» No Objection Letter
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:15 pm by markshinoda

» Query about MOOE and Capital Outlay
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:31 pm by markshinoda

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:53 pm by markshinoda

» RE-SCHEDULED PRE-BID TO RE-SCHEDULING OF BID SUBMISSION
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:45 pm by markshinoda

» Purchase of Drugs and Medicines for MHO.
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:05 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OFFICE CABINET FOR MEO
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:32 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF SUPPLIES FOR MATERNAL CHILD CARE PROGRAM
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:16 pm by btorres4

Re: PBDs for Goods Section II ITB 29.4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PBDs for Goods Section II ITB 29.4

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:56 pm

Excerpt from the Revised PBDs for Procurement of Goods
29.4. If the BAC determines that the Bidder with the Lowest Calculated Bid passes all the criteria for post-qualification, it shall declare the said bid as the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bid, and recommend to the Head of the Procuring Entity the award of contract to the said Bidder at its submitted price or its calculated bid price, whichever is lower.

Excerpt from the Revised IRR of RA#9184
32.2.1. The BAC shall immediately conduct a detailed evaluation of all bids using nondiscretionary criteria in considering the following:
a.) xxxx
b) Arithmetical corrections. Consider computational errors, omissions, and other bid modifications, if allowed in the Bidding Documents, to enable proper comparison of all eligible bids. Any adjustment shall be calculated in monetary terms to determine the calculated prices.
32.2.2 xxxx
32.2.3 In case of discrepancies between: (a) bid prices in figures and in words, the latter shall prevail; (b) total price per item and unit price for the item as extended or multiplied by the quantity of that item, the latter shall prevail;(c)stated total price and the actual sum of prices of component items, the latter shall prevail; (d) unit cost in the detailed estimate and unit cost in the bill of quantities, the latter shall prevail.

My question. How do we reconcile the statement of ITB 29.4 (PBDs for Goods) with section 32.2.1, and 32.2.3 of the revised IRR of RA#9184? N.B. of the following statement award of contract to the said Bidder at its submitted price or its calculated bid price, whichever is lower.(emphasis supplied)
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Re: PBDs for Goods Section II ITB 29.4

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:48 pm

Upon reading the provisions, the ITB 29.4 pertains to the award of the contract to Lowest Calculated bidder based on the submitted price or calculated price.

Section 32.2.3 Bid Price w/ discrepancy but remedied by this section, and in turn is still the Submitted Bid price.

Section 32.2.1 Bid Price w/ discrepancy but not remedied by section 32.2.3 due to errors in computation and in turn will result to the Calculated Bid Price.

I hope you get my point and this is only my theory.

Last edited by WormaixJr on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : opps sorry po fe ^^ its supposed to be LCB)

Back to top Go down

Re: PBD for Goods Section II ITB 29.4

Post by fe a. araya on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:01 pm

Sec. 29.4 of the ITB clearly states that the award of contract to the bidder with the LCRB shall be at its submitted price, or its calculated bid price, whichever is lower, which I think is different from the statement of WormaixJr that " the award of the contract to the submitted bidder (?) based on the submitted price and calculated price." (Sorry).

My reading of this particular provision is, in instances where after the evaluation, the calculated bid price is different from the submitted bid price taking into consideration Sec. 32.2.1, 32.2.2 and 32.2.3 where completeness of the bid was considered and all arithmetical errors/ommissions were corrected, taxes were considered, discrepancies in figures and words, etc. were likewise considered. I think Sec. 29.4 gives us options to consider, when the calculated price is higher than the submitted price (or bid as read), the award shall be at its submitted price or when the submitted price is higher than the calculated price, the award shall be at its calculated price. The reason perhaps is that which is advantageous to the government.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:02 am

I believe that there is no question on the the PBD. The question lies on the definition of the Submitted Price and the Calculated Bid Price considering the Sections mentioned.

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:37 am

sunriser431 wrote:

My question. How do we reconcile the statement of ITB 29.4 (PBDs for Goods) with section 32.2.1, and 32.2.3 of the revised IRR of RA#9184? N.B. of the following statement award of contract to the said Bidder at its submitted price or its calculated bid price, whichever is lower.(emphasis supplied)
Mad

Sunriser, there is no inconsistency between the ITB and the IRR provision.

