Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

LETTER OF INTENT (LOI) AS A REQUIREMENT FOR DIFFERENT ITEMS OF GOODS AND INFRAS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LETTER OF INTENT (LOI) AS A REQUIREMENT FOR DIFFERENT ITEMS OF GOODS AND INFRAS

Post by riddler on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:00 am

This is still in relation with our discussion with RDV, engrjhez and the rest, which i cannot find anymore in this forum sa dami na ng topics, may i just continue it again dito,

Since the IRR does not require LOI's for Goods and Infrastructures (as RDV discussed), can the LGU's require it for different items of Goods as listed under ONe (1) PBD? Very Happy

Example: Our LGU advertized in the ITB four (4) different Lots into 1 PBD say;

Lot 1 ABC 1M
Lot 2 ABC 2M
Lot 3 ABC 3M
Lot 4 ABC 4M

NOte: Source of fund is the same account including the project, however the BAC segregated the items into 4 Lots that would allow local suppliers to participate, since gruoping the project into one Bulk Bid would result to a failure of Bidding.

Following the BDS Clause 28.3

Grouping and Evaluation of Lots –

"x x x x x x.
Option 3 - Similar items, to be grouped together to form several lots that shall be evaluated and awarded as separate contracts.
x x x x x x ."

Since the above 4 Lots are all included into one (1) PBD, What if a certain bidder/s signifies that he/she intend/s to Bid Lot 2 and Lot 3 only? How shall the BAC know his/her intention if we will not require an LOI?

Note: THe BAC in the ITB pegged the amount of Bid Docs to 1/10th of 1 precent of the ABC, meaning to say that whatever the bidder/s payment for the Docs depends on the contents of his/her LOI, di ba? Any thoughts guys? Very Happy Very Happy
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LETTER OF INTENT (LOI) AS A REQUIREMENT FOR DIFFERENT ITEMS OF GOODS AND INFRAS

Post by amang'65 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:13 pm

we had a same case here before but not on LOIs i think it was on a several lots in one bid docs.

if you wish to require an LOI well there is nothing wrong if it is purposely for identifying bidders who wish to participate (when in fact it is not required).

what we did before if my memory ay hindi pa kumukupas, we decided first during our pre-procurement conference that cost of bid docs maybe on a per lot basis, actually you may no longer need an LOI to determine a bidders intention kasi ang basis ngayon ay ang order of payment and the official reciept na kung anong lot ang bibilhin nila, but make sure that this agreement are stipulated in the ITB. so lets say a bidder wishes to participate sa LOT 1, then he has to pay the corresponding cost ng bid docs if you said the it cost 1/10th of 1 % of the ABC of LOT 1 only, and so on. therefore malalaman ninyo the yung particular bidder na yun ay interesado lang sa LOT 1. owkie?
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: LETTER OF INTENT (LOI) AS A REQUIREMENT FOR DIFFERENT ITEMS OF GOODS AND INFRAS

Post by charlie brown on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:35 pm

riddler wrote:This is still in relation with our discussion with RDV, engrjhez and the rest, which i cannot find anymore in this forum sa dami na ng topics, may i just continue it again dito,

Since the IRR does not require LOI's for Goods and Infrastructures (as RDV discussed), can the LGU's require it for different items of Goods as listed under ONe (1) PBD? Very Happy

Lot 1 ABC 1M
Lot 2 ABC 2M
Lot 3 ABC 3M
Lot 4 ABC 4M

NOte: Source of fund is the same account including the project, however the BAC segregated the items into 4 Lots that would allow local suppliers to participate, since gruoping the project into one Bulk Bid would result to a failure of Bidding.

"x x x x x x.
Option 3 - Similar items, to be grouped together to form several lots that shall be evaluated and awarded as separate contracts.
x x x x x x ."

Since the above 4 Lots are all included into one (1) PBD, What if a certain bidder/s signifies that he/she intend/s to Bid Lot 2 and Lot 3 only? How shall the BAC know his/her intention if we will not require an LOI?

Note: THe BAC in the ITB pegged the amount of Bid Docs to 1/10th of 1 precent of the ABC, meaning to say that whatever the bidder/s payment for the Docs depends on the contents of his/her LOI, di ba? Any thoughts guys? Very Happy Very Happy

Actually there is still a letter or intent (section 23.4) but not anymore in the context of the LOI for Infra before when eligibility checking is completed before allowing bidders to procure the bid docs. Sa nagayon a propective bidder may still write a LOI and/or application for eligibility particularly when a bidder maintains a file of class A docs with the PE and/or when a PE maintains a registry as mentioned in the section. last time i check the PBDs however, only the PBD for infra BDS (12.1) provides an option for a deadline date. I believe kasi that since similar na ang process for goods and infra, even the LOI (in the context just mentioned) should also be applicable to goods
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 218
Company/Agency : national government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Chair
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:37 pm

amang1965 wrote:we had a same case here before but not on LOIs i think it was on a several lots in one bid docs.

if you wish to require an LOI well there is nothing wrong if it is purposely for identifying bidders who wish to participate (when in fact it is not required).

what we did before if my memory ay hindi pa kumukupas, we decided first during our pre-procurement conference that cost of bid docs maybe on a per lot basis, actually you may no longer need an LOI to determine a bidders intention kasi ang basis ngayon ay ang order of payment and the official reciept na kung anong lot ang bibilhin nila, but make sure that this agreement are stipulated in the ITB. so lets say a bidder wishes to participate sa LOT 1, then he has to pay the corresponding cost ng bid docs if you said the it cost 1/10th of 1 % of the ABC of LOT 1 only, and so on. therefore malalaman ninyo the yung particular bidder na yun ay interesado lang sa LOT 1. owkie?

i agree, the lots must have their corresponding bid price and bid security requirements. these are stated in the bid docs so there is no confusion
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:55 pm

charlie brown wrote:

xxxx x

i agree, the lots must have their corresponding bid price and bid security requirements. these are stated in the bid docs so there is no confusion

yup! the BAC have done that charles as specifically stated in the BDS, and the SCC.

However, on the 1st day of posting one bidder signifies that he/she is only intersted to bid Lots 2 & 3... Ultimately the BAC Secretariat adviced (verbally) that only his/her interested Lots shall be paid on by 1/10th of 1 percent, the whole PBD's including Lots 1 & 4 was included for release to the Bidder..

My opinion is that, there ought to be an LOI's for Different Lots Goods and Infra) to properly identify the intention of the prospective Bidder. This LOI's shall then be attached during the Bidding proper and included in the evaluation of their bids. Very Happy
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:01 pm

Kung ibabalik ung LOI, papano pag hindi sya bumili?
ang consequence nun ay pwede syang ma blacklist under sa guidelines ng blacklisting.

Ang pinakamaganda nalang before i submit ung BD sabihin na agad ng bidder kung saang lot sila sasali.

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:04 pm

riddler wrote:This is still in relation with our discussion with RDV, engrjhez and the rest, which i cannot find anymore in this forum sa dami na ng topics, may i just continue it again dito,

Lot 1 ABC 1M
Lot 2 ABC 2M
Lot 3 ABC 3M
Lot 4 ABC 4M

"x x x x x x.
x x x x x x ."

In reference to the underline text.
I would assume this was Posted in the PHILGEPS portal. In the "Order management" page it will create a pending task for the buyer coordinator. (if bidder/s order the Bid documents online.). The Buyer coordinator for sure will know if a bidder/s is interested to participate in that particular Notice(lot/s). bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:11 pm

riddler wrote:
charlie brown wrote:

xxxx x

yup! the BAC have done that charles as specifically stated in the BDS, and the SCC.

However, on the 1st day of posting one bidder signifies that he/she is only intersted to bid Lots 2 & 3... Ultimately the BAC Secretariat adviced (verbally) that only his/her interested Lots shall be paid on by 1/10th of 1 percent, the whole PBD's including Lots 1 & 4 was included for release to the Bidder..

My opinion is that, there ought to be an LOI's for Different Lots Goods and Infra) to properly identify the intention of the prospective Bidder. This LOI's shall then be attached during the Bidding proper and included in the evaluation of their bids. Very Happy

other than the amount paid, Malalaman naman kasi agad ang intention of the prospective bidder just by looking at the envelopes submitted. Section 20 of the ITB gives explicit instructions what to write for easy identification.
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:25 pm

riddler wrote:...

Why would the BAC want to know? Can they not wait until the Opening of Bids and see what lot(s) every bidder participated? You could see that on their first envelope pa lang.

On the other hand, if the BAC really want, they could have that information outright on the process of purchasing/payment of bid documents. The BAC could instruct the Secretariat to get the info when preparing the "order of payment" particularly if you allow the bidders to pay only the bidding documents fee proportional to their intent.
Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top