Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

PD 1759 Penalizing Contractors and Subcontractors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PD 1759 Penalizing Contractors and Subcontractors

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:08 pm

For information purpose only.

MALACAĐANG
M a n i l a

PRESIDENTIAL DECREE No. 1759

PENALIZING CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS WHO VIOLATE ANY MATERIAL PROVISIONS OF CONTRACTS INVOLVING PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS OF THE GOVERNMENT, AND PUBLIC OFFICIALS WHO ALLOW SUCH VIOLATIONS, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES

WHEREAS, it has been observed that many government projects involving public works are being constructed below specifications as to materials, quality and quantity of work in violation of substantial provisions and requirements of the contract;

WHEREAS, the government has suffered tremendous losses as a result of said violations; and

WHEREAS, there is a necessity to curb this flagrant irregularities in the prosecution or execution of government projects;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President/Prime Minister of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the Constitution, do hereby order and decree:

Section 1. Any provisions of law to the contrary notwithstanding, contractors and sub-contractors who violate any material provisions of contracts involving public works projects, either as to materials, quality and quantity of work, resulting to the prejudice of the government, shall suffer the penalty of from twelve (12) years to life imprisonment at the discretion of the Court and shall, in addition suffer perpetual disqualification from participating in any government contracts.

The offending contractor or sub-contractor shall further be liable for the cost of reconstructing such public works project in accordance with the specifications agreed upon.

In case of corporations, partnerships or associations, the President, General Manager or any responsible chief executive officer/officers shall be liable.

Section 2. Any public official who, by reason of the duties of his office, shall consent, or through abandonment or negligence, permit the contractor of subcontractor to commit the violations mentioned in Section I hereof, shall suffer the penalty of from twelve (12) years to life imprisonment and perpetual disqualification to hold any public office.

Section 3. Any provisions of law, decree, executive order or any issuance inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed and/or modified accordingly.

Section 4. This Decree shall take effect immediately.

Done in the City of Manila, this 2nd day of January, in the year of Our Lord, nineteen hundred and eighty-one
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: PD 1759 Penalizing Contractors and Subcontractors

Post by Niwram on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:09 am

Thanks for the Info Sir. this is should I say good/better law that was passed. however, I don't think this was wisely implemented since the passing of this law. just a comment lang po according to my observation. Smile
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:01 pm

Its a 1980 law, many public official have been found guilt of the said law.

Thanks for the dig.

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 pm

Its just another friendly reminder. study
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07