deferred payments

View previous topic View next topic Go down

deferred payments

Post by bogkalabog on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:28 pm

good day to all,

we are planning to conduct bidding on the procurement of materials for our expansion project. for some reasons or another, our loan to be used for the project was delayed, but we have to go on with the public bidding because the project was already presented to the public. if we will go on with the bidding, is deferred payment allowed? can we include that it is a deferred payment in the invitation to bid? thanks
bogkalabog

Male Number of posts : 41
Company/Agency : Govt
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: deferred payments

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Is the loan already signed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:20 pm

bogkalabog wrote:good day to all,

we are planning to conduct bidding on the procurement of materials for our expansion project. for some reasons or another, our loan to be used for the project was delayed, but we have to go on with the public bidding because the project was already presented to the public. if we will go on with the bidding, is deferred payment allowed? can we include that it is a deferred payment in the invitation to bid? thanks

You can Continue with the bidding process already, but you must have a proof that the loan was granted. however as long as the budget was not yet issued you cannot award the contract.
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bogkalabog on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Niwram wrote:

You can Continue with the bidding process already, but you must have a proof that the loan was granted. however as long as the budget was not yet issued you cannot award the contract.

sir,

how about the deferred payment?
bogkalabog

Back to top Go down

Post by bogkalabog on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:43 pm

granted that the loan will no longer be granted, and the agency is already on its own, is deferred payment allowed?
bogkalabog

Back to top Go down

Post by bogkalabog on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:44 pm

Pritong Kandule wrote:Is the loan already signed?

noy yet sir.
bogkalabog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:52 pm

I asked this question becuase before you could procure there must be first an ABC. The loan was not yet signed therefore the budget is not yet approved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:59 pm

bogkalabog wrote:
Niwram wrote:

sir,

how about the deferred payment?

I dont think you can include deferred payment. but you can read Presidential Decree no. 82 regarding this matter.
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite

Back to top Go down

Post by bogkalabog on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:08 pm

i would like to re-state the question as simple as this (medyo nakagulo yata yung loan, sorry po): granting there is no loan and the ABC is too big for one (1) time payment after the delivery of goods, allowed po ba ang deferred payment? kung allowed maari po ba na i-state ito dun sa invitation to bid to let bidders know that the payment will be on a deferred basis?
bogkalabog

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:12 pm

what do you mean by deferred ba? wala kasing specific provision sa Revised IRR nyan..
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:59 pm

bogkalabog wrote:i would like to re-state the question as simple as this (medyo nakagulo yata yung loan, sorry po): granting there is no loan and the ABC is too big for one (1) time payment after the delivery of goods, allowed po ba ang deferred payment? kung allowed maari po ba na i-state ito dun sa invitation to bid to let bidders know that the payment will be on a deferred basis?

let me see if i got the facts right. Your LGU /agency applied for a loan and proceeded with the initial activities of the bidding perhaps pre-procurement and the initial preparation of the bid docs. Then you found out that malabo ang loan so your agency decided to do it on your own but the amount is too big you can possibly pay one shot. Which was why you are asking id deferred payment is allowed.

If that is more or less the case can you explain the payment period. Is it monthly semi-annually, annually, etc. The reason i ask is perhaps you may also look at the possibility of spreading out the delivery schedule in sync with your payment schedule ( we are allowed a maximum of 60 days after submission of claim) so baka di mo na kailangan ang deferred payment
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 218
Company/Agency : national government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Chair
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:13 pm

bogkalabog wrote:i would like to re-state the question as simple as this (medyo nakagulo yata yung loan, sorry po): granting there is no loan and the ABC is too big for one (1) time payment after the delivery of goods, allowed po ba ang deferred payment? kung allowed maari po ba na i-state ito dun sa invitation to bid to let bidders know that the payment will be on a deferred basis?
I think, you can specify the terms and conditions in the PBDs, ex. Partial delivery vis a vis partial payment, provided all information have to be address properly so prospective bidders will be guided accordingly. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:12 am

Ayon sa aking pananaliksik, as long as both parties agreed there is no problem. which must be stated in the Terms and Conditions.
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bogkalabog on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:12 am

thank you po sa lahat ng nagbigay ng comments, these will help a lot.
bogkalabog

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:27 am

you are welcome.
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top