Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Track Record VS. Years of Experience

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:27 pm

cherry hoooorrrraaaayyyyy!

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:30 pm

WormaixJr wrote:cherry hoooorrrraaaayyyyy!

oooppss tama na baka ma admin tayo dito. heh.he.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by orlan747 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:49 pm

WormaixJr wrote:1. Yes. Small A may join contracts w/ 7.5M ABC and small B may join contracts w/ 250K.

2. Yes and Yes

Under 23.5.2.5. x x xProvided, however, That contractors under Small A and Small B categories without similar experience on the contract to be bid may be allowed to bid if the cost of such contract is not more than fifty percent (50%) of the Allowable Range of Contract Cost (ARCC) of their registration based on the guidelines as prescribed by the PCAB.

Base on my opinion.

Hmmm... Sorry sir WormaixJr.. it is the other way around.. Small B up to 7.5M, and Small A up to 250K. Yeah, I know it is confusing but PCAB's categorizations put Bs in a higher category than the As.
orlan747
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 93
Company/Agency : Golden OCS Construction
Occupation/Designation : Manager
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by orlan747 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:51 pm

WOWWW.. I am learning a lot from this volleyball exchange of ideas..

I love this forum!!!
orlan747
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by orlan747 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:55 pm

RDV wrote:

Your take is quite different because the procuring entity is actually requiring a minimum experience of 7 years. Although you said that is not allowed in the PBDs, given that the procuring entity (if the funding source is the GOP) is not actually allowed to set a minimum experience requirement. I consider that very dangerous. Imagine, a bidder without experience being able to participate and be eligible to construct a P33M project. Aside from the money involve, lives may be at stake here and we are saying that inexperienced contractors can participate and be awarded a contract, because of the principle of competitiveness.

Uhmmm.. forgive me sir RDV, but you see only Small As and Small Bs may be allowed to participate in the procurement process for infra projects without similar completed projects provided however that the project cost is not more than 50% of their allowable range of contract, that is, 7.5M for Small Bs and 250K for Small As. It follows therefore that, only Medium As and up are allowed to participate in a 33M projects.
orlan747
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by orlan747 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:19 pm

amang1965 wrote:wow! what can i say? ako nagtatanong na lang. please lang help me. heeelp.

with regards to the pinaka first na post ni orlan, because i am very much bothered with difference between the statement of orlan "With at least 7 years experience in similar projects" and the provision "23.5.2.5. The prospective bidder must have an experience of having completed, within a period of ten (10) years. because when we say at least 7 years in experience, does it mean that a contractor with 1,2,3,4,5,6 years in experience will not qualify to the project mentioned by orlan? whereas when we say within a period of 10 years experience, will a contractor having an experience from 1,2,3,4,5,6 be qualified already? (siguro si jhez patawatawa na lang, heh.he.he.)

Yes yes yo!!! Nadale nyo po Miss Amang!! Yeah, what the PE required is at least SEVEN YEARS EXPERIENCE in the design and construction of a Sanitary Landfill. Therefore, if you have completed even three sanitary landfills since 2004, you are not eligible to participate in this particular project. You would only have at most six years experience, kaya isnab ka. On the other hand if you have had completed ONE sanitary landfill before 2004 you will still not qualify. Iisa lang kasi e. The procuring entity specified TWO completed and operational landfills. So you see, to be eligible you must have completed at least one sanitary landfill between 2000 and 2003, and at least another one in the recent years.
orlan747
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by orlan747 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:53 pm

engrjhez wrote:

Finally, I am to the view that the GPPB should define "experience" differently for infra. Experience and competitiveness should equally be considered especially on infrastructure projects. True that too much experience criteria loses competitiveness. But too much competitiveness allowing less experience is likewise dangerous. Consider entrusting the construction of your dream house to:

• A contractor with an experience ...; or
  • A contractor with "n" years of experience

I bet we all choose No.2. Very Happy

Sleep

Bakas ako diyan sir Engrjhez, I also bet most of us will choose No. 2. It is OUR dream house, and it is OUR money. So what if the more experienced contractor charges us a couple of hundred thousand more? As I said it is our money and our dream house!!!

Sadly however, we are talking about a government project. Being a government project, RA9184 applies. The Act said "an" not "n", so "an" it should be. Smile
orlan747
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 am

Okay, well noted. I would like to leave this by quoting my favorite quote as first delivered by Atty.Shobe in this forum:
Under the rules on statutory construction:
Intent of law paramount; too literal interpretation discouraged.
The spirit, rather than the letter of a law determines its construction; hence, a statute must be read according to its spirit and intent. The too literal interpretation of the law leads to absurdity which the Court cannot countenance. A too-literal reading of the law constrict rather than fulfill its purpose and defeat the intention of its authors. That intention is usually found not in ‘the letter that killeth but in the spirit that vivifieth’.

Sana, we do not lose the intentions of the law by looking on different perspectives.

Good morning to all! Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:12 am

orlan747 wrote:
WormaixJr wrote:1. Yes. Small A may join contracts w/ 7.5M ABC and small B may join contracts w/ 250K.

2. Yes and Yes

Under 23.5.2.5. x x xProvided, however, That contractors under Small A and Small B categories without similar experience on the contract to be bid may be allowed to bid if the cost of such contract is not more than fifty percent (50%) of the Allowable Range of Contract Cost (ARCC) of their registration based on the guidelines as prescribed by the PCAB.

Base on my opinion.

Hmmm... Sorry sir WormaixJr.. it is the other way around.. Small B up to 7.5M, and Small A up to 250K. Yeah, I know it is confusing but PCAB's categorizations put Bs in a higher category than the As.

Ay baliktag nga Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top