Latest topics

Control on Purchase Requests and Purchase Order

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Control on Purchase Requests and Purchase Order

Post by Berna on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:07 pm

Good afternoon po. I am Bernadette from LGU Calintaan. i am a member of BAC secretariat. i just want to ask who will control and number the purchase requests and purchase orders. in our case po, for procurements charged under general fund, purchase requests are controlled and numbered by the BAC Secretariat upon receipt from the requesting office. Purchase orders are numbered and controlled by the Procurement Office. For projects charged under 20%, purchase requests are controlled by the MPDO (Municipal Planning and Development Office), but sometimes controlled by the BAC Secretariat.

i just want to know po if we are conforming to the system or are we violating any rule? Can you give us suggestion on the proper controlling and numbering of requests and orders.

Thank you and more power.

Last edited by Bernadette G. Driza on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)
Berna
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 115
Company/Agency : Calintaan Munti
Occupation/Designation : Clerk, BAC Sec
Registration date : 2010-02-02

http://ompassessor.com.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Control on Purchase Requests and Purchase Order

Post by charlie brown on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Bernadette G. Driza wrote:Good afternoon po. I am Bernadette from LGU Calintaan. i am a member of BAC secretariat. i just want to ask who will control and number the purchase requests and purchase orders. in our case po, for procurements charged under general fund, purchase requests are controlled and numbered by the BAC Secretariat upon receipt from the requesting office. Purchase orders are numbered and controlled by the Procurement Office. For projects charged under 20%, purchase requests are controlled by the MPDO (Municipal Planning and Development Office), but sometimes controlled by the BAC Secretariat.

i just want to know po if we are conforming to the system or are we violating any rule? Can you give us suggestion on the proper controlling and numbering of requests and orders.

RA 9184 does not prescribe internal guidelines on how to process the PR and PO. I would just like to point out that a component of the procurement reform is procurement planning (PPMP/APP preparation) which is synchorized now with the budgeting process. A necessary implication of procurement planning is a reduction of the number of RIV/PR (which i term as part of a reactive procurement system) and reliance on the programmed procurement under the APP (proactive procurement). procurements under the AIP which are charged to the 20% EDF should no longer require the PR or RIV since these are all programmed procurement.
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 218
Company/Agency : national government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Chair
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:19 am

Bernadette G. Driza wrote:Good afternoon po. I am Bernadette from LGU Calintaan. i am a member of BAC secretariat. i just want to ask who will control and number the purchase requests and purchase orders. in our case po, for procurements charged under general fund, purchase requests are controlled and numbered by the BAC Secretariat upon receipt from the requesting office. Purchase orders are numbered and controlled by the Procurement Office. For projects charged under 20%, purchase requests are controlled by the MPDO (Municipal Planning and Development Office), but sometimes controlled by the BAC Secretariat.

excerpt from LGU-NGAS manual for LGUs for the Preparation of PR
1.xxxx
3.PR No./Date – number assigned to the PR by the designated personnel in the Supply and Property Division and the date the PR is prepared. xxxx
For complete guide and info, you may visit COA website. Hope this would be of help. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Berna on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:32 am

Thank you very much po for the information. Very Happy
Berna
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Bernadette G. Driza wrote:Thank you very much po for the information. Very Happy
You are welcome Bernadette Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:05 pm

Good Day....
since we are both from the LGU , I would share our system to you if that will be applicable to your agency too. The control number assigned for the PR is centralized to the Office of the GSO before it will be indorse to budget, treasury and final approval of the LCE. This scheme was effecttive to us and we were able to save time and have a clear monitoring on where are the PRs. As well as lessen the use of papers (which is an environmental issue now) since before PR is process the GSO (as BAC secretariat) will verify if this is in accordance with the APP as well as approved budget. you can suggest it ...but in our case it perfectly works even prior to RA 9184.
msm326
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by neestrevencion on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:02 pm

good day to all!

re control on purchase requests and purchase order.

i agree with sunriser, per ngas 'yan, and end users ang mag i-initiate ng pr, if need arises, and to be numbered by the property (supply) and procurement division once approved by the approving authority.

however, if ppmp is followed and consolidated ' meticulously and judiciously' by the bac secretariat, preparation of pr is only on an emergency-basis and unforeseen-basis na lang, 'yung not included in the app na, so, definitely ma-le-lessen ang preparation ng pr, kc naka-planned na, justifiable naman 'yung unforeseen and emergency, so pwede pa rin i-pr.

