Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

What's a Ligaw na Binatog??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's a Ligaw na Binatog??

Post by orlan747 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:54 am

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet;" William Shakespeare.

He may be WORMAIXJR, PRITONG KANDULI or LIGAW NA BINATOG or any other name he may fancy calling himself in the near future, still his insights/opinions/rebuttals will be appreciated whether we agree with him or not. And hmmm, I have no quarrel with him personally but I have this nagging feeling that somehow this forum is not accorded the formality that it deserves. I may not be an active poster, but I am reading almost all the posts here on my frequent visits. Like a movie fan, I follow the posts of our esteemed posters like ENGRJHEZ, RDV, SUNRISER, RIDDLER, AMANG, MSM, DLSN, FE A. ARAYA, ATTY NIOBE, MSM (etc.) and lately that of CHARLIE BROWN and NIWRAM. Of course I can't help but follow the post of WORMAIXJR too. I felt a little uncomfortable when he called himself after his favorite dish, and now he is calling himself after a favorite snack? I don't mind his change of avatar from manny p. to that evermoving snake, it is the name I look at to identify the poster.

I do not know why I post this actually as I have no question nor a suggestion to make. Just a plain airing of discomfort I guess. And uh, sorry LIGAW NA BINATOG, as I said I have no personal quarrel against you. Cool
orlan747
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 93
Company/Agency : Golden OCS Construction
Occupation/Designation : Manager
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: What's a Ligaw na Binatog??

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:15 am

Well sorry for that. just having some fun lol! Sticking with ligaw na binatog (Maybe I change my name because I can shhh...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:42 am

no offense Ligaw na Binatog but I think this is not the proper forum to have some fun.. Laughing
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

What's a Ligaw na Binatog?

Post by fe a. araya on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:01 pm

Naintriga lang ako sa nilagay ni Ligaw na Binatog (whatever it is) na Emoticons. Does it mean "Ulol"? Sorry guys, am not very familiar with these icons and if ever the Admin will reprimand me for this post which has nothing to do with the issues on procurement, am really sorry. Medyo kelangan ko lang mag react. Peace!
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:32 pm

the emoticon that was used by ligaw na binatog means Laughing Out Loud (lol)..
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:01 am

Thanks, niwram for that info. At least, now I know that LOL stands for Laughing Out Loud HAHAHAHA!
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Berna on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Binatog is malagkit na mais with kinudkod na niyog at asukal, di ba?
Berna
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 115
Company/Agency : Calintaan Munti
Occupation/Designation : Clerk, BAC Sec
Registration date : 2010-02-02

http://ompassessor.com.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by orlan747 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:55 pm

Hmmm so when it is Ligaw na Binatog, is it a " mais na naligaw na ginawang binatog"? Shocked
orlan747
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 93
Company/Agency : Golden OCS Construction
Occupation/Designation : Manager
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:56 am

orlan747 wrote:Hmmm so when it is Ligaw na Binatog, is it a " mais na naligaw na ginawang binatog"? Shocked

I tried to search the meanings of "binatog" and "ligaw" in the online tagalog-english dictionary.

Binatog (pronounced binat´og) n. steamed or boiled grains of corn mixed with coconut gratings and salt.

Ligaw means to get lost, but I find interesting the related meaning of the word which says: "wild adj. 1 living in the forests, not tamed: mabangis, mailap, di maamo 2 not cultivated: ligaw 3 uncivi- lized, savage: mabangis, mailap, di sibilisado 4 with no people living in it: magubat, masukal, ilang 5 waste, desert: ilang, kaparangan 6 not checked, not restrained: walang taros 7 violent: malakas, marahas, malupit 8 rash: pabigla-bigla, padalus-dalos 9 stray: ligaw · n. wilds, thick forest: kagubatan, masinsing kasukalan"

Maybe, Ligaw na Binatog (previously Pritong Kanduli and previously Wormmaixjr) would just like to express his personality in the forum. I have that impression of him that he really wants to project his character, as still fresh from my mind was the "violent" flash animation he attached to his signature which raised some eyebrows (and/or strained some weary eyes).

This forum is being run by the Technical Support Office (TSO) of the GPPB, as an adjunct to the GPPB website. I would expect that people from that office should be the very first ones who should be ensuring that this forum is not only run professionally but also treated the same. People who wants to have some "fun" can still do so professionally, such as by placing any of the emoticons (cheers Very Happy affraid) but we need to also put a little restraint in our "fun".

LNB/PK/Wormaixjr is from TSO, although he has since taken out that info from his profile. I assume that he did it not to hide that fact, but to put a divide between official TSO opinions from the personal opinions of its staff. But we should still expect that, at the very least, he should treat not only this online forum but every forum member as professionally as possible.

Nothing personal, Wormaixjr aka Pritong Kandule aka Ligaw na Binatog. Very Happy
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks, sir RDV for the effort (research) to inform us members of the forum about "Ligaw na Binatog". And I salute you for that very appropriate advice. Truly, now ko lang nalaman na Wormaixr, Pritong Kandule and Ligaw na Binatog are the same person. Now I see and remember why there was an "itch" in my mind before to react (violently, but decided not to for fear of being reprimanded by Admin) on some posts by wormaixr which somehow seems to be conflicting/inconsistent with his being with the TSO (whom we regard as people to guide us) No offense meant, Sir Wormaixr, PK and LNB. Peace!.

If we like to have "fun",(but I am hesitant to believe that "fun" here means making "fun" of other members of the forum), then perhaps this is not the proper venue. And why is there a need to hide identity? (Just thinking out loud). I believe we should be responsible for whatever we post here, so why are we afraid that we can't "shhh?' (does this mean "shout!"? Peace to everybody.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:25 am

Ligaw na Binatog pertains to the way the binatog is being sold.

Kasi ung ung mga "naglalako" ng binatog madalas ay hindi nag titinda sa iisang lugar lang, madalas silang nagiiba ng daan paraa makakita ng bagong mamimili. Kaya minsan ung nag titinda ay naliligaw, kaya Ligaw na Binatog.

Sir RDV is right in his assumption that I would like to be known as a member of this forum and not as a TSO employee, that I would like to broaden my knowledge, base on the experiences of the members and base on the meaning of the provisions of the law. Obviously I have some conflicting idea or opinion of the facts which I am very glad to amend. However as a TSO member and if asked as a TSO member I would answer base on the provisions of the law without any of my opinion, and If I could not answer the question I try to seek the assistance of my senior officers.

If I offended any one of the members then I am sorry and try to behave myself for the meantime.

Back to top Go down

What's Ligaw na Binatog

Post by fe a. araya on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Hurray! Thanks for that explanation, LNB. Now, at least we know. No harm done.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:59 pm

Ligaw na Binatog wrote:Ligaw na Binatog pertains to the way the binatog is being sold.

Kasi ung ung mga "naglalako" ng binatog madalas ay hindi nag titinda sa iisang lugar lang, madalas silang nagiiba ng daan paraa makakita ng bagong mamimili. Kaya minsan ung nag titinda ay naliligaw, kaya Ligaw na Binatog.

Sir RDV is right in his assumption that I would like to be known as a member of this forum and not as a TSO employee, that I would like to broaden my knowledge, base on the experiences of the members and base on the meaning of the provisions of the law. Obviously I have some conflicting idea or opinion of the facts which I am very glad to amend. However as a TSO member and if asked as a TSO member I would answer base on the provisions of the law without any of my opinion, and If I could not answer the question I try to seek the assistance of my senior officers.

If I offended any one of the members then I am sorry and try to behave myself for the meantime.
Peace rules, cheers
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content