Latest topics

RE: Is a Regional Head required to make APP?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: RE: Is a Regional Head required to make APP?

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:50 am

mindlex wrote:guys thanks so much for the inputs and ideas shared. Learned soooo much from you. Smile Smile

Our COA's take on the matter:

1. make its ownn APP, submit a PPMP to the central office, and create its own BAC even without the authority and directive from the head office.
2. That the office is a procuring entity since it is receiving cash despite the designation of the regional head as a Special Disbursing Officer and despite the minimal amount involved.

I noticed that there are differing opinions on the issue. Personally, I am more inclined to agree on the view that the Regional Office need not prepare its own APP and BAC but that it must be informed by the Central Office as to what are the allowable items to be purchased and the mode of procurement based on the APP prepared by the Central Office. However, since COA insists on the Regional Office to prepare its own APP, could the office still question it or should we just follow their recommendations? Anyway, it is ultimately the COA who sort of has the "last say" on the matter.

I suggest that, based on the COA recommendation, you request permission to creation your own BAC. You just cannot create your own BAC without authority from your Central Office. Remember that RA 9184 provides for only one BAC. The creation of additional BACs has to have the authority of the head of the agency.

Once authority has been granted to you to create your own BAC, the preparation of your own APP will naturally follow.

RDV @ GPPPI
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: RE: Is a Regional Head required to make APP?

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:49 pm

mindlex wrote:guys thanks so much for the inputs and ideas shared. Learned soooo much from you. Smile Smile

Our COA's take on the matter:

1. make its ownn APP, submit a PPMP to the central office, and create its own BAC even without the authority and directive from the head office.
2. That the office is a procuring entity since it is receiving cash despite the designation of the regional head as a Special Disbursing Officer and despite the minimal amount involved.
xxxxxxx
excerpt from the Revised IRR Section 11.1. BAC Structure
11.1.1. Each procuring entity shall establish in its head office a single BAC to undertake the functions specified in Section 12 of this IRR in order to facilitate professionalization and harmonization of procedures and standards. In line with the standardization of procurement procedures and the thrust towards strengthening the procurement function to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness, Heads of Procuring Entities shall aim to consolidate or unify all procurement activities of the organization, whether locally-funded or foreignassisted,
and whether pertaining to goods, infrastructure projects, or consulting services.(a)

11.1.2. However, to expedite the procurement process for practical intents and purposes, the Head of the Procuring Entity may create separate BACs where the number and complexity of the items to be procured shall so warrant. The BACs may be organized either according to: (a) geographical location of PMO or enduser units of the procuring entity; or (b) nature of procurement. Similar committees for decentralized and lower level offices may also be formed when deemed necessary by the Head of the Procuring Entity.(a)

I do share similar opinion of Sir RDV, you need to seek permission/approval from Head office. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top