'yung po, and dagdag ko na rin ang jo ha, 'di ba procurement documents yan, so, my personal position, pag cpb ang procedure, ang caretaker ng procurement documents is bac secretariat (14.1), from the preparation to the approval and then delivery. for the main reason na if ever question arises bac secretariat is very much in a position to answer any query. though sa delivery, pwede na ang coordination, kasi dapat property section/division naman ang mag re-receive ng deliveries to maintain check and balance. pero ang assignment of po/jo is the property (supply) and procurement division pa rin, para may control sa chrono ng numbering.

now, the question is, if the mode is amp. in our agency, the procurement documents are lodged in the property (supply) and procurement service under amp modes. for the fact na amp lang eh, and cpb is the default mode of the bac, so, to all the cpb procurement documents in-charge ang bac secretariat.

pero, alam nyo guys ang question ko! Smile is there really one agency, lalo na sa national, who can make a 'meticulous and judicious' app? pa share naman, para kami rin Very Happy

thanks!
neestrevencion

Female Number of posts : 46
Company/Agency : Senate of the Philippines
Occupation/Designation : Legislative Staff Assistant II
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Berna on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:08 pm

In our case po kase, our bac sec is diff from our gso.

But we are practicing what you have suggested. dati po kase, requesting offices pass their requests to the BAC, the BAC, through the BAC Sec, controls the requests and at the same time issues request for quotation signed by the BAC Chair. Ngayon po, offices pass their requests, duly approved by the LCE, to the GSO. the GSO numbers and controls the PR. We get confused lang po since our MPDO controlled some requests...

thank you very much for your suggestions...great help po talaga.
Berna
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:33 pm

neestrevencion wrote:good day to all!

i agree with sunriser, per ngas 'yan, and end users ang mag i-initiate ng pr, if need arises, and to be numbered by the property (supply) and procurement division once approved by the approving authority.

however, if ppmp is followed and consolidated ' meticulously and judiciously' by the bac secretariat, preparation of pr is only on an emergency-basis and unforeseen-basis na lang, 'yung not included in the app na, so, definitely ma-le-lessen ang preparation ng pr, kc naka-planned na, justifiable naman 'yung unforeseen and emergency, so pwede pa rin i-pr.

'yung po, and dagdag ko na rin ang jo ha, 'di ba procurement documents yan, so, my personal position, pag cpb ang procedure, ang caretaker ng procurement documents is bac secretariat (14.1), from the preparation to the approval and then delivery. for the main reason na if ever question arises bac secretariat is very much in a position to answer any query. though sa delivery, pwede na ang coordination, kasi dapat property section/division naman ang mag re-receive ng deliveries to maintain check and balance. pero ang assignment of po/jo is the property (supply) and procurement division pa rin, para may control sa chrono ng numbering.

now, the question is, if the mode is amp. in our agency, the procurement documents are lodged in the property (supply) and procurement service under amp modes. for the fact na amp lang eh, and cpb is the default mode of the bac, so, to all the cpb procurement documents in-charge ang bac secretariat.

pero, alam nyo guys ang question ko! Smile is there really one agency, lalo na sa national, who can make a 'meticulous and judicious' app? pa share naman, para kami rin Very Happy

thanks!
try this link http://www.gppb.gov.ph/app/2010/DOH/APP2010-DOH.pdf
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:13 pm

neestrevencion wrote:good day to all!

thanks!

Just a comment: the default mode of procurement is CPB. however, whether it is CPB or AMP (particularly where bid docs will still have to be prepared such as in limited source bidding, etc) the work would still pretty much involve the BAC plus the recom will still be made by the BAC hence it would still make sense if the BAC has custody of the docs. On the second question, some NGAs particularly those with a separate procurement unit may have the manpower and the capability to meticulously and judiciously prepare their APP and PPMP.
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 218
Company/Agency : national government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Chair
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down