SOS to all forum members regarding requests and mode of procurement of festival requirements

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SOS to all forum members regarding requests and mode of procurement of festival requirements

Post by msm326 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:02 am

Please extend some views and opinions and even your experiences on the treatment of your requirements in the conduct of festival such as foods, materials, supplies , directors (pageant night), sound systems, electrical fitting requirements and all others.... Rolling Eyes

We have a very challenging Audit team and I am very privilege to work with them because I know it is another learning job related relationship again with the new team..... Sad

msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: SOS to all forum members regarding requests and mode of procurement of festival requirements

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:06 am

Categorize all items to be procured.

Back to top Go down

Re: SOS to all forum members regarding requests and mode of procurement of festival requirements

Post by riddler on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:52 pm

msm326 wrote:
Please extend some views and opinions and even your experiences on the treatment of your requirements in the conduct of festival such as foods, materials, supplies , directors (pageant night), sound systems, electrical fitting requirements and all others....

We have a very challenging Audit team and I am very privilege to work with them because I know it is another learning job related relationship again with the new team.....

Pritong Kandule wrote:Categorize all items to be procured.

Yes, right. it should be categorized/grouped together using Clause 28.3 of the Bid Data Sheet (BDS).

e.g. 1st group-All caterers/suppliers
2nd group- All Entertainment Services businesses (including directors, choreographers, live bands, etc. merong busniness para dito)
3rd group- suppliers of sound systems
4th- suppliers of haradwares/electricals Very Happy
-
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:47 pm

msm326 wrote:Please extend some views and opinions and even your experiences on the treatment of your requirements in the conduct of festival such as foods, materials, supplies , directors (pageant night), sound systems, electrical fitting requirements and all others.... Rolling Eyes

We have a very challenging Audit team and I am very privilege to work with them because I know it is another learning job related relationship again with the new team..... Sad

msm326 Very Happy

On slight contrary to the others, i can suggest you do it the "pakyaw" way, i.e. to hire an Event Coordinator that will manage and get all the diversified services into one (complex) contract. I think it is better than several contracts which has to be (sophisticatedly) coordinated by the agency. The problem kasi arises if there are several contracts that would later not agree with the rest. Although it may be contested that several contracts would have individually lower cost, a single "pakyaw" contract of an event (or events) coordinator may also be justified having the full control and coordination (and liability) of ensuring the entire event is harmoniously implemented.

Worth exploring? I think yes. And equally challenging as well. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:46 pm

msm326 wrote:Please extend some views and opinions and even your experiences on the treatment of your requirements in the conduct of festival such as foods, materials, supplies , directors (pageant night), sound systems, electrical fitting requirements and all others.... Rolling Eyes

msm326 Very Happy
Guys read carefully the title of this topic
First, In my opinion, all those mentioned categories are for the procurement of goods.
Second. msm326 have ask the requirements in the conduct of this festivities. ex she mentioned foods, with this alone so many variables can be included or excluded, so maybe catering will be the best option.
Third. Although the default mode of procurement is Public bidding, the BAC can recommend the use of AMP to be approved by the HOPE.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:17 am

engrjhez wrote:

msm326 Very Happy

On slight contrary to the others, i can suggest you do it the "pakyaw" way, i.e. to hire an Event Coordinator that will manage and get all the diversified services into one (complex) contract. I think it is better than several contracts which has to be (sophisticatedly) coordinated by the agency. The problem kasi arises if there are several contracts that would later not agree with the rest. Although it may be contested that several contracts would have individually lower cost, a single "pakyaw" contract of an event (or events) coordinator may also be justified having the full control and coordination (and liability) of ensuring the entire event is harmoniously implemented.

Worth exploring? I think yes. And equally challenging as well. Very Happy

Well that's a nice alternative however if your not familiar of how to do it, I don`t think its the right way to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:58 am

msm326 Very Happy

In my own view, i think public bidding is the best mode of procurement to use and the minimum requirements that fits the materials will be require. this is only my opinion..
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:33 pm

Niwram wrote:
In my own view, i think public bidding is the best mode of procurement to use and the minimum requirements that fits the materials will be require. this is only my opinion..

Agree. Definitely.

Hindi ko pala na-mention sa post ko but the way to do it is really thru public bidding. The only possible debate is whether "to bid or not to bid" talents. I already made a stand - TO BID. Kaya lang, marami pa rin hindi magets and nag-iinsist na "how can you compare (say) Sharon Cuneta and Pokwang (no offense po) in terms of talent". Both can sing, and can dance(?). Magkaiba raw talent fee. Well, simply look sa ABC. Kung saan ba aabutin ang budget, eh we go there. Minimum specs lang naman kailangan.

Pero at the end of the day, it's Public Bidding before we simplify to AMPs.

Plug ko lang sa CALABARZON, please read Operation EXPOSE. I got a regular column titled "BAC^k ISSUES". Yun po ang topic natin this week onwards. (Thanks Admin) Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:38 am

Thank you very much guys.....I did it per lot basis po coze there foods, etc....
Have you posted lately sa PHILGEPS regarding awards of below 50thousand...They are still in the process of upgrading the system....Posting of below 50thousand based on the new guidelines for opportunities is already not applicable (di po ba?) but we need to post the NOA.
Share some thoughts about this.....
msm326 Smile
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:13 am

under the gppb resolution 9-2009 posting of RPQ and NOA in PhilGEPS is not necessary for procurement 50k or below

Last edited by Pritong Kandule on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:47 am

Pritong Kandule wrote:under the gppb resolution 9-2007 posting of RPQ and NOA in PhilGEPS is not necessary for procurement 50k or below

I think it is not under GPPB resolution 9-2007.. It is with in GPPB Resolution no. 09-2009.. I agree that NOA is not necessary for procurement 50k and below but this is Guidelines for Shopping and SVP.. how about if it is through public bidding? Smile
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:53 am

Niwram wrote:
Pritong Kandule wrote:under the gppb resolution 9-2007 posting of RPQ and NOA in PhilGEPS is not necessary for procurement 50k or below

I think it is not under GPPB resolution 9-2007.. It is with in GPPB Resolution no. 09-2009.. I agree that NOA is not necessary for procurement 50k and below but this is Guidelines for Shopping and SVP.. how about if it is through public bidding? Smile

Sorry for the wrong resolution I already edited it however the said resolution provides that POSTING of the RPQ and NOA is not necessary but the NOA is still required.

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:57 am

msm326 wrote:Thank you very much guys.....I did it per lot basis po coze there foods, etc....
Have you posted lately sa PHILGEPS regarding awards of below 50thousand...They are still in the process of upgrading the system....Posting of below 50thousand based on the new guidelines for opportunities is already not applicable (di po ba?) but we need to post the NOA.
Share some thoughts about this.....
msm326 Smile

One of the staff of PhilGeps stated that if the Invitation to bid was not posted in their site the NOA below 50k will also not be posted.. if you want to post the NOA you must post the ITB.. for more understanding contact PhilGeps..
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks ...but please refer to Resolution number 9-2009 the procedural guidelines on SVP section d.....
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:32 pm

Pritong Kandule wrote:under the gppb resolution 9-2009 posting of RPQ and NOA in PhilGEPS is not necessary for procurement 50k or below

Under Sec.54.3 of the revised IRR, posting of award in the PhilGEPS shall be "in all instances...". Please refer to a new topic here.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:40 am

Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top