Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Yesterday at 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4


Re: Delegation of Authority

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Delegation of Authority

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:18 pm

Section 5(t) of the revised IRR of RA#9184 the HOPE for GOCCs Refers to: (i) xxxx; (ii) the governing board or its duly authorized official, for GOCCs, GFIs and SUCs; or (iii) xxxx: Provided, however, That in an agency, department, or office where the procurement is decentralized, the head of each decentralized unit shall be considered as the Head of the Procuring Entity, subject to the limitations and authority delegated by the head of the agency, department, or office.

If the GOCCs Governing Board partially delegated (subject to Limitation in section 5(t)iii) to the General Manager matters involving procurement, including the appointing of BAC chairman, and Head of the BAC secretariat of the agency.
example, The creating/organizing/appointing of the BAC chairman and members, likewise the creation of BAC Secretariat office etc.
My question/clarification. In section 11.2.2 and section 14.2 provides for the qualification and the required ranking for members of the BAC/BAC Secretariat. How will the ranking be applied? Since the Board partially delegated their authority to the General Manager will the ranking start with the Governing Board or the General Manager? (For purpose of complying the required ranking in section 11.2.2 and 14.2)TIA bounce
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Re: Delegation of Authority

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:26 am

sunriser431 wrote:Section 5(t) of the revised IRR of RA#9184 the HOPE for GOCCs Refers to: (i) xxxx; (ii) the governing board or its duly authorized official, for GOCCs, GFIs and SUCs; or (iii) xxxx: Provided, however, That in an agency, department, or office where the procurement is decentralized, the head of each decentralized unit shall be considered as the Head of the Procuring Entity, subject to the limitations and authority delegated by the head of the agency, department, or office.

If the GOCCs Governing Board partially delegated (subject to Limitation in section 5(t)iii) to the General Manager matters involving procurement, including the appointing of BAC chairman, and Head of the BAC secretariat of the agency.
example, The creating/organizing/appointing of the BAC chairman and members, likewise the creation of BAC Secretariat office etc.
My question/clarification. In section 11.2.2 and section 14.2 provides for the qualification and the required ranking for members of the BAC/BAC Secretariat. How will the ranking be applied? Since the Board partially delegated their authority to the General Manager will the ranking start with the Governing Board or the General Manager? (For purpose of complying the required ranking in section 11.2.2 and 14.2)TIA bounce

The ranking will not be affected by the delegation of authority. In terms of ranking, the Governing Board will still be Rank No. 1.

It is different, however, if procurement is decentralized. As provided, the head of each decentralized unit shall be considered as the HOPE and therefore will be Rank No. 1.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Re: Delegation of Authority

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:41 am

RDV wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:Section 5(t) of the revised IRR of RA#9184 the HOPE for GOCCs Refers to: (i) xxxx; (ii) the governing board or its duly authorized official, for GOCCs, GFIs and SUCs; or (iii) xxxx: Provided, however, That in an agency, department, or office where the procurement is decentralized, the head of each decentralized unit shall be considered as the Head of the Procuring Entity, subject to the limitations and authority delegated by the head of the agency, department, or office.

If the GOCCs Governing Board partially delegated (subject to Limitation in section 5(t)iii) to the General Manager matters involving procurement, including the appointing of BAC chairman, and Head of the BAC secretariat of the agency.
example, The creating/organizing/appointing of the BAC chairman and members, likewise the creation of BAC Secretariat office etc.
My question/clarification. In section 11.2.2 and section 14.2 provides for the qualification and the required ranking for members of the BAC/BAC Secretariat. How will the ranking be applied? Since the Board partially delegated their authority to the General Manager will the ranking start with the Governing Board or the General Manager? (For purpose of complying the required ranking in section 11.2.2 and 14.2)TIA bounce

The ranking will not be affected by the delegation of authority. In terms of ranking, the Governing Board will still be Rank No. 1.

It is different, however, if procurement is decentralized. As provided, the head of each decentralized unit shall be considered as the HOPE and therefore will be Rank No. 1.
Thanks Sir RDV for the reply.
For Purpose of Discussion/Clarification
If the Governing Board is not permanent plantilla personnel will the outcome still be same?
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Re: Delegation of Authority

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:56 am

sunriser431 wrote:
RDV wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:Section 5(t) of the revised IRR of RA#9184 the HOPE for GOCCs Refers to: (i) xxxx; (ii) the governing board or its duly authorized official, for GOCCs, GFIs and SUCs; or (iii) xxxx: Provided, however, That in an agency, department, or office where the procurement is decentralized, the head of each decentralized unit shall be considered as the Head of the Procuring Entity, subject to the limitations and authority delegated by the head of the agency, department, or office.

If the GOCCs Governing Board partially delegated (subject to Limitation in section 5(t)iii) to the General Manager matters involving procurement, including the appointing of BAC chairman, and Head of the BAC secretariat of the agency.
example, The creating/organizing/appointing of the BAC chairman and members, likewise the creation of BAC Secretariat office etc.
My question/clarification. In section 11.2.2 and section 14.2 provides for the qualification and the required ranking for members of the BAC/BAC Secretariat. How will the ranking be applied? Since the Board partially delegated their authority to the General Manager will the ranking start with the Governing Board or the General Manager? (For purpose of complying the required ranking in section 11.2.2 and 14.2)TIA bounce

The ranking will not be affected by the delegation of authority. In terms of ranking, the Governing Board will still be Rank No. 1.

It is different, however, if procurement is decentralized. As provided, the head of each decentralized unit shall be considered as the HOPE and therefore will be Rank No. 1.
Thanks Sir RDV for the reply.
For Purpose of Discussion/Clarification
If the Governing Board is not permanent plantilla personnel will the outcome still be same?

I think, if the governing Board has duly authorized the General Manager, then the latter becomes first in rank "permanent" personnel. The members of the board at nor normally permanent personnel.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Re: Delegation of Authority

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:19 am

I do still believe the Governing Board is more on Policy making, but with regards to daily operation of the agency it is best left with the General Manager. But there are situation in which the Governing Board, would encroach on the daily affairs and operation of the agency. This are unavoidable situation, specially if politics is involved.
Thanks Sir RDV for taking time here in this forum. Good luck and more power Smile
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Re: Delegation of Authority

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum