Forms and Procedures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forms and Procedures

Post by sagi on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:42 am

Hello everyone! i'm so thankful to drop by this site. Marami po akong query. You see i've been in the BAC Secretariat for two years, i'm from the ARMM by the way. in that duration po i only attended one seminar pero kasi naman po in a year we only conduct at most 5 biddings. I have just been following the instructions and yung mga works po nang previous sec but as i have read the updates nalilito na po ako. First may i know po if the Invitation to bid is the same as the Bid data sheet? it seems po kasi na yung nasanayan namin na process is far way from the proper procedures. Thanks po!
sagi

Female Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

Forms and procedure

Post by fe a. araya on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:21 am

Welcome to the forum, sagi. ITB and Bid Data sheet are two different document. ITB is the Invitation to Bid (for Goods & Infra), Request for Expression of Interest (for Consulting) and RFQ for SVP (including shopping). These documents as the name implies are invitations to prospective bidders/suppliers which we post in the PhilGEPS, agency website and at conspicuous place in the office of the procuring entity. While the Bid Data Sheet (BDS) are specific requirements to prospective bidders based on Section II Instruction to Bidders (which cannot be changed) of the Phil. Bidding Documents (PBDs) for each type of procurement. Any changes or specific instruction for Clauses in the Instruction to Bidders applicable to your procurement are stated in the BDS.

Please refer to the different PBDs which are found in the Downloadable Section of GPPB website. I hope this infor will help. Talagang makakalito if di tau hands on as BAC Secretariat. So we really have to read read read and digest what's in the revised IRR for what has been the policy before na sabi mo nga kinasanayan na at naipasa sau ng naunang BAC Sec, may no longer be applicable today.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Forms and Procedures

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:37 pm

fe a. araya wrote:Welcome to the forum, sagi. ITB and Bid Data sheet are two different document. ITB is the Invitation to Bid (for Goods & Infra), Request for Expression of Interest (for Consulting) and RFQ for SVP (including shopping). These documents as the name implies are invitations to prospective bidders/suppliers which we post in the PhilGEPS, agency website and at conspicuous place in the office of the procuring entity. While the Bid Data Sheet (BDS) are specific requirements to prospective bidders based on Section II Instruction to Bidders (which cannot be changed) of the Phil. Bidding Documents (PBDs) for each type of procurement. Any changes or specific instruction for Clauses in the Instruction to Bidders applicable to your procurement are stated in the BDS.

Please refer to the different PBDs which are found in the Downloadable Section of GPPB website. I hope this infor will help. Talagang makakalito if di tau hands on as BAC Secretariat. So we really have to read read read and digest what's in the revised IRR for what has been the policy before na sabi mo nga kinasanayan na at naipasa sau ng naunang BAC Sec, may no longer be applicable today.

Maybe sagi got confused with the acronym ITB. He thought it to mean Invitation to Bid when actually it is referring to the Instruction to Bidders, the original ITB. To avoid confusion, let us refer Invitation to Bid only as IB.

If the ITB really refers to the Instruction to Bidders, then it refers to that part of the standardized bidding documents we call the PBDs (or Philippine Bidding Documents). The ITB is no other but a standard instruction to the bidders that should guide interested bidders in preparing and submitting responsive bids. The BAC is not allowed to tamper with the ITB, since we are required to use the same "unchanged". Because of that prohibition to change the ITB, that is where the BDS (Bid Data Sheet) will come in. Any changes, modifications, additional information to be provided by the procuring entity, which are specific to the contract to be bid, will be indicated in the BDS. In effect, the ITB and BDS are inseparable partners. If you read the ITB provisions, there are references being made to the BDS. In the corresponding BDS section (same section/sub-section number as the ITB), that is where the procuring entity will place any changes or additional instructions to the ITB. If there is none, the instruction normally indicated is to put: "No Further Instructions" or something similar.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:32 am

sagi wrote:Hello everyone! i'm so thankful to drop by this site. Marami po akong query. You see i've been in the BAC Secretariat for two years, i'm from the ARMM by the way. in that duration po i only attended one seminar pero kasi naman po in a year we only conduct at most 5 biddings. I have just been following the instructions and yung mga works po nang previous sec but as i have read the updates nalilito na po ako. First may i know po if the Invitation to bid is the same as the Bid data sheet? it seems po kasi na yung nasanayan namin na process is far way from the proper procedures. Thanks po!
Try the following links, ( use the "Table of Contents" as your guide). Hope this would be of help. bounce
http://www.gppb.gov.ph/downloadables/forms/PBD.GOODS.doc
http://www.gppb.gov.ph/downloadables/forms/PBD.INFRA.doc
http://www.gppb.gov.ph/downloadables/forms/PBD.CONS.doc
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down