Clarification on the preparation of Annual Procurement Plan

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clarification on the preparation of Annual Procurement Plan

Post by nenette on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Dear All!!
Gud PM

Gusto ko iclarify na ung bang mga items na dapat include sa APP ay mga items lang na dumadaan sa BAC? ung mga items na bibilhin out of petty cash advance below 1K ay hindi na ba dapat isama? ito bang mga ito ay dapat isama sa APP maski regular expenses sa MOOE ng office/unit halimbawa rent ng room/space/acccommodation na bini bill lang ang office/unit, vehicle rental worth 2500/trip, newpaper, journal subscription, printing of banner below 500, etc.

Please reply ASAP

Tnx

net
nenette

Female Number of posts : 15
Company/Agency : UP Open University
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarification on the preparation of Annual Procurement Plan

Post by charlie brown on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:57 pm

nenette wrote:Dear All!!
Gud PM

Gusto ko iclarify na ung bang mga items na dapat include sa APP ay mga items lang na dumadaan sa BAC? ung mga items na bibilhin out of petty cash advance below 1K ay hindi na ba dapat isama? ito bang mga ito ay dapat isama sa APP maski regular expenses sa MOOE ng office/unit halimbawa rent ng room/space/acccommodation na bini bill lang ang office/unit, vehicle rental worth 2500/trip, newpaper, journal subscription, printing of banner below 500, etc.

Please reply ASAP

Tnx

net

payments out of petty cash can be included as a lump-sum provision for emergencies which is included in the APP (SECTION 7.1) Rental of office space, vehicles passes through the BAC and should be included in the APP
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 218
Company/Agency : national government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Chair
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:57 pm

nenette wrote:Dear All!!
Gud PM

Please reply ASAP

Tnx

net

Only items na ipo-PROCURE natin ang kasama sa APP. And when kasama sa APP, definitely, dumaan na ito sa BAC during planning, PPMP, and APP (at dadaan ulit during procurement process). Since lahat ng na-mention mo ay maiko-consider na procurement, then dapat nasa APP sya.

Unanticipated or unforeseen items as in "petty cash" should also be included as Charlie Brown pointed out (it is based on historical records of past allocations). It need not be procured (kasi nga ex-post facto procurement na sya lumalabas) but dumadaan pa rin sya sa BAC for recommendation of the PPMP and APP. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:06 pm

May I ask fellow forum members...hiring of security services need to be included in the APP?
thank you
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:25 pm

msm326 wrote:May I ask fellow forum members...hiring of security services need to be included in the APP?
thank you
msm326 Very Happy

Yes.

It will still undergo procurement process, so definitely yes. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:35 am

msm326 wrote:May I ask fellow forum members...hiring of security services need to be included in the APP?
thank you
msm326 Very Happy

Yes, regardless of the amount it shall be included in the APP..
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:11 pm

Thank you very much....honestly nakakaloka magprepare ng APP and PPMP cheers

It is easier said to prepare and consolidate but in the actual hay.....sakit sa mata and ulo po eventhough I'm not the encoder and just reviewing their works.

We are planning to have a marathon session in the preparation of APP and PPMP for all department heads ....Can I invite some forum members to help me then? or do I still need an accredited GPPB trainor....

Thanks a lot.....

msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:46 am

msm326 wrote:Thank you very much....honestly nakakaloka magprepare ng APP and PPMP cheers

It is easier said to prepare and consolidate but in the actual hay.....sakit sa mata and ulo po eventhough I'm not the encoder and just reviewing their works.

We are planning to have a marathon session in the preparation of APP and PPMP for all department heads ....Can I invite some forum members to help me then? or do I still need an accredited GPPB trainor....

Thanks a lot.....

msm326 Very Happy

I agree with engrjhez and niwram. and as added reminder we need not do security and jani procurements on a yearly basis as these contracts can cover 3 years
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:45 pm

Thank you very much but we are working on an annual budget kasi for the local government units.
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:52 pm

msm326 wrote:Thank you very much but we are working on an annual budget kasi for the local government units.
msm326 Very Happy

its ok. Even national government agencies operate on an annual budget. the contract duration is 3 years but the ABC will only be for 1 year. pls chk out gppb cir 24-2007
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Thank you again to all members ....
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

contents of annual procurement plan

Post by blesilda on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Shall we include goods being funded by trust fund? If the app is based on the Executive Budget, i understand that these are procurements funded by General fund.
blesilda

Female Number of posts : 16
Company/Agency : angeles city LGU
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:28 pm

blesilda wrote:Shall we include goods being funded by trust fund? If the app is based on the Executive Budget, i understand that these are procurements funded by General fund.

Yes, you still include Trust Fund to be used for the procurement of goods, infra or consulting services. The APP is not based on the executive budget alone. All sources of funding should be included in the APP.

Maybe you confused the APP with the ABC. In the case of LGUs, the ABC shall be the budget approved by the Sanggunian (Executive Budget approved by the Sanggunian).