The ITB clause says:

"29.4. If the BAC determines that the Bidder with the Lowest Calculated Bid passes all the criteria for post-qualification, it shall declare the said bid as the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bid, and recommend to the Head of the Procuring Entity the award of contract to the said Bidder at its submitted price or its calculated bid price, whichever is lower."

On the other hand, the IRR says:

"34.4. If the BAC determines that the bidder with the Lowest Calculated Bid/Highest Rated Bid passes all the criteria for post-qualification, it shall declare the said bid as the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bid/Highest Rated Responsive Bid, and recommend to the Head of the Procuring Entity the award of contract to the said bidder at its submitted bid price or its calculated bid price, whichever is lower or, in the case of quality-based evaluation procedure, submitted bid price or its negotiated price, whichever is lower."
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Sec. II ITB 24.9 PBD on Goods

Post by fe a. araya on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:05 am

Well explained, Sir RDV. Thanks. I agree with you that there is no inconsistency both in the ITB and the IRR.

Last edited by fe a. araya on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:17 am

fe a. araya wrote:Well explained, Sir RDV. Thanks. I agree with you that there is no inconsistencies both in the ITB and the IRR.

Thank you, ms. fe a araya. Dios mabalos! Very Happy
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:42 am

Sir RDV

Huh? Are you also a Bicolano? Wow I'm glad to hear that, if ever.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:43 pm

fe a. araya wrote:Sir RDV

Huh? Are you also a Bicolano? Wow I'm glad to hear that, if ever.

Iyo baga. I am from Naga City.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:33 pm

RDV wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:

Mad

Sunriser, there is no inconsistency between the ITB and the IRR provision.

The ITB clause says:

"29.4. If the BAC determines that the Bidder with the Lowest Calculated Bid passes all the criteria for post-qualification, it shall declare the said bid as the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bid, and recommend to the Head of the Procuring Entity the award of contract to the said Bidder at its submitted price or its calculated bid price, whichever is lower."

On the other hand, the IRR says:

"34.4. If the BAC determines that the bidder with the Lowest Calculated Bid/Highest Rated Bid passes all the criteria for post-qualification, it shall declare the said bid as the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bid/Highest Rated Responsive Bid, and recommend to the Head of the Procuring Entity the award of contract to the said bidder at its submitted bid price or its calculated bid price, whichever is lower or, in the case of quality-based evaluation procedure, submitted bid price or its negotiated price, whichever is lower."
Sorry guys for my late reply. Anyway lets continue the discussion
For illustration purpose ITB 29.4 vis-a-vis IRR 32.2.1, 32.2.3 as originally posted
Case scenario 1 Sole Bidder A
The submitted bid price will be subjected to the condition/criteria of ITB 28.3, if found in compliance with the requirements then the BAC determines that the Bidder with the Lowest Calculated Bid passes all the criteria for post-qualification, it shall declare the said bid as the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bid, and recommend to the Head of the Procuring Entity the award of contract to the said Bidder at its submitted price.(no arithmetical correction)
Case scenario 2 Sole Bidder A
The submitted bid price will be subjected to the condition/criteria of ITB 28.3, if found not in compliance with the requirements then the BAC based on the detailed evaluation of the submitted bids, willl do the necessary adjustment to rectify those error.( as evaluated and corrected for computational errors, discounts and other modifications is now the Calculated bid price) Then the BAC determines that the Bidder with the Lowest Calculated Bid passes all the criteria for post-qualification, it shall declare the said bid as the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bid, and recommend to the Head of the Procuring Entity the award of contract to the said Bidder at its calculated bid prices.(with arithmetical correction)
Case scenario 3 Sole Bidder A
In combining case scenario 1 and 2 granted if same sole Bidder A, after taking all the necessary steps and consideration, the calculated bid price ( case scenario 2 ) is higher than the submitted price ( case scenario 1), the award will be made base on the submitted price (case scenario 1). I mentioned this to reconcile the statement in ITB 29.4 partially read xxxx award of contract to the said Bidder at its submitted price (scenario 1) or its calculated bid price (scenario 2 ), whichever is lower (emphasis supplied) (scenario 3 and 4)
Case scenario 4 Sole Bidder A
Is the opposite of case scenario 3, the award will be made to the calculated bid price, so to reconcile the statement in ITB 29.4 xxxx whichever is lower.(emphasis supplied)
What I am trying to impart is the statement in ITB 29.4 which read xxxx whichever is lower. From what i understand the award be made either the submited bid price or calculated bid price (case scenario 1 and 2 presented independently ). not the combination of the two and choose whichever is lower (case scenario 3 and 4 presented independently but with combination either case 1 or 2 ). so it will conform to the statement in ITB 29.4.? confused xxxxxx whichever is lower?
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:58 am

sunriser431 wrote:
Sorry guys for my late reply. Anyway lets continue the discussion
For illustration purpose ITB 29.4 vis-a-vis IRR 32.2.1, 32.2.3 as originally posted
Case scenario 1 Sole Bidder A
The submitted bid price will be subjected to the condition/criteria of ITB 28.3, if found in compliance with the requirements then the BAC determines that the Bidder with the Lowest Calculated Bid passes all the criteria for post-qualification, it shall declare the said bid as the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bid, and recommend to the Head of the Procuring Entity the award of contract to the said Bidder at its submitted price.(no arithmetical correction)
Case scenario 2 Sole Bidder A
The submitted bid price will be subjected to the condition/criteria of ITB 28.3, if found not in compliance with the requirements then the BAC based on the detailed evaluation of the submitted bids, willl do the necessary adjustment to rectify those error.( as evaluated and corrected for computational errors, discounts and other modifications is now the Calculated bid price) Then the BAC determines that the Bidder with the Lowest Calculated Bid passes all the criteria for post-qualification, it shall declare the said bid as the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bid, and recommend to the Head of the Procuring Entity the award of contract to the said Bidder at its calculated bid prices.(with arithmetical correction)
Case scenario 3 Sole Bidder A
In combining case scenario 1 and 2 granted if same sole Bidder A, after taking all the necessary steps and consideration, the calculated bid price ( case scenario 2 ) is higher than the submitted price ( case scenario 1), the award will be made base on the submitted price (case scenario 1). I mentioned this to reconcile the statement in ITB 29.4 partially read xxxx award of contract to the said Bidder at its submitted price (scenario 1) or its calculated bid price (scenario 2 ), whichever is lower (emphasis supplied) (scenario 3 and 4)
Case scenario 4 Sole Bidder A
Is the opposite of case scenario 3, the award will be made to the calculated bid price, so to reconcile the statement in ITB 29.4 xxxx whichever is lower.(emphasis supplied)
What I am trying to impart is the statement in ITB 29.4 which read xxxx whichever is lower. From what i understand the award be made either the submited bid price or calculated bid price (case scenario 1 and 2 presented independently ). not the combination of the two and choose whichever is lower (case scenario 3 and 4 presented independently but with combination either case 1 or 2 ). so it will conform to the statement in ITB 29.4.? confused xxxxxx whichever is lower?

Sorry din, sunriser, but I just could not understand your argument.

I think, the ITB clause and IRR provision are quite clear enough. The BAC has already determined the LCRB/HRRB or SCRB/SRRB (Single Calculated/Rated Responsive Bid) and is now ready to award the contract to him/her. The question is, at what contract price will the BAC recommend the award to the LCRB/HRRB or SCRB/SRRB?

The answer, from the ITB Clause and IRR provision, is that the BAC will recommend the award at his/her submitted price or the calculated price (in case there are minor arithmetical correction), whichever is lower. However, in the case of consulting services where the quality-based evaluation was used, the award will be made at the submitted bid price or negotiated bid price, again, whichever is lower.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

ITB 29.4 Goods

Post by fe a. araya on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:14 pm

For the second time, I agree with Sir RDV. The intent of both ITB (PBD) and the IRR is whichever is lower for as long as all the criteria in the bid evaluation have been met, that's why we use the term Lowest Calculated and Responsive Bid.

Am from Naga City also and a graduate of UNC. Hope to meet you, Sir.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:06 pm

fe a. araya wrote:For the second time, I agree with Sir RDV. The intent of both ITB (PBD) and the IRR is whichever is lower for as long as all the criteria in the bid evaluation have been met, that's why we use the term Lowest Calculated and Responsive Bid.

Am from Naga City also and a graduate of UNC. Hope to meet you, Sir.

Thank you, fe a. araya.

Good to know that you are a fellow alumnus of UNC. Very Happy
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:25 pm

IRR-A section 34.3 vis-avis- Revised IRR section 34.4
excerpt of IRR-A section 34.3 read
34.3.If the BAC determines that the bidder with the Lowest Calculated Bid/Highest Rated Bid passes all the criteria for post-qualification, it shall declare the said bidder as the bidder with the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bid or Highest Rated Responsive Bid, as the case may be, and the head of the procuring entity concerned shall award the contract to the said bidder.
excerpt of Revised IRR section 34.4 read
34.4. If the BAC determines that the bidder with the Lowest Calculated Bid/Highest Rated bid passes all the criteria for post-qualification, it shall declare the said bid as the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bid/Highest Rated Responsive Bid, and recommend to the Head of the Procuring Entity the award of contract to the said bidder at its submitted bid price or its calculated bid price, whichever is lower or, in the case of quality-based evaluation procedure, submitted bid price or its negotiated price, whichever is lower.(a)
In comparing the old IRR with the Revised IRR, the later statement (sec 34.4 bold underline txt) has been amended/updated, and easier for the BAC/TWG to follow the procedure in recommending to the HOPE for the award the contract. In the previous procedure for evaluation of bids, we normally follow the procedure as presented in case scenario 1 or 2 presented independently. However with the revised IRR (section 34.4), case scenario 3 or 4 can now be taken into consideration. For all of you guys, Thanks for taking time in my question/clarifications. More power and Happy weekends. I love you
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:01 am

sunriser431 wrote:IRR-A section 34.3 vis-avis- Revised IRR section 34.4
34.3.If the BAC determines that the bidder with the Lowest Calculated Bid/Highest Rated Bid passes all the criteria for post-qualification, it shall declare the said bidder as the bidder with the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bid or Highest Rated Responsive Bid, as the case may be, and the head of the procuring entity concerned shall award the contract to the said bidder.
34.4. If the BAC determines that the bidder with the Lowest Calculated Bid/Highest Rated bid passes all the criteria for post-qualification, it shall declare the said bid as the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bid/Highest Rated Responsive Bid, and recommend to the Head of the Procuring Entity the award of contract to the said bidder at its submitted bid price or its calculated bid price, whichever is lower or, in the case of quality-based evaluation procedure, submitted bid price or its negotiated price, whichever is lower.(a)
In comparing the old IRR with the Revised IRR, the later statement (sec 34.4 bold underline txt) has been amended/updated, and easier for the BAC/TWG to follow the procedure in recommending to the HOPE for the award the contract. In the previous procedure for evaluation of bids, we normally follow the procedure as presented in case scenario 1 or 2 presented independently. However with the revised IRR (section 34.4), case scenario 3 or 4 can now be taken into consideration. For all of you guys, Thanks for taking time in my question/clarifications. More power and Happy weekends. I love you

Sunriser, there is no change in the rules for the calculation and award between IRR-A and the revised IRR.

There were changes in the sectioning and some of the wordings, but the rule is still the same: The award of contract shall be made to the LCRB/HRRB at its submitted bid price or its calculated bid price, whichever is lower or, in the case of quality-based evaluation procedure, submitted bid price or its negotiated price, whichever is lower.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:15 pm

RDV wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:IRR-A section 34.3 vis-avis- Revised IRR section 34.4

Sunriser, there is no change in the rules for the calculation and award between IRR-A and the revised IRR.

There were changes in the sectioning and some of the wordings, but the rule is still the same: The award of contract shall be made to the LCRB/HRRB at its submitted bid price or its calculated bid price, whichever is lower or, in the case of quality-based evaluation procedure, submitted bid price or its negotiated price, whichever is lower.
Thanks Sir RDV,for reminding.well taken bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content