re: Prccurement Officer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

re: Prccurement Officer

Post by mbdr on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:13 pm

GDPM to all!

Who is the procurement officer in the lgu? Is it hte GSD Officer or the BAC Chairman?

Thank you....

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 84
Age : 49
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Govt. Employee/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:30 pm

define procurement officer?

BAC conducts all procurement.

Pls. expound on issues you want to raise.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:35 pm

mbdr wrote:GDPM to all!

Who is the procurement officer in the lgu? Is it hte GSD Officer or the BAC Chairman?

Thank you....
Have you tried reading RA#7160 TITLE VI. - Property and Supply Management in the LGUs, and NPM 048-2004 issued by GPPB for your perusal. bounce click this link http://www.gppb.gov.ph/opinions/view_opinion.asp?o_id=221
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by mbdr on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:03 pm

gd pM WormaixJr!

This is relation to the Request form Quotation (RFQ) form found in the Sample of Standard Froms Manual. I noted that said form is to be signed by the procurement officer (as presented in the manual) Our pactice here is the RFQ is signed by the GSD Officer. Is it okey sir? Is it not the BAC Chairman who is authorized to sign said form considering that procurement activities are tasked to BAC?

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 84
Age : 49
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Govt. Employee/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:17 pm

mbdr wrote:gd pM WormaixJr!

This is relation to the Request form Quotation (RFQ) form found in the Sample of Standard Froms Manual. I noted that said form is to be signed by the procurement officer (as presented in the manual) Our pactice here is the RFQ is signed by the GSD Officer. Is it okey sir? Is it not the BAC Chairman who is authorized to sign said form considering that procurement activities are tasked to BAC?
May I share opinion on this issues, The RFQ is just a sample forms, for us GOCCs, this document have been revised to suite our needs, as to your query, much better if this document (RFQ) is signed by the BAC chairman, so any clarification on the Bids can be directed to the BAC. For us, this document is signed by the BAC Chairman. bounce
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:02 pm

sunriser431 wrote:
mbdr wrote:gd pM WormaixJr!

This is relation to the Request form Quotation (RFQ) form found in the Sample of Standard Froms Manual. I noted that said form is to be signed by the procurement officer (as presented in the manual) Our pactice here is the RFQ is signed by the GSD Officer. Is it okey sir? Is it not the BAC Chairman who is authorized to sign said form considering that procurement activities are tasked to BAC?
May I share opinion on this issues, The RFQ is just a sample forms, for us GOCCs, this document have been revised to suite our needs, as to your query, much better if this document (RFQ) is signed by the BAC chairman, so any clarification on the Bids can be directed to the BAC. For us, this document is signed by the BAC Chairman. bounce

I agree Embarassed

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by mbdr on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Thank you mam , sirs! I also agree with your opinion. I will share this to our BAC.ty.. Very Happy

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 84
Age : 49
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Govt. Employee/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:47 pm

mbdr wrote:Thank you mam , sirs! I also agree with your opinion. I will share this to our BAC.ty.. Very Happy
Likewise mbdr. Hopefully no violent reactions from BAC. Very Happy Peace
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by riddler on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:29 pm

mbdr wrote:Thank you mam , sirs! I also agree with your opinion. I will share this to our BAC.ty.. Very Happy

i have an interesting discussion today with our GSO which also a BAC member, with regards to the functions of its department vis-a-vis the procurement process. Hopefully, our New City Hall building shall be completed next month. In the course of our discussion, she suggested that a separate office for the BAC/BAC Secretariat shall be provided by the time we transfer to our new office.. i told her that if we will do that, the GSD office would practically become a "ghost town" because most of its presonnel are functioning a BAC related activities. Unfortunately our Local GSO does not like to be the HEad of the BAC Secretariat

well, the "meat of the matter" is this Smile , the GSO should be mandated by the IRR (again) to be the Head of the BAC Secretariat to functionally remain as a Department in the case of the LGU. I have been a rabid advocate of this scenario eversince. i regret to hurt the feelings of my "colleagues Question ' out there, but a separate BAC Secretariat for LGU may not be financially economical since we already have a GSD that was functioning before as a BAC Secretariat under Local Code of the Philippines.
avatar
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:58 pm

ruel wrote:
mbdr wrote:Thank you mam , sirs! I also agree with your opinion. I will share this to our BAC.ty.. Very Happy

i have an interesting discussion today with our GSO which also a BAC member, with regards to the functions of its department vis-a-vis the procurement process. Hopefully, our New City Hall building shall be completed next month. In the course of our discussion, she suggested that a separate office for the BAC/BAC Secretariat shall be provided by the time we transfer to our new office.. i told her that if we will do that, the GSD office would practically become a "ghost town" because most of its presonnel are functioning a BAC related activities. Unfortunately our Local GSO does not like to be the HEad of the BAC Secretariat