In the case of trust funds which come into the possession of the LGU, the ABC shall be the amount of the Trust Fund. It does need, however, to be included in the executive budget which is subject to approval by the sanggunian.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:45 pm

blesilda wrote:Shall we include goods being funded by trust fund? If the app is based on the Executive Budget, i understand that these are procurements funded by General fund.
excerpt from PD 1445. For your guidance. bounce
Section 4. Fundamental principles. Financial transactions and operations of any government agency shall be governed by the fundamental principles set forth hereunder, to wit:
1. xxxx
2. xxxx
3. Trust funds shall be available and may be spent only for the specific purpose for which the trust was created or the funds received.
In my opinion if for instance, a procurement activity is being undertaken by a local government then R.A. 9184 should be applied. Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:52 pm

its a very interersting question in the sense that it touches on the definition of the ABC. Trust Funds as the term implies are those held in trust by the agency/lgu for a particular purpose. According to COA rules trust funds need not pass through the Sanggunian for appropriation before the amount can be used to implement the project for which the fund was created in the first place. and there lies the problem since the current definition of the ABC, which is the basis for any procurement should be that which is enacted by the sanggunian (for LGUs).

the obvious solution would be to modify the definition of the ABC for LGUs. i for one thinks all funds should be accounted for in the coffers of the LGU through the issuance of an appropriation ordinance. But that is my personal take on the issue. I understand COA also has good reasons why this is not so.
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by blesilda on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:14 am

When we are prepare the final app, i believe that there must be working budget. Therefore, the amount (ABC) is definite already based on the approved budget. My problem is aside from the General Fund, We have trust funds coming from the hospital, philhealth collections, etc... which we can use to procure additional medicines/medical supplies.. I am confused, how can i identify the amount of these procurements and include them in the APP? The amount of trust funds to be collected are not yet definite. Shall I prepare supplementary procurements as soon as the trust funds were collected and available? Please enlighten me, Iam currently preparing the APP. Thank you very much.
blesilda

Female Number of posts : 16
Company/Agency : angeles city LGU
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:04 am

blesilda wrote:When we are prepare the final app, i believe that there must be working budget. Therefore, the amount (ABC) is definite already based on the approved budget. My problem is aside from the General Fund, We have trust funds coming from the hospital, philhealth collections, etc... which we can use to procure additional medicines/medical supplies.. I am confused, how can i identify the amount of these procurements and include them in the APP? The amount of trust funds to be collected are not yet definite. Shall I prepare supplementary procurements as soon as the trust funds were collected and available? Please enlighten me, Iam currently preparing the APP. Thank you very much.

good day blesilda, before preparing the APP you have already in mind the ABC in every procurement you'll be conducting.. however trust fund is a source of income wherein after you have already determine or finalized your APP, if the trust fund is already definite or determine you can update your APP not to make a supplemental procurement.
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:51 pm

[quote="Niwram"]
blesilda wrote:When we are prepare the final app, i believe that there must be working budget. Therefore, the amount (ABC) is definite already based on the approved budget. My problem is aside from the General Fund, We have trust funds coming from the hospital, philhealth collections, etc... which we can use to procure additional medicines/medical supplies.. I am confused, how can i identify the amount of these procurements and include them in the APP? The amount of trust funds to be collected are not yet definite. Shall I prepare supplementary procurements as soon as the trust funds were collected and available? Please enlighten me, Iam currently preparing the APP. Thank you very much.

The preparation of the APP will be cognizant with the approved budget and those that will be in the Trust Fund....you can make a supplemental APP
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:49 pm

I agree with niwram. When we prepare the APP we have already cost estimates especially for supplies and materials considering past procurements done previous year (w/c is the nearest data) We can also refer to the price index being provided by the DBM. If ever there are changes after the approval of the budget for the year, then we can always submit Supplemental Proc. Plan for approval of the HOPE.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:16 pm

first we need to be clear that trust funds and trust receipts are 2 different things. Trust funds are those funds earmarked for a specific purpose while trust receipts are those held in trust by agencies as a collecting agent in favor of other agencies (e.g. philhealth, gsis remittences). the latter we cannot use as these are to be remitted to the appropriate agencies. Trust funds on the other hand will be used to implement a project. Examples of reciepts recorded as trust funds are PDAF and funds coming from legislators for implementation of LGUs.

According to COA rules, these types of receipts need not be appropriated by the LGU before they are implemented.
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilou Lacsina on Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:47 pm

may i also ask kung ang insurance premium dapat isama sa APP? Question
Marilou Lacsina

Female Number of posts : 13
Company/Agency : BCDA
Occupation/Designation : CAO
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovinal on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Yes because INSURANCE PREMIUM is subject to procurement procedure under RA No. 9184.
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by zmack on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:57 pm

guyz question lang po...
Mad cno po ba dapat mag provide or mag consolidate ng APP... ask lang po Mad

thankz po !!!

zmack

Male Number of posts : 18
Company/Agency : local government unit
Occupation/Designation : administrative asistant II/BAC Member/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by zmack on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Gud Day po!!!

Regarding po sa APP.
un po sa procurement, fund from trust funds.
Bukod po ba ang gagawin na APP para doon?

Thankz again!! Very Happy

zmack

Male Number of posts : 18
Company/Agency : local government unit
Occupation/Designation : administrative asistant II/BAC Member/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:28 pm

zmack wrote:guyz question lang po...
Mad cno po ba dapat mag provide or mag consolidate ng APP... ask lang po Mad

thankz po !!!
excerpts from Section 7 of the Revised IRR of RA#9184 for your guidance.
Procurement Planning and Budgeting Linkage
section 7.1 xxxx
section 7.3.4. After the budget proposal has been approved by the Head of the Procuring Entityand/or other oversight bodies, the procuring entity’s budget office shall furnish a copy of the procuring entity’s budget proposal as well as the corresponding PPMPs to the BAC Secretariat for its review and consolidation into the proposed APP.
bounce

sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content