Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

design build and delivery and construction project

View previous topic View next topic Go down

design build and delivery and construction project

Post by aquarius on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:43 am

Gud am,

I am also a BAC Secretariat of our Agency. And I would like also to ask querry regarding our Design Build Project for Water Supply System. Is it legal for the BAC to Award or not to Award the particular Contractor to Offer his Own design by revising the preliminary design?. In our case the Preliminary Design have a Reservoir Tank but during the Bid Evaluation the BAc found out that the Contractors Design Build has no Reservoir Tank.

Your legal opinion regarding this matter will shed light on the part of the BAC.

Thank you.

Truly Yours,

RENE L. ACUNA
BAC Secretariat
aquarius

Male Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : Government Employee
Occupation/Designation : Property/Supply Officer
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: design build and delivery and construction project

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:58 am

aquarius wrote:Gud am,

I am also a BAC Secretariat of our Agency. And I would like also to ask querry regarding our Design Build Project for Water Supply System. Is it legal for the BAC to Award or not to Award the particular Contractor to Offer his Own design by revising the preliminary design?. In our case the Preliminary Design have a Reservoir Tank but during the Bid Evaluation the BAc found out that the Contractors Design Build has no Reservoir Tank.

Your legal opinion regarding this matter will shed light on the part of the BAC.

Thank you.

Truly Yours,

RENE L. ACUNA
BAC Secretariat

Welcome to the forum "aquarius"!

The guidelines for the procurement and implementation of contracts for the Design and Build scheme for infra projects are contained in Annex "G" of the IRR.

Base on the said guidelines, the procuring entity shall prepare the preliminary design and construction studies, which include the "conceptual design," which describe the general idea with regard to the completed facility and identify the scope or physical components and structures, specific outputs and requirements of the structures, etc.

If the conceptual design include a "reservoir tank" but the same was not included in the bidder's submitted Preliminary Conceptual Design Plans, then the BAC is bound to declare the technical proposal of that bidder as non-compliant and therefore should be declared as ineligible during the preliminary examination of his bid.

However, if it was not found out or detected during the preliminary examination, but during bid evaluation, under the revised IRR, the BAC (thru the BAC Secretariat) may, in writing, request the bidder to make a written clarification why his technical proposal did not include the required "reservoir tank". If the bidder does not make a written clarification, the BAC should disqualify the said bidder for refusing to make a written clarification as required. If the bidder makes a written clarification, the BAC's decision on whether to disqualify or not the bidder should be based on the bidder's reply.

I hope I have sufficiently answered your query, aquarius.

RDV
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: design build and delivery and construction project

Post by orlan747 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:11 am

Hello Aquarius,

It is my humble opinion that you will still not heed advises and opinions from this forum regardless of how helpful they may be, because the bottom line is," if this particular contractor (en ar de?) is your favored contractor, you would still blindly award the contract to them."

I think the main questions that YOU and the BAC need to resolve are these:

1. Would the BAC be able to resist the pressure exerted to it by the powerful people behind this project?
2. Would the BAC be willing to be the sacrificial goats and serve on a golden platter the project to this favored contractor despite the glaring violations of the TOR (and etc..)? (Long after all the profits and commissions are spent by these "people", you BAC people would still have the Damocles (Ombudsman) sword over your head, wondering when it might fall.)
3. Would the BAC be gullible enough to believe that these powerful people can shield you from the Ombudsman? ( Ah yes, they may be able to bury the case over a heap of other cases, but then it would always be there, waiting... )
4. ITMOE????
orlan747
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 93
Company/Agency : Golden OCS Construction
Occupation/Designation : Manager
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Buisiness Proposal To Supply Aircondition Equipment

Post by epitaciosajoljr on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:35 pm

To The BAC Secretariat;

I wish that i could supply and sell to you the airconditioning equipments to your clients, customers and consultants. Included from this sales offerings are the following;

1) 1 year warranty on parts and services
2) 15 days maximum terms
3) 2 to 3 days standard delivery time from the date of purchase
4) free installation includes minimum pipe length for refrigerant, electrical wires, drain pvc pipe line, circuit breaker and its accessories,
survey, design and estimates.

Hoping that these sales offerings may pass and complete to your requirements needed in airconditioning syatem.

Sincerely Yours,
Epitacio Sajol Jr
Sales Engineer
Manila Sources Corp
Mobile:09289026286
Store: 2415118/2432610/2414731

epitaciosajoljr

Male Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : Idec-Aircondition
Occupation/Designation : Sales Engineer
Registration date : 2010-08-30

Back to top Go down