Determination of Mode of Procurement Based on the amount per Lot for the Festival

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Determination of Mode of Procurement Based on the amount per Lot for the Festival

Post by msm326 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:53 am

Good Day fellow members....
I need to solicit your opinions on these areas:
a. There are fourteen (14) lot items identified as per requirements for the Festival proceedings such as :
Lot 1 for the packaging material in line with the OTOP program of DTI which they designed and commissioned
Lot 2 Rental of Sound System
Lot 3 Kesong Puti Products
Lot 4 Rental of Tents and Chairs
(all these items are below the threshold) it is not my concern ...the situation if all the items will be total including lot 5 to 14 the amount will be one million.these 4 enumerated lots have different areas of expertise particularly the kesong puti which is locally pasteurized here in the municipality and nobody will participate in the bidding if the required bid security is more than the amount they will intend to contract outwith the LGU....(hope you got my point)
Our festival is not as extravagant as others because we are starting to promote our native product (OTOP)
Lots 5 to 14 will definitely be under public bidding ...My question is can the BAC recommend a mode of procurement on per lot basis . That is one of the option that I am thinking since last night before our pre procurement conference...at any rate they will still ask my opinion.
Sir RDV and the rest please make comments ..thank you very much.
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Determination of Mode of Procurement Based on the amount per Lot for the Festival

Post by msm326 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:24 am

Additional information...same as the rental of portalet toilets it cost only below 50thousand for that particular lot
thanks again...
msm326
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Re: Determination of Mode of Procurement Based on the amount per Lot for the Festival

Post by riddler on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:08 am

certainly there can be no splitting if you segregate the ABC's of each Lot or group. Otherwise, if you group these distinct lots together into 1 Bulk Bid (competitive Bidding) the process would be deemed to fail because there are no suppliers/services who have a "from toothpick to battleship" business permit (joke lang ha:D ).

Alternative mode can always be resorted for those items below the threshold of the new IRR for the particular activity you mentioned. Very Happy Very Happy
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:14 pm

msm326 wrote:Good Day fellow members....
I need to solicit your opinions on these areas:
a. There are fourteen (14) lot items identified as per requirements for the Festival proceedings such as :
Lot 1 for the packaging material in line with the OTOP program of DTI which they designed and commissioned
Lot 2 Rental of Sound System
Lot 3 Kesong Puti Products
Lot 4 Rental of Tents and Chairs
(all these items are below the threshold) it is not my concern ...the situation if all the items will be total including lot 5 to 14 the amount will be one million.these 4 enumerated lots have different areas of expertise particularly the kesong puti which is locally pasteurized here in the municipality and nobody will participate in the bidding if the required bid security is more than the amount they will intend to contract outwith the LGU....(hope you got my point)
Our festival is not as extravagant as others because we are starting to promote our native product (OTOP)
Lots 5 to 14 will definitely be under public bidding ...My question is can the BAC recommend a mode of procurement on per lot basis . That is one of the option that I am thinking since last night before our pre procurement conference...at any rate they will still ask my opinion.
Sir RDV and the rest please make comments ..thank you very much.
msm326 Very Happy

The recommendation of the method of procurement shall be per procurement basis, not by events. Considering there is one event that consisted all the 14 lots you mentioned, you could stay on your grouping and have it as individual procurements and not lots. Problema kasi pag me lots, it connotes part of a whole, and whatever is true on lot must be true to all or as a whole. If every lot is unique and can be justifiable be taken independently without the concept of "splitting", then I would suggest take it as is. If consolidating does not end up as the "efficient" way, try taking it as 14 individual procurements. It may work better.

I think you cannot proceed on "per lot" and provide different modes of procurement at the same time. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:26 am

Thank you very much.
That was my first idea but I just presented it at as a whole so that they could how difficult it is to have this procurement work .
Now I knew then I have the same idea as you are guys....navalidate ko din hope this will suffice to our TL handling our papers.
Thank you guys........ I was always thinking of this matter even at home....actually inuwi ko pa siya over the weekend.....
msm326 cheers
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top