Re: EO# 888 dated March 18, 1983

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: EO# 888 dated March 18, 1983

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:16 pm

excerpt from the EO# 888 dated March 18, 1983
Section 3 Duties of the Disposal Committee. xxxx
1) xxxx
2) xxxx
4) Conduct public bidding for the sale of the disposable property on an “AS IS,” “WHERE IS” basis and to recommend corresponding award;
For purpose of discussion
My question is it possible to adopt the procedure/guidelines in the revised IRR of RA 9184? in the conduct of Public bidding for the disposal of government property. any inputs from forum members are welcome. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Re: EO# 888 dated March 18, 1983

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:30 pm

No. public auction is covered by The rules on disposal of government property COA Circular 89-296.

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:42 pm

WormaixJr wrote:No. public auction is covered by The rules on disposal of government property COA Circular 89-296.
I have read this COA circular besides there is latest manual on Disposal of Government property issued by DBM unfortunately I cannot get hard copy. bounce
N.B. but the publication is required even for public auction. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:57 pm

to share our experience here way up north, we have a Disposal Committee that inspects, appraise unserviceable equipment/property for disposal (actually i am a member again of this committee). based on the inventory report and recommendation of the property custodian we conduct the inspection and appraisal and then we have our report approved by the HOPE and eventually indorse these report to the BAC for public auction. the BAC now will be incharge of the bidding/public auction - as to its procedure for the bidding it may be somewhat similar to the procurement procedures except for the PHILGEPS posting.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:00 pm

You have already answered your own question. disposal of government property is governed by other provisions of the law other than the RA 9184, therefore it is not valid if such disposal of government property will be done using the procedures of the RA9184.

Manual on Disposal of Government

Manual part I
http://www.dbm.gov.ph/dbm_publications/disposal_of_govt_prop/manual_disposal_of_govt_prop_A.html

Manual part II
http://www.dbm.gov.ph/dbm_publications/disposal_of_govt_prop/manual_disposal_of_govt_prop_B.html

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:58 pm

1992 pa po itong manual na ito, hindi pa ako ipinanganak, may bagong manual ng disposal po. but more or less pareho pa rin and procedures but except for the composition of committee.

and besides to make myself clear, procurement bidding procedures may be followed in the biddding out of unserviceable property/eqipment and not the procurement bidding provisions definitely the provisions under RA9184 does not apply to disposal activities.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:35 pm

amang1965 wrote:1992 pa po itong manual na ito, hindi pa ako ipinanganak, may bagong manual ng disposal po. but more or less pareho pa rin and procedures but except for the composition of committee.

and besides to make myself clear, procurement bidding procedures may be followed in the biddding out of unserviceable property/eqipment and not the procurement bidding provisions definitely the provisions under RA9184 does not apply to disposal activities.
In reference to the underline text, agree, In my first post on this topic I ask, is it possible to adopt the procedure in the conduct of the public bidding xxxx?. actually our agency have pending public auction for disposal of government property. But this was delegated to the Procurement and supply Department to do the Public auction and other related task (e.g. advertisement in newspaper). amang1965 may I ask if you have the latest manual on disposal of government property besides the 1992. please bear with us, kung makulit kami dito way downsouth, medyo malayo sa balita bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:30 am

Hindi ko pa kasi nababasa ung bagong manual.

Ang procedures ng public bidding is based sa provisions ng batas and maybe the same with the procedures of the public auction kaya I say no, you cannot use the procedures of public bidding in a public auction kasi baka magkaroon ng invlidity ung public auction sa procedures kasi hindi nasunod ung procedures ng public auction based sa provisions of law grating such process.
(Imagination ko lang to based sa procedures ng public bidding)

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:52 am

I think or maybe amang1965 is refering to the Property and Supply Management system issued by COA way back 2003, bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:45 am

Good Day.....
For LGUs it is the function of the Committee on Award through the General Services Officer to facilitate the PUlbic Auction for disposal of unserviceable items, same with amang1965 we basically follow the rules of COA Circular 92-386, RA 7160 and other issuances on property and supply management . please visit the yahoo group of PAGSO_2003 for more information on this particular topic.... we have numerous sharing on that part....
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:34 pm

sunriser431:
there was this seminar on appraisal and disposal of unserviceable properties that we attended sometime in 2005, which was facilitated by COA-CO and they handed us a handbook but i cannot find my copy anyways ill try to look for it and let you know as soon as i find it. this handbook is different to what wormaixJr linked us to, but more or less pareho pa rin ang mga procedure, but except for the composition ng committee, kasi ngayon the disposal committe is within the agency already and not inter-agency as stated in the old manual.

junior:
when i said procedures, it is the step-by-step activity in the conduct of disposal, just like for procurement public bidding, we need to:
1. publish
2. accept bid proposals
3. evalaute bid proposals
4. award, etc.
so more or less pareho and procedure, but for the provisions gaya ng mga iba't ibang sections, articles, rule definitely it does not apply.

Last edited by amang1965 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:41 pm

amang1965 wrote:sunriser431:
there was this seminar on appraisal and disposal of unserviceable properties that we attended sometime in 2005, which was facilitated by COA-CO and they handed us a handbook but i cannot find my copy anyways ill try to look for it and let you know as soon as i find it. this handbook is different to what wormaixJr linked us to, but more or less pareho pa rin ang mga procedure, but except for the composition ng committee, kasi ngayon the disposal committe is within the agency already and inter-agency as stated in the old manual.

junior:
when i said procedures, it is the step-by-step activity in the conduct of disposal, just like for procurement public bidding, we need to:
1. publish
2. accept bid proposals
3. evalaute bid proposals
4. award, etc.
so more or less pareho and procedure, but for the provisions gaya ng mga iba't ibang sections, articles, rule definitely it does not apply.

opo kahit na parehas lang ang procedure nila I still answer no sa question.
Procedure is governed by different laws, kahit na identical sila the nature itself prohibits it dahil magkaiba ung nature ng activity, one is procurement ung isa disposal.

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:48 pm

ako din NO ang sagot ko sa question ni sunriser, kasi we cannot use RA9184 for disposal of property. kaya lang magkamukha ang mga procedures nila, di ba?
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:19 pm

Guys, What I'm trying to say, is the activity or the order/process by which the Public auction is being conducted. example first there has to be Advertisement etc. until the award is made. To amang, I was able to borrow the Property manual from COA. Thanks for sharing.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:39 am

sunriser431 wrote:Guys, What I'm trying to say, is the activity or the order/process by which the Public auction is being conducted. example first there has to be Advertisement etc. until the award is made. To amang, I was able to borrow the Property manual from COA. Thanks for sharing.

kung parehas siguro ung provisions regarding the procedure (identical) no question about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Good day....
COA-PTAFF have conceived several manuals and it is so informative I guess that is basically what amang have also?
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content