RE:REHABILITATION OF DEEPWELL/WATER PUMPING STATION

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RE:REHABILITATION OF DEEPWELL/WATER PUMPING STATION

Post by amang'65 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:14 pm

for a project "REHABILITATION OF DEEPWELL", what bid docs should we use is it for goods or infra?
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: RE:REHABILITATION OF DEEPWELL/WATER PUMPING STATION

Post by Niwram on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:28 pm

If the primary purpose is to restore the deepwell then it is the bid docs for infra should be use.
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:13 pm

amang1965 wrote:for a project "REHABILITATION OF DEEPWELL", what bid docs should we use is it for goods or infra?

Perhaps it would be prudent to check the scope of work to be done. if its mostly about replacement of equipment baka goods lang...
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 218
Company/Agency : national government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Chair
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:16 pm

amang1965 wrote:for a project "REHABILITATION OF DEEPWELL", what bid docs should we use is it for goods or infra?
To better guide us of the decision, let us consult Section 5(u) of the IRR:

u) Infrastructure Projects. Include the construction, improvement, rehabilitation,
demolition, repair, restoration or maintenance of roads and bridges, railways,
airports, seaports, communication facilities, civil works components of information
technology projects, irrigation, flood control and drainage, water supply, sanitation,
sewerage and solid waste management systems, shore protection, energy/power
and electrification facilities, national buildings, school buildings, hospital buildings,
and other related construction projects of the government. For purposes of, and
throughout this IRR, the term “Infrastructure Projects” shall have the same meaning
as, and shall be used interchangeably with, “civil works” or “works”.

It should be clearer this way.Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:08 pm

at least with your opinion guys, i would be confident to argue what bid docs to be used during our scheduled pre-procurement confernce based of course from your opinion, thanks alot guys, i luv u people!!! Embarassed

on second thought, based on the same provison section 5(r) general support services fall under the definition of goods from which under the philGEPS, deepwell rehab falls under the category of general support services, doon ako nalito.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:32 am

amang1965 wrote:at least with your opinion guys, i would be confident to argue what bid docs to be used during our scheduled pre-procurement confernce based of course from your opinion, thanks alot guys, i luv u people!!! Embarassed

on second thought, based on the same provison section 5(r) general support services fall under the definition of goods from which under the philGEPS, deepwell rehab falls under the category of general support services, doon ako nalito.

If you will need a bidder with a PCAB license, then you use Civil Works bidding documents, otherwise, if it is just a minor rehabilitation that would not require a contractor with a PCAB license, it should just be procurement of general support services; hence, you use bidding documents for Goods.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:42 am

i really appreciate very much for all your insights/opinion, let me give a more detailed scenario:

name of project: rehabilitation of water pumping station
ABC: Php800,000.00

it is an exisiting water pump/station but it is quite old hence there is only little water being pumped out (sayang lang yung kuryente),there are several parts/materials to be replaced, like, pipes, fittings, submersible pump, and assorted cable. in general the job order is to supply labor and materials for the rehabilitation of the said water pumping station and therefore there is the need to replace these materials in order to provide water for a farm/station. ok, so once again guys your opinion, since the BAC decided to have it be Public Bidding, is the bid docs for goods or infra? (sorry po for not elaborating in detail in my earlier querry) thanks in advance.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:11 pm

amang1965 wrote:i really appreciate very much for all your insights/opinion, let me give a more detailed scenario:

name of project: rehabilitation of water pumping station
ABC: Php800,000.00

it is an exisiting water pump/station but it is quite old hence there is only little water being pumped out (sayang lang yung kuryente),there are several parts/materials to be replaced, like, pipes, fittings, submersible pump, and assorted cable. in general the job order is to supply labor and materials for the rehabilitation of the said water pumping station and therefore there is the need to replace these materials in order to provide water for a farm/station. ok, so once again guys your opinion, since the BAC decided to have it be Public Bidding, is the bid docs for goods or infra? (sorry po for not elaborating in detail in my earlier querry) thanks in advance.

With that amount it should really be Public Bidding.

From the information available, I would consider it procurement of Goods, unless you really wanted that a civil works contractor should be doing the job.

Despite my opinion, the procuring entity should really be in the best position to assess the situation, or to determine what is the primary purpose of the procurement, which would determine if it is procurement of Goods or Infra.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:52 pm

well as far as i am concern i would prefer considering the procurement as goods but then our engineering department insist that it should be done by contractors with PCAB license, however based on records there are suppliers of water pumps who are actually capabe of delivering the service needed and yet they do not have a PCAB license. anyways thanks a lot direk and so with all those who posted their opinion.

amang'65
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Have you tried other option like project undertaken " By Administration" Try this link http://www.gppb.gov.ph/cgi-bin/issuances/files/Pakyaw.pdf
n.b. In my opinion the Procurement of goods shall be applied but subject to the rules on public bidding
excerpt from the guidelines
a) In case of imminent danger to life or property during a state of calamity, or when time is of the essence arising from natural or man-made calamities or other causes where immediate action is necessary to prevent damage to or loss of life or property, or to restore vital public services, infrastructure facilities and other public utilities; xxx
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:31 pm

if only we have the technical capabilty in undertaken the project, why not? we could do it by "admin" the thing is the project requires some technical aspects which we are not capable of doing.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:10 am

amang1965 wrote:if only we have the technical capabilty in undertaken the project, why not? we could do it by "admin" the thing is the project requires some technical aspects which we are not capable of doing.
well taken, amang1965, my suggestion was base on the premise having your Engineering department prepare the Technical requirements, so I presume your agency have the required capability to undertake the project. Hopefully your agency can restore those vital services as soon as possible, with the on going of the "El Nino phenomenon" time is of the essence. Peace bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:25 am

as far as our engineering division is concerned, sila lang yung gumagawa ng mga plans/estimates/design but to undertake the project mismo, i think there are especial equipment needed yun wala kami. you are right sunriser, we really need to restore the pumping station immedately for the daily needs of the farm/station. well nways, thanks a lot for your opinion sunriser.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down