask how to get in touch with the GPPB-TSO?

I will cite an example, some government agencies in need of tires specify no China made and brand tire. Michelin and Bridgestone both have plants in China. Does this mean that tires from these brands which are made in China are of inferior quality?
Double Ace

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:09 am

you could not either place the country of origin or ban a certain country from participating to a certain bidding, this is against free trade (eto po na naman tayo, there was an earlier discussion regarding country of origin, but i do not know how to link/direct you). for tires try considering the following specifications:

1. temperature it could stand
2. treadwear
3. traction
4. load index (maximum load-carrying capacity per tire)
5. size of course
6. number of ply
7. specify whether steel or nylon belted
8. maximum speed it could withstand
and others probably.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Ace on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:15 am

amang1965 wrote:
1. temperature it could stand
2. treadwear
3. traction
4. load index (maximum load-carrying capacity per tire)
5. size of course
6. number of ply
7. specify whether steel or nylon belted
8. maximum speed it could withstand
and others probably.

Thanks for the reply. Actually, treadwear, traction and temperature are all summarized if the tire has a UTQG (Uniform Tire QualityGrading Standard) rating.

I have been emailing GPPB and apparently, all the emails in their Contact Us page are bouncing. Talk about "feedback" mechanism.
Double Ace

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:11 pm

the best thing you could do is to inform directly the agency concerned about the alleged violation to section 18. with all the documentation and furnish a copy to their resident auditor. i believe it is no longer the mandate of PhilGeps and GPPD to inform government agencies on such violations, but there is nothing wrong in informing them.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:27 am

Good Day....
I agree with sir amang1965 proper communications would help and moderate query/dialogue or discussions would be a professional way of resolving issues. I believe that nothing could be settle with proper communications. We need to have always a room for transactional analysis... AS for your concern, perhaps the auditor could make an AOM and the requesting agency could have a management comment regarding that item. Things can be properly discuss if there meeting of minds.
Sometimes reference to brand names is a case to case basis particularly if you some equipment that needs refill or maintenance...but in our case we do indicate the specifications properly or its equivalent.....
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content