Amendment(s) to Prebid Conference Agreements

Go down

Amendment(s) to Prebid Conference Agreements

Post by Tess on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:55 pm

Good afternoon. i am a bac secretariat, and a new member in the forum. i don't know if i am in the position to post this query, but for personal satisfaction, am doing it anyway.

Sir, our BAC just concluded with the opening of sealed bids for the supply and delivery of sports uniforms. the circumstances goes - - - during the prebid conference, pertinent and relevant matters were taken up, issues were raised and resolved, possible scenarios were anticipated and therefore, possible solutions were suggested. all points were cleared, and matters that are not covered by the bidding documents were posted in the geps and conspicuous spaces in the office. among the matters put in a supplemental bid bulletin is the submission of sample (model) uniforms 6 days before the bid opening. 3 prospective bidders submitted on the required date. however, this morning, before the formal opening of sealed bids, the samples were scrutinized if conforming with designs, material and colors. there are so many deviations though. Can the bac, as a matter of new policy, require the lcb to submit final samples before post qualification and mass production? and such will form part of the post qualification/evaluation report? is this a valid act?
Tess

Female Number of posts : 11
Company/Agency : DepED
Occupation/Designation : EPS 1-BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Amendment(s) to Prebid Conference Agreements

Post by riddler on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:11 pm

Tess wrote:Good afternoon. i am a bac secretariat, and a new member in the forum. i don't know if i am in the position to post this query, but for personal satisfaction, am doing it anyway.

Sir, our BAC just concluded with the opening of sealed bids for the supply and delivery of sports uniforms. the circumstances goes - - - during the prebid conference, pertinent and relevant matters were taken up, issues were raised and resolved, possible scenarios were anticipated and therefore, possible solutions were suggested. all points were cleared, and matters that are not covered by the bidding documents were posted in the geps and conspicuous spaces in the office. among the matters put in a supplemental bid bulletin is the submission of sample (model) uniforms 6 days before the bid opening. 3 prospective bidders submitted on the required date. however, this morning, before the formal opening of sealed bids, the samples were scrutinized if conforming with designs, material and colors. there are so many deviations though. Can the bac, as a matter of new policy, require the lcb to submit final samples before post qualification and mass production? and such will form part of the post qualification/evaluation report? is this a valid act?

If I am the BAC, i would outrightly declare those Bidder/s not confromiing with the Specification as "Non-Compliant" thus, these bidder/s 1st envelopes fails to that particular requirement and eventually shall be declared as "Fail". Very Happy

Tess, I would suggest that your procuring entity shall make your own specification or features of the uniforms, e.g. 100% cotton, color, sizes, thread to use, and others... Although your BAC allowed them to bring samples during the Pre-Bid Conference, the sample you chose during the pre-bid shall be the basis of the prospective bidders to be used during the submission of their Bid, otherwise they should be declared as "failed".
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down