Latest topics

BIDDING DOCUMENTS FEE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BIDDING DOCUMENTS FEE

Post by khalel on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:02 am

Does collection of the Bidding Documents Fee needs a corresponding Sqangguniang Panlungsod Resolution/Ordinance to take effect?

Last edited by dlsn on Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Unnecessary use of bold face)

khalel

Male Number of posts : 11
Company/Agency : City Government of Navotas
Occupation/Designation : Member TWG
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: BIDDING DOCUMENTS FEE

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:47 pm

Since the amount of bidding documents (bid docs fee, including eligibility fee, certified copy of minutes of the meeting, and other certifications) have no definite standards in the IRR-RA.9184 and since it may vary depending on the prescribed computations (from LGU Manual of Procurement), YES, there is a need to pass it on the Sanggunian.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:31 pm

How about it was only a resolution coming from the BAC and approved by the HOPE? Is it enough or it has a rule being violated? thanks and more power

slayer

Male Number of posts : 39
Company/Agency : Government Employee
Occupation/Designation : BAC Staff
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by shobe on Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:02 pm

Does collection of the Bidding Documents Fee needs a corresponding Sangguniang Panlungsod Resolution/Ordinance to take effect?

Dear Slayer:

As far as I can remember, the Approval of the Sanggunian, in so far as its local taxing authority is concerned, pertains only to its authority or power to impose a tax, fee, or charge or to generate revenue through an appropriate ordinance [section 132, LGC]. To my mind, the collection of fees for the bidding documents does not fall within said mandate, considering that these fees are not considered revenue.

In fact, the rationale for payment of the bidding documents is to augment the administrative costs related to a particular procurement activity: Said procurement activity, which, presumably has already gone through the process of approval, for purposes of appropriation, in the Sangguninan. To add, DBM Circular 2004-5A on honoraria, likewise mentioned that proceeds from the sale of bidding documents are one of the sources for the grant of honoraria. It is then my humble opinion that collection of fees for the sale of bidding documents has already been granted both in the aforementioned DBM Circular, as well, as in the IRR of the GPRA, and an additional ordinance from the Sanggunian is no longer required to make the same effective.

This is just my observation.
Smile i won't be sensitive if there's a rebuttal. promise. Very Happy
shobe
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 79
Company/Agency : Makati Firm
Occupation/Designation : Lawyer
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:09 am

Thanks Shobe,

I am also in to opinion that the BAC need not seek prior approval from the Sanggunian for the purposes of the Bidding Documents. In fact, the DBM have already prescribed a simple formula in determining the reasonableness of the Bidding Documents fee based on the parameters that may be determined after the approved APP. And since this fee is not categorized as a form of tax to introduce an income to the LGU, nor this is imposed on anyone other than the prosective bidders, the prescribed Bid Docs Fee as determined by the BAC may only need to furnish appropriate offices, including the Sanggunian, copies of its schedule and guidelines. Very Happy

PS:
I be careful this time with my jokes Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top