PURCHASE ORDER (PO) OR CONTRACT?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PURCHASE ORDER (PO) OR CONTRACT?

Post by joyie on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:35 pm

Good day to all!

My question is this: Is a contract agreement still need to be prepared or a Purchase Order (PO) itself can be a contract if the Procuring Entity conducted a competitive bidding for procurement of hospital equipment? Question

I asked this because in our case, all the bidders who joined the bidding for the said project has no CONTRACT presented to the BAC because they told us that the PO itself is a form of contract. It was stated in the sample form for goods (Statement of all Govt. & Private Contracts completed which are similar in nature) which we have downloaded from GPPB website and are still using because the GPPB hasn't uploaded yet the revised sample forms, hence, this form shall be supported with (1)Contract, (2) Certificate of Completion, and (3) Certificate of Acceptance. All the bidders who joined the bidding only submitted the Purchase Order issued to them by a government agency or a private firm instead of a contract due to the reason stated above. However, they have attached the Notice of Award for that particular project.

I hope you could give your comments or suggestions regarding this. We would be glad to hear your reactions on this. Razz

Thank you and God bless... Laughing
joyie
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 58
Company/Agency : OP
Occupation/Designation : BAC Sectretariat/Asst. Info. Tech. Administrator (AITA)
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: PURCHASE ORDER (PO) OR CONTRACT?

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:41 pm

joy_ONP wrote:Good day to all!

My question is this: Is a contract agreement still need to be prepared or a Purchase Order (PO) itself can be a contract if the Procuring Entity conducted a competitive bidding for procurement of hospital equipment? Question

I asked this because in our case, all the bidders who joined the bidding for the said project has no CONTRACT presented to the BAC because they told us that the PO itself is a form of contract. It was stated in the sample form for goods (Statement of all Govt. & Private Contracts completed which are similar in nature) which we have downloaded from GPPB website and are still using because the GPPB hasn't uploaded yet the revised sample forms, hence, this form shall be supported with (1)Contract, (2) Certificate of Completion, and (3) Certificate of Acceptance. All the bidders who joined the bidding only submitted the Purchase Order issued to them by a government agency or a private firm instead of a contract due to the reason stated above. However, they have attached the Notice of Award for that particular project.

I hope you could give your comments or suggestions regarding this. We would be glad to hear your reactions on this. Razz

Thank you and God bless... Laughing

Please read sections 37.1.4 (c) and Section 37.2.3.

Contract is a must in a competitive bidding.

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:41 pm

There was already an elaborate discussion of the same query first opened last January 2009. Click here.

Just please take note of the coverage of the IRR-A and the Revised IRR (although it will not matter anyway). Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by kquits25 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:21 pm

i have also concerns re job order.. what method are we going to use in making a BAC resolution if an LGU is going to hire an electrician to fix the lights etc? please I need an immediate help on the matter. thanks

kquits25

Female Number of posts : 5
Company/Agency : dolores catv
Occupation/Designation : government employee
Registration date : 2015-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top