Latest topics

Pimentel urges investigation on the Comelec ballot folders

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pimentel urges investigation on the Comelec ballot folders

Post by jamsadain on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:02 pm

The two million ballot secrecy folder bought by the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) was said to be overpriced, revealed by Senate Minority Leader Aquilino Pimentel Jr. The ballot folders were alleged to be overpriced at P380 each. He said that "based on a tip from a reliable source, there had been no bidding for the folders." Further, Pimentel urges COMELEC Chairman Jose Melo to investigate the matter.

Read the full story at GMAnews.tv and The Manila Times.
jamsadain
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 55
Company/Agency : GPPB-TSO
Occupation/Designation : PMO I
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Pimentel urges investigation on the Comelec ballot folders

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:20 am

jamsadain wrote:
The two million ballot secrecy folder bought by the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) was said to be overpriced, revealed by Senate Minority Leader Aquilino Pimentel Jr. The ballot folders were alleged to be overpriced at P380 each. He said that "based on a tip from a reliable source, there had been no bidding for the folders." Further, Pimentel urges COMELEC Chairman Jose Melo to investigate the matter.

Read the full story at GMAnews.tv and The Manila Times.

Aside from the alleged overprice, another question that should be asked is whether COMELEC has complied with Sec. 4 of E.O. 423, as amended by E.O. 645, which provides that, for government contracts involving at least P500 million where the HOPE has determined that it falls under the exceptions for public bidding (meaning falling under any of the alternative methods of procurement), the HOPE is required to seek the prior approval of the GPPB that said procurement falls within the exceptions for public bidding and the specific alternative mode of procurement is appropriate.

Aside from failing to seek the prior approval of the GPPB, based on the news items, I personally believe that the alternative method of Direct Contracting, which was the method used in the said procurement, is not even appropriate.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:00 am

Good day to all members!
On the same issue, the Inquirer reported last April 8, 2010, that the BAC of the Comelec is in the hot seat or liable for corrupt practices. what about the BAC Secretariat? Wala ba sila kasalanan? what do you think?
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:06 am

Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!

I saw that on news earlier. Mukhang part of the excuse was "no money disbursed yet, thus nothing was disadvantageous to the govt yet. Pero why did the BAC resolved and recommended the procurement with the Notice of Award already issued?

Walang kawawa kundi ang supplier. Sad
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:51 am

I think the Notice of award, was cancelled. I' ll be on watch mode for any update bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:24 am

sunriser431 wrote:I think the Notice of award, was cancelled. I' ll be on watch mode for any update bounce

But the fact that a NOA has been issued, although withdrawn or canceled later, an investigation would still be in order.

According to news items the supplier has applied for a patent for the ballot secrecy folder just days before it is about to get the contract. If that is the case, at the time that the BAC recommended for Direct Contracting as a mode of procurement, the condition under Sec. 50(a), which is procurement of goods of proprietary nature where patents prohibit others from manufacturing the same, would not have been satisfied. At that time, this condition is not yet present, hence, I believe, there is no basis for DC.

N.B.

Finally, I was able to reach 800 posts Very Happy Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:04 am

RDV @ GPPPI wrote:
N.B.

Finally, I was able to reach 800 posts Very Happy Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Welcome to the Elite status! Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:16 pm

To all members of the forum;
The action of the COMELEC in absolving themselves immediately and the proper government bodies mum on the subject only shows the presence of double standard of justice. Although, the NOA was cancelled, the intent of the COMELEC is very clear and that is to make an award. "Nabuko" lang sila and so they immediately cancelled the NOA. It is basic in law, that the presence of the intent to commit a crime is still punishable; and an investigation is in order as RDV has claimed. Eh matataas na tao ang mga yan eh kaya the wheels of justice moves so very slow. Paanu kaya kung tayo gumawa non? So forum members, be very very sure of your action.
For information, the PALAROng Pambansa is now on its second blistering day!!!
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down