PhilGEPS Training

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PhilGEPS Training

Post by jcolas on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:44 pm

I just received a memorandum from the Undersecretary of Finance and Administration addressed to all Regional Directors informing all procurement practitioners of a training program to be conducted by PhilGEPS. fOR lUZON AREA, IT WILL BE ON aPRIL 28-30, 2010 and for VizMin area, it is scheduled on May 19-21, 2010. PhilGEPS will bear all expenses. The training will be to come up with a pool of trainors who will form part of the PhilGEPS team of trainers for the Training Roll out which will start June.

This is a laudable moVe by PhilGEPS as it will create a pool of trainers which can train suppliers to be internet savvy.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:40 am

This is a good opportunity for every one especially those who have difficulties in using the PHILGEPS website.
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Actually, there is an update from Ms. Jane of PhilGEPS. Sked for Luzon was moved to May 17-21 while VizMin, TBD (I don't know what this means). Accordingly, they are still in the process of reviewing the qualifications of the nominees for this training, result of which shall be disseminated thru the HOPE of the nominating agency.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:42 pm

Yes, mam fe. I was informed by our central office of the new schedule. The training will go a long way in making procurement practitioners internet savvy.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

PhilGEPS Training

Post by fe a. araya on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:19 am

Gud am. Join ka ba sa training? Luzon group ka ba? This training is very timely kasi nga we need more knowledge in the application of the PhilGEPS requirements. Buti ka nga siguro expert na sa computer and internet. Kami dito (as BAC Secretariat) medyo may kakulangan pa sa application ng mechanics. Kayanin kaya namin ito as trainors in the future?
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:58 pm

Seems that I missed this post all the while. But better late than never. I received a formal invitation from Dir.Granados inviting me to join the PhilGEPS Trainer's Training next week at Lancaster Hotel, Manila (3rd Batch). I hope to be part of the PhilGEPS National Pool of Trainers after that.

This was in line with Phase 5 - Online Bid Submission which will take effect by 1st quarter next year.

Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Truly, it's better late than never (you may regret it) But welcome to the club sir engrjhez. I know you'll enjoy it. Thanks to the facilitators
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:18 am

Good Evening Maam Fe! After passing the exam two months ago, I made some proposed schedules for trainings for our field offices; but our central office issued a memo deferring the conduct of trainings. Buti pa kau ni Big Ben, nakapagsimula na. I will be needing your inputs when I will start the real thing. I hope you can help me on that.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:58 am

Gd am, sir jcolas. I understand it's not we who will schedule the PhilGEPS training. The PhilGEPS thru the eBBS Training Coordinators are the ones preparing the sked. They just inform us. And they invite the participants from all offices (NGAs, LGUs, SUCCs, GOCCs, etc.). I think we can't just conduct the training on our own. Di ba remember during our trainors trng, I asked if we can already conduct the trng with our own people in our agency (for re-echo) after the trng. And the eBBS facilitator, I think it was Mam Beth, replied that it's not because we already completed our trainers trng, we can do it on our own. May proceso we have to follow. Kami ni Benjie, we just wait for the training coordinator assigned by the eBBS to call or text us regarding our sked (alternate kami).
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:08 pm

Good Afternoon maam Fe. I do remember that but actually I met already our eBBSI Training Coordinator for Region 02 and she said for me to prepare a schedule. I actually finished the schedule but I can not submit it to our Regional Director for his signature before this is issued to the field in view of a department memo deferring the conduct of trainings. So I have to wait for the lifting of that memo. Thank you anyway and I hope to be receiving feed backs from you and Big Ben when I start to conduct my own.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Training of Trainors for Luzon
The PhilGEPS, together with the World Bank and Asian Development Bank as our development partners, will hold its 3rd batch of Training of Trainors (TOT) representing government agencies nationwide. The training workshop will be held at the Lancaster Hotel, Shaw Blvd., Mandaluyong City from Sept. 28 to October 1, 2010 with about 40 participants nominated by their respective agencies.

http://www.philgeps.net/#
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:30 pm

With your expertise in RA 9184, you will be an asset there, Sir Engrjhez.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:28 pm

Gd pm sir jcolas. Different strategy siguro ang mga eBBS coordinators. But come to think of it, kelangan ba aprubahan ng department head natin, as in your case,DepED, ung sked natin to conduct training? If I remember it right, the letter of the PhilGEPS to our heads regarding our accreditation specifically requests them to allow us to go out on official time to conduct training but they do not have hand in the approval of the sked. They may or may not allow us but the sked of the training is there already. Just thinking PEACE
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:42 pm

"Fe a. araya wrote"

If I remember it right, the letter of the PhilGEPS to our heads regarding our accreditation specifically requests them to allow us to go out on official time to conduct training

Maam Fe. My Director has not received a letter from PhilGEPS as regards my accreditation as a trainer. I only learned about it when I was e-mailed by philGEPS that I passed. Bakit kaya? further more, our Central Office issued a department order, requiring submission of proposed tainings and seminars to a review committe at the CO, and that pