Latest topics

Hiring of US-Based Lobby and Law Firm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hiring of US-Based Lobby and Law Firm

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:06 pm

This was a question posted on the GPPB Online Forum at Facebook®. The inquirer was in the name of John Alliage Morales.

I would like to ask lang po. kapag po nag-hire ng services ang gobyerno ng US-based lobby and law firms na ang primary work is advising and consulting, kailangan po ba itong dumaan ng regular procurement process like competitive public bidding? Ano po ang dapat nilang i-undergo na proseso at ano po ang mga requirement?
I already made some answers but you could give your insights too. This was also posted here in hope to encourage Mr. Morales to participate in this forum. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Hiring of US-Based Lobby and Law Firm

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:44 am

You could use the alternative method of procuring consultants. Highly Technical Consultants.

Pero kung available ung expertise dito sa pinas bakit kelangan pang US based lobby? Anu kayang nature ng work US base din ba ung advisng and consulting work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:12 am

Pritong Kandule is correct that you can use Alternative Method of Procurement thru Highly Technical Consultant. But why procure US based Lobby and Consultant if our beloved country can provide such services which has the knowledge what is best for the country. however, if it is really needed to procure such services it must undergo the Competitive public bidding. opinion lng po.
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Thanks guys.

I also commented the same as to availability of local consultants and with regards to domestic preference.

To see the post in the Facebook® fan page, click here.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:04 pm

Niwram wrote:Pritong Kandule is correct that you can use Alternative Method of Procurement thru Highly Technical Consultant. But why procure US based Lobby and Consultant if our beloved country can provide such services which has the knowledge what is best for the country. however, if it is really needed to procure such services it must undergo the Competitive public bidding. opinion lng po.

Been absent from the forum for a few days and find a lot of exciting posts, but let me start with this.

I would just like to point out to Pritong Kandule and Niwram that the Nlternative Method of Negotiated Procurement for Highly Technical Consultants (Sec. 53.7) is only applicable for hiring "individual consultants." Since there was mention of a "firm", one of the conditions, which is applicability to hiring of individual consultants (only), would not be satisfied. Therefore, it could not be applicable.

RDV @ GPPPI
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:56 am

Sorry didn't notice that,
November 2009 the Highly Tech Consultants only apply to individuals Very Happy
GPPB Reso 6-2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:19 am

that's right there was already a resolution issued by the GPPB. So what mode of procurement shall be use for the procurement of consultant in this case? As what i have experience working in a law firm, although the firm was hired as a consultant, only one person in that firm having the expertise in that particular matter is giving advise. I think only the name of a law firm that being was used but actually only one individual in that firm was hired..
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top