well, the "meat of the matter" is this Smile , the GSO should be mandated by the IRR (again) to be the Head of the BAC Secretariat to functionally remain as a Department in the case of the LGU. I have been a rabid advocate of this scenario eversince. i regret to hurt the feelings of my "colleagues Question ' out there, but a separate BAC Secretariat for LGU may not be financially economical since we already have a GSD that was functioning before as a BAC Secretariat under Local Code of the Philippines.
Hi Ruel, busy this past few days? For those affected colleagues enjoying in their "comfort zone" do you think will they be happy about it? lol! (no offense intended). Peace
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by riddler on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:20 pm

sunriser431 wrote:
Hi Ruel, busy this past few days? For those affected colleagues enjoying in their "comfort zone" do you think will they be happy about it? lol! (no offense intended). Peace

yep, i am busy! 'just stickin' around sunriser.. its good that charlie brown is on the "forum train" who hails from GOCC like you, yeoh! welcome to the forum man! Very Happy
avatar
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by mbdr on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Parang wala, i just dont know sa GSD Officer namin who used to sign the subject document.

mbdr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 84
Age : 49
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Govt. Employee/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by charlie brown on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:39 pm

thank you ruel. participating in this forum is a good mental exercise and we get to be exposed to other points of view Smile
avatar
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 218
Company/Agency : national government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Chair
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:29 pm

Hehe, ayaw talaga ng GSO maging automatic Head ng BAC Secretariat kasi unfair daw sa ibang dept.heads na may honoraria!

Unfortunately, I am one that agree with ruel on that advocacy. Solution: make the Asst.GSO as the Head of the Secretariat!

...or make me one kasi sa akin ok lang (haha! Very Happy)
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:59 pm

engrjhez wrote:Hehe, ayaw talaga ng GSO maging automatic Head ng BAC Secretariat kasi unfair daw sa ibang dept.heads na may honoraria!

Unfortunately, I am one that agree with ruel on that advocacy. Solution: make the Asst.GSO as the Head of the Secretariat!

...or make me one kasi sa akin ok lang (haha! Very Happy)
count me in Engrjhez, me too dont collect any honoraria, but sharing my knowledge and experience here in this forum is enough for me, the enjoyment and satisfaction I get, can never equate it into monetary value and the service to the public.Time to Sleep
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:02 am

sunriser431 wrote:
count me in Engrjhez, me too dont collect any honoraria, but sharing my knowledge and experience here in this forum is enough for me, the enjoyment and satisfaction I get, can never equate it into monetary value and the service to the public.Time to Sleep

Haha, sige sleep na kayo, it's time for me to wake up na. Rolling Eyes
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by Mikel on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:29 pm

i think there has been a discussion on this forum which is somewhat helpful in the issue raised herein, the topic BAC Sec after the IRR if i am correct.

Mikel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 72
Company/Agency : Gobyerno ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Empleyado
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by msm326 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Good day.....
I know that the forum is to exchange views and opinions regarding issues/concerns , may we reminded that part of the climate change adaptation is towards green procurement. As BAC Sec , TWG or member we must be vigilant on this particular aspects as end users/inspectors or even as concerned public servant.
Some LGUs have the GSOs as the procurement officer or the BAC Sec Chair, what is important is that HOPE supports the task being assigned to each one of us.
msm326 Very Happy
avatar
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:55 pm

Mikel wrote:i think there has been a discussion on this forum which is somewhat helpful in the issue raised herein, the topic BAC Sec after the IRR if i am correct.

Yes there is, and I posted that one here.

There are actually many similar discussions of that. Some of those are in following links:
1. BAC Secretariat as a Separate Office/Unit
2. GSO A MEMBER AS WELL AS THE BAC SECRETARIAT FOR GOODS
3. BAC SECRETARIAT

...and a Poll/Survey on GSO/GSD as Head of the Secretariat entitled "Do you Agree that the GSO/Procuring Unit of the LGU as BAC Secretariat will be specifically mention is ever there will be Amendments?"
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by amang'65 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:55 am

engrjhez wrote:
Mikel wrote:i think there has been a discussion on this forum which is somewhat helpful in the issue raised herein, the topic BAC Sec after the IRR if i am correct.

Yes there is, and I posted that one here.

There are actually many similar discussions of that. Some of those are in following links:
1. BAC Secretariat as a Separate Office/Unit
2. GSO A MEMBER AS WELL AS THE BAC SECRETARIAT FOR GOODS
3. BAC SECRETARIAT

...and a Poll/Survey on GSO/GSD as Head of the Secretariat entitled "Do you Agree that the GSO/Procuring Unit of the LGU as BAC Secretariat will be specifically mention is ever there will be Amendments?"


Jhez,

with all these discussions you linked us to, were you then satisfied with the opinion of forum members?
avatar
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:35 am

amang1965 wrote:
Jhez,

with all these discussions you linked us to, were you then satisfied with the opinion of forum members?

Which one? There are some slightly different views from each other. Majority agree that the GSO of an LGU be designated as the BAC Secretariat with its head as the Head of Secretariat. Some thought of having dual functions (BAC member and BAC Secretariat) which I thought recently that might be a good "deal" for GSO to agree with the idea. (Kasi nga baka pag GSO as BAC Sec eh tanggihan at sabihing BAC member na lang sya, ehehehe).

In the end, simplification and efficiency by combining two different units acting similar with function is not a very bad proposition after all. But generally speaking, I am well satisfied.

I would like to point out however, that I have no detrimental intention or whatsoever with this idea to incumbent GSOs. This is just pure suggestion, nothing more. Very Happy
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by amang'65 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:01 pm

well actually i agree with your suggestion that the GSO should concurrent be the BAC sec, the reason why i ask this is becuase in some organizational structure the supply & property or procurement office is under the GSO, hence it is just proper that the procurement office being under the GSO may be assigned as the BAC sec. in like manner is also an organic unit/office. however, if there are no procurement unit/office under the GSO, still the GSO may be designated as the BAC sec upon of course designation by the HOPE, since procurement activities/matters are functions lodged in the GSO. Moreover, on the issue that the GSO may make tanggi on the designation because he/she may not be qualified to an honorarium, i dont think so, he/she may be qualified to an honorarium because not all of the BAC secs function as stipulated in the RA are inherent functions of the GSO (eg. taking down of minutes, posting in the GEPS etc.) therefore being the BAC sec is an additional function to his/her current functions, hence he/she is qualified to an honorarium, so it is a matter of strong justifications that some functions of the BAC sec are not inherent functions of the GSO. that is i think the idea why honorarium are granted - is because of these additional functions.
avatar
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:07 am

amang1965 wrote:well actually i agree with your suggestion that the GSO should concurrent be the BAC sec, the reason why i ask this is becuase in some organizational structure the supply & property or procurement office is under the GSO, hence it is just proper that the procurement office being under the GSO may be assigned as the BAC sec. in like manner is also an organic unit/office. however, if there are no procurement unit/office under the GSO, still the GSO may be designated as the BAC sec upon of course designation by the HOPE, since procurement activities/matters are functions lodged in the GSO. Moreover, on the issue that the GSO may make tanggi on the designation because he/she may not be qualified to an honorarium, i dont think so, he/she may be qualified to an honorarium because not all of the BAC secs function as stipulated in the RA are inherent functions of the GSO (eg. taking down of minutes, posting in the GEPS etc.) therefore being the BAC sec is an additional function to his/her current functions, hence he/she is qualified to an honorarium, so it is a matter of strong justifications that some functions of the BAC sec are not inherent functions of the GSO. that is i think the idea why honorarium are granted - is because of these additional functions.
Hopefully our finance people would understand our situation, inspite of our justifications and repeated request it felled on deaf ears, their justification on this statement taken from the guidelines on granting of honorarium issued by DBM. (BC 2004-5A)
5. Guidelines
5.6"The members of the BAC Secretariat whose positions are in the Procurement Unit of the agency shall not be entitled to honoraria. The payment of overtime services may be allowed, subject to existing policy on the matter."

anyway I'll be waving goodbye as Head of the BAC secretariat, Hopefully, who ever will replace me, I' ll wish him/her all the best, as engrjhez have said before welcome to hell lol! (no offense intended).Peace
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by amang'65 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:01 am

well i guess it actually depends on whose ears this justification we make may fall, because in our case here way up north, our GSO is likewise designated as the BAC sec head and he was granted honorarium, as of this point in time sa awa ng Dios wala pa namang disallowances. i think the thing here is, the GSO does not only handle procurement and his position is under the Administrative Div. therefore being a BAC sec is an additional function and he is entitled to horarium. i think the staff under the supply/property or procurement unt are those who are not entitled to honorarium, which in some organizatinal structure is under the GSO. well anyways case to case lang talaga, and good luck to your probably new assignment, sunriser.
avatar
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:50 pm

amang1965 wrote:well i guess it actually depends on whose ears this justification we make may fall, because in our case here way up north, our GSO is likewise designated as the BAC sec head and he was granted honorarium, as of this point in time sa awa ng Dios wala pa namang disallowances. i think the thing here is, the GSO does not only handle procurement and his position is under the Administrative Div. therefore being a BAC sec is an additional function and he is entitled to horarium. i think the staff under the supply/property or procurement unt are those who are not entitled to honorarium, which in some organizatinal structure is under the GSO. well anyways case to case lang talaga, and good luck to your probably new assignment, sunriser.
Thanks amang, well after almost 7 years with the BAC secretatiat, I wish all the best to my former staff. cheers
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: re: Prccurement Officer

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum