Content of 1st and 2nd Envelope for Infrastructure of the new PBD's

Go down

Content of 1st and 2nd Envelope for Infrastructure of the new PBD's

Post by riddler on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:38 am

x x x x x xx xx.

(b) Technical Documents –

(i) Bid security as prescribed in ITB Clause 18. If the Bidder opts to submit the bid security in the form of:
(i.1) a bank draft/guarantee or an irrevocable letter of credit issued by a foreign bank, it shall be accompanied by a confirmation from a Universal or Commercial Bank; or
(i.2) a surety bond accompanied by a certification coming from an authorized Insurance Commission that a surety or insurance company is authorized to issue such instrument;
(ii) Project Requirements, which shall include the following:
(ii.1) Organizational chart for the contract to be bid;
(ii.2) List of contractor’s personnel (viz, project Manager, Project Engineers, Materials Engineers, and Foremen), to be assigned to the contract to be bid, with their complete qualification and experience data; and
(ii.3) List of contractor’s equipment units, which are owned, leased, and/or under purchase agreements, supported by certification of availability of equipment from the equipment lessor/vendor for the duration of the project; and
(iii) Sworn statement in accordance with Section 25.2(b)(iv) of the IRR of RA 9184 and using the form prescribed in Section IX. Bidding Forms.

May i suggest for an amendment to the above section to include the clause below;

(iv) Any other document required in the BDS.

Rationale: to include in the BDS, the Construction methods, construction schedule, equipment utilization schedule, PERT/CPM, and other Technical Requirements of the 1st Envelope.

13. Documents Comprising the Bid: Financial Component

13.1. Unless otherwise stated in the BDS, the financial component of the bid shall contain the following:
(a) Financial Bid Form in accordance with the form prescribed in Section IX. Bidding Forms; and
(b) Any other document required in the BDS.
13.2. Unless indicated in the BDS, all Bids that exceed the ABC shall not be accepted.

Part of Documents to be included in the Financial proposal under 13.1(b) are; summary sheets indicating the unit price of construction materials,labor rates, and equipment rentals, Cash flow, S-curves, charts, etc. etc.

I am raising these issues because these are crucial in evaluating the Bids and Variation Orders during contract implementation.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Content of 1st and 2nd Envelope for Infrastructure of the new PBD's

Post by marriola on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:19 pm

good pm ruel,
I guess this is provided in the GCC. kindly check on the GCC 31.1Within the time stated in the SCC, the Contractor shall submit to the Procuring Entity’s Representative for approval a Program of Work showing the general methods, arrangements, order, and timing for all the activities in the Works. With this provision, we require the winning bidder to submit duly approved Program of Work. Hope my guess is right. Gracias!
marriola

Male Number of posts : 23
Company/Agency : lgu zamboanga city
Occupation/Designation : bac member
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:56 pm

marriola wrote:good pm ruel,
I guess this is provided in the GCC. kindly check on the GCC 31.1Within the time stated in the SCC, the Contractor shall submit to the Procuring Entity’s Representative for approval a Program of Work showing the general methods, arrangements, order, and timing for all the activities in the Works. With this provision, we require the winning bidder to submit duly approved Program of Work. Hope my guess is right. Gracias!

yes, i read that in the GCC 31.1. If we shall follow the instruction of that Section, what is there left now to be evaluated by the BAC if it has to be provided by the Contractor after the award of the Contract? Remember that the BAC should evaluate the responsiveness of all Bids not on just adjustments/corrections of the amount of Bid but the methods of its construction,S-curves, Bar charts, PERT/CPM's, equipment shcedules, man-power schedules in consonance with the Program of Work prepared by the end-user/s prior to the determination of the LCRB.

I believed te GCC 31.1 speaks of the "as-stake" POW to be submitted by the Contractor after it alreaDY received the NTP and done necessary surveys, actual quantifications, updating of PERT/CPM's, S-Curves, etc etc.. Very Happy
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down