Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

Is GPPPI now open for membership?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is GPPPI now open for membership?

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:23 pm

If it is, can someone explain/elaborate how? Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Is GPPPI now open for membership?

Post by Niwram on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:37 am

I think the DBM can explain /elaborate how to become a member..
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:50 am

engrjhez® wrote:If it is, can someone explain/elaborate how? Very Happy

GPPPI is already accepting applications for membership.

I am inviting all the members of this forum who are government procurement practitioners, actually performing/discharging procurement-related functions (as members of BAC, BAC Secretariat, TWG, or procurement units, HOPE, Budget Officers, CTMs, and those from GPPB-TSO) to join the first such organization of government procurement practitioners in the Philippines.

Through GPPPI, at the very least, the demand of active forum members to meet ("eye-ball", if we may) could come into fruition. We have set January 2011 as our very first National Convention.

The GPPPI (SEC Reg. No. CN200916350) had its auspicious launching last February 5, 2010 at the Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Hotel in Pasig City. It was attended by most of the members of the GPPPI Advisory Council, who are procurement champions in their own right: DBM Sec. R. Andaya and Undersecretary Laura Pascua, DILG Usec. Austere Panadero, COA ASCOM Arcadio Cuenco, Jr., PS Exec. Dir. Estanislao Granados, GPPB-TSO Exec. Dir. Ruby Alvarez, Prof. Emilia Boncodin, Dr, Florello Estuar, AIM Dean Juan Miguel Luz, Engr. Teddy Encarnacion, Atty Cecilia Vales of the World Bank, and Engr. Cipriano Ravanes, Jr.

VISION: A dynamic organization of professionals championing procurement reforms to the highest ethical standards and excellence in public service.

MISSION: Develop and enhance the capacity of procurement practitioners through advocacy, continuing education, establishing linkages, and information exchange.

CORE VALUES: Good Governance, Proficiency, Perseverance, Public Accountability, and Integrity.

The Professional Development Committee, of which I am the current Chair, will also be looking for potential procurement trainers from among its members. I could already see the potentials of some of the active members of this forum.

While we are still to develop our selection criteria, let me advance the information that, once chosen, they will have to undergo a series of rigorous trainings of trainers and, for a starter, will help develop and enhance the capacity of the GPPPI members as procurement practitioners.

For those who are interested to join, kindly contact the persons mentioned under my signature below, or you could get in touch with me. Our website is still under development but could already be accessed, and the membership application form downloaded from there.

BE A PART OF THE GPPHIANS!!!

RDV @ GPPPI
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:01 pm

i like the idea direk, i believe there will be membership fee and other fees, may we know how much?
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:41 pm

amang1965 wrote:i like the idea direk, i believe there will be membership fee and other fees, may we know how much?

The membership fee is PhP500.00 and that is good for one (1) year. For the renewal on an annual basis, it is less than that. If I am not mistaken, around PhP300.00.

You will be issued an official GPPPI membership ID and a Certificate of Membership.

RDV @ GPPPI
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

GPPI Membership

Post by Berna on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:26 pm

RDV @ GPPPI wrote:
amang1965 wrote:i like the idea direk, i believe there will be membership fee and other fees, may we know how much?

The membership fee is PhP500.00 and that is good for one (1) year. For the renewal on an annual basis, it is less than that. If I am not mistaken, around PhP300.00.

You will be issued an official GPPPI membership ID and a Certificate of Membership.

RDV @ GPPPI

Can casual employees join the group sir?
Berna
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 115
Company/Agency : Calintaan Munti
Occupation/Designation : Clerk, BAC Sec
Registration date : 2010-02-02

http://ompassessor.com.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:06 pm

I was able to see the web of GPPPHIL last night .....
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:10 pm

it seems many are interested direk.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:14 pm

I will recommend this to my fellow PAGSO members....unfortunately some of them are still not members of the forum....this is a better tool to update you with latest issues/concerns.

msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:59 pm

msm326 wrote:I will recommend this to my fellow PAGSO members....unfortunately some of them are still not members of the forum....this is a better tool to update you with latest issues/concerns.

msm326 Very Happy

@ msm326: Even those who are not members of this forum are invited to join, including the PAGSO members, where you belong. You are most welcome.

@ Benadette Driza: So long as the casual employees are actually performing/discharging procurement related functions.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:36 pm

Sir RDV,
Thank you sir , I was able to get in touch with Engr Malou and she told me that the registration forms will be available mid March.

msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:59 pm

How about me, will I'll be allowed to be member? I have been re-assigned to a new task, it has nothing to do with procurement related matters. Question
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:15 am

sunriser431 wrote:How about me, will I'll be allowed to be member? I have been re-assigned to a new task, it has nothing to do with procurement related matters. Question

As of now, our rule is that, at the moment of application, the member-applicant should be actually performing procurement-related functions. I just hope that you will be designated soon in any procurement-related function, sunriser. You could be an asset to the organization.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:40 am

What are the qualifications to be a member?
Performing procurement related function enough?

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:48 am

Pritong Kandule wrote:What are the qualifications to be a member?
Performing procurement related function enough?

Kindly read my earlier post, PK. Do you have any suggestions? Suggestions are always welcome!
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:07 am

Thx. none at the moment po.

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:40 am

Sir RDV I want to ask if it is okay with you.. what are the benefits can we acheive in joining the GPPI? thanks..
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:00 pm

Niwram wrote:Sir RDV I want to ask if it is okay with you.. what are the benefits can we acheive in joining the GPPI? thanks..

Pres. Kennedy, in his Inaugural Speech, extolled the Americans: "Ask not what what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country." While the issue then was liberty or freedom, and the issue now is fight against corruption, but the way to preserve freedom or fight corruption is basically the same... People have to be rallied together for a cause. "What together we can do" was Pres. Kennedy's challenge for the world.

That is also our challenge. I know that as a member of GPPB-TSO, Niwran, you can contribute much to the GPPPI in the attainment of its vision of creating an organization of professionals championing procurement reforms to the highest ethical standards and excellence in public service.

The "benefit" on each member will be different, depending on what is his/her expectation in joining in any organization. I would no like to dwell on it, as yet.

RDV @ GPPPI
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:25 pm

thank you sir for the info.
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:53 pm

Niwram wrote:Sir RDV I want to ask if it is okay with you.. what are the benefits can we acheive in joining the GPPI? thanks..

I don't know if this is supposed to be a benefit or the other way around (i think it's both):

In the future, I see the the GPPPI as a potential candidate for the "endangered species" of Observers under RA.9184. Provided that no conflict of interest exists, a member of the GPPPI may far exceeds the qualifications of an Observer and should be comparable to COA.

Minsan kasi, there are observers from NGOs and even technical/professionals, pero hindi bihasa sa procurement law, so balewala din. And very few ang interested to attend even when invited several times. On the other hand, GPPPI members, i would presume, with their advocacy and great eagerness, is unquestionably a "force to reckoned with" by corrupt procurement practicioners.

So dapat din ba exempted na GPPPI members sa gun ban kapag nagkataon? (hahaha! peace!) Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:12 am

engrjhez® wrote:

I don't know if this is supposed to be a benefit or the other way around (i think it's both):

In the future, I see the the GPPPI as a potential candidate for the "endangered species" of Observers under RA.9184. Provided that no conflict of interest exists, a member of the GPPPI may far exceeds the qualifications of an Observer and should be comparable to COA.

Minsan kasi, there are observers from NGOs and even technical/professionals, pero hindi bihasa sa procurement law, so balewala din. And very few ang interested to attend even when invited several times. On the other hand, GPPPI members, i would presume, with their advocacy and great eagerness, is unquestionably a "force to reckoned with" by corrupt procurement practicioners.

So dapat din ba exempted na GPPPI members sa gun ban kapag nagkataon? (hahaha! peace!) Very Happy

We are definitely looking also in the direction of GPPPI to be given the status of "Observer" under R.A. 9184. In the future, with its vast membership that would be spread across the country, there will always be a GPPPI member, who is well informed about the law, that could be deployed as an Observer. The GPPPI will also be providing trainings for members who could be assigned as Observers in procurement activities of procuring entities other than their own, to avoid potential or actual conflict of interest. Definitely, I agree with you, engrjhez, the GPPPI will be a "force to reckon with" on all procurement-related matters.

RDV @ GPPPI
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:02 am

To all:

Its good to be back. Like what the song of John Denver says, "Country Road take me home where I belong". And I think I came home to a very auspicious time where membership to the GPPPI is the hot topic. But first< I hope I am still welcome and I think I have a lot of readings to do as I can see a lot of topics that has been discuss. I can also see that the tribe has increased. I congratulate those who worked hard that the flame has not dimmed. Kudos to everyone!
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:49 pm

RDV @ GPPPI wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:How about me, will I'll be allowed to be member? I have been re-assigned to a new task, it has nothing to do with procurement related matters. Question

As of now, our rule is that, at the moment of application, the member-applicant should be actually performing procurement-related functions. I just hope that you will be designated soon in any procurement-related function, sunriser. You could be an asset to the organization.
Thanks for the information Sir RDV, and Good luck to our new organization (GPPPI) cheers
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:20 am

jcolas wrote:To all:

Its good to be back. Like what the song of John Denver says, "Country Road take me home where I belong". And I think I came home to a very auspicious time where membership to the GPPPI is the hot topic. But first< I hope I am still welcome and I think I have a lot of readings to do as I can see a lot of topics that has been discuss. I can also see that the tribe has increased. I congratulate those who worked hard that the flame has not dimmed. Kudos to everyone!

Welcome come back to the forum, jcolas.

How was it, your absence, "almost heaven"?

Of course, welcome also to GPPPI. The moment the application forms are ready, I will attach the form here so that everybody who is interested and qualified (actually performing procurement-related functions) can download them.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:15 am

Sir RDV,
Thank you for the welcome. Yes, to be out from the BAC was practically heaven on earth. No deadline to meet; no hazzle, no pressures, and I was able to concentrate on my job; but its good to be back and I thank you for the welcome. More next time!
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down