Latest topics

Voucher/Claims

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Voucher/Claims

Post by riddler on Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:54 am

my query is still in relation to Bernadette's post (re: control of PR's)

since the end-user/s prepares the PR, who then shall prepare the VOUCHER/claims for progress/final payment of the suppliers/contractors for LGU's?

Is it the BAC-Sec, GSO, or the End-user/PMO? Laughing
avatar
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Voucher/Claims

Post by Berna on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:47 pm

in our practice po, the BAC requests for quotation then after the award, the GSO prepares the P.O., Inspection and Acceptance and the RIS duly signed by the authorities. the gso submits the supporting papers to the accounting office for voucher.
avatar
Berna
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 115
Age : 40
Company/Agency : Calintaan Munti
Occupation/Designation : Clerk, BAC Sec
Registration date : 2010-02-02

http://ompassessor.com.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Voucher/Claims

Post by Berna on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:50 pm

Smile
avatar
Berna
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 115
Age : 40
Company/Agency : Calintaan Munti
Occupation/Designation : Clerk, BAC Sec
Registration date : 2010-02-02

http://ompassessor.com.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Voucher/Claims

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:17 pm

riddler wrote:my query is still in relation to Bernadette's post (re: control of PR's)

since the end-user/s prepares the PR, who then shall prepare the VOUCHER/claims for progress/final payment of the suppliers/contractors for LGU's?

Is it the BAC-Sec, GSO, or the End-user/PMO? Laughing

If there exists a GSO, i believe they "should" prepare vouchers/claims. In the absence of GSO, (by default) the end-user or implementing office shall be primarily responsible in processing the same considering they knew first hand if the procurement or project has been delivered or implemented. Very Happy
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Voucher/Claims

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:42 pm

riddler wrote:my query is still in relation to Bernadette's post (re: control of PR's)

since the end-user/s prepares the PR, who then shall prepare the VOUCHER/claims for progress/final payment of the suppliers/contractors for LGU's?

Is it the BAC-Sec, GSO, or the End-user/PMO? Laughing
For us GOCCs, its a requirement to have Inspection and acceptance report (partial/complete deliveries for Goods, and progress/final billings for infra ) prepared by the Inspection committee (end-user unit/PMO also represented in the committee ), their findings is crucial in processing of the voucher/claims in the finance/Accounting department. (agency policy won't allow the BAC or BAC Secretariat be party to any processing of voucher/claims for obvious reason. bounce
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Voucher/Claims

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Definitely. The BAC Sec should never be involved in the processing of vouchers (except when claiming Honoraria, haha! =})
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Voucher/Claims

Post by msm326 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:41 am

in our LGU processing of disbursement vouchers are centralized to the Office of the Municipal Accountant to avoid wastage of papers (we are very much conscious on the usage of too much papers) ....and most important is she could examine documents if there are some discrepancies...it is a matter of proper coordination and delegation of tasks. in our case it works well....
good day
msm326 Very Happy
avatar
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Voucher/Claims

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:42 pm

msm326 wrote:in our LGU processing of disbursement vouchers are centralized to the Office of the Municipal Accountant to avoid wastage of papers (we are very much conscious on the usage of too much papers) ....and most important is she could examine documents if there are some discrepancies...it is a matter of proper coordination and delegation of tasks. in our case it works well....
good day
msm326 Very Happy
How I envy your harmonious setup with your accounting office. In some experience sharing with other LGUs, there are some Accounting Office who refuses to receive that obligation/responsibility. Some statistically high incidence of the common problems are summarized as follows:
1. Papers cannot move without "extra effort";
2. When forms are improperly or insufficiently filled up, they only pile up until lost;
3. When you look for papers for follow up, you look on a pile up (they cannot tell the status because they dont care)
3. Some checklists are more than twice what is required by the BAC (a double jeopardy for procurements);
4. Even some are not following ARTA rules (you dont know what's wrong?!);
5. Worse, some do not act as accounting office - but rather an auditing firm.
6. Contrary to #5, some actually dont check, and even funnier, they do not know what they are looking for.

If all of the above problems I've heard can be found in only one office, well what can I say? Its .... @

No offense meant for some decent and admirable Accounting Offices. But whoever prepares the voucher, really need a good and "professional" accounting staff to handle the payments for procurements with a smile. Very Happy
avatar
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Age : 39
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Voucher/Claims

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:26 pm

engrjhez wrote:
msm326 wrote:in our LGU processing of disbursement vouchers are centralized to the Office of the Municipal Accountant to avoid wastage of papers (we are very much conscious on the usage of too much papers) ....and most important is she could examine documents if there are some discrepancies...it is a matter of proper coordination and delegation of tasks. in our case it works well....
good day
msm326 Very Happy
How I envy your harmonious setup with your accounting office. In some experience sharing with other LGUs, there are some Accounting Office who refuses to receive that obligation/responsibility. Some statistically high incidence of the common problems are summarized as follows:
1. Papers cannot move without "extra effort";
2. When forms are improperly or insufficiently filled up, they only pile up until lost;
3. When you look for papers for follow up, you look on a pile up (they cannot tell the status because they dont care)
3. Some checklists are more than twice what is required by the BAC (a double jeopardy for procurements);
4. Even some are not following ARTA rules (you dont know what's wrong?!);
5. Worse, some do not act as accounting office - but rather an auditing firm.
6. Contrary to #5, some actually dont check, and even funnier, they do not know what they are looking for.

If all of the above problems I've heard can be found in only one office, well what can I say? Its .... @

No offense meant for some decent and admirable Accounting Offices. But whoever prepares the voucher, really need a good and "professional" accounting staff to handle the payments for procurements with a smile. Very Happy
maybe its because of the disallowance, to careful in the examination of supporting documents lol! Better safe than sorry. Peace
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Voucher/Claims

Post by msm326 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:56 am

Good day....
Our motto here is let us all fell the problem and find out solutions ......
I even encourage them to attend seminars and conventions conducted by Leagues such as PAGSO and we then support each other leagues.....
Even our staff (next in rank to us) , in addition we are very fortunate to have a Procuring Head (HOPE) which is not a hope per se but an action man indeed....it is my third year that I don't feel the stress of too many obligations to our suppliers in other words bayad lahat......

msm326 cheers
avatar
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Voucher/Claims

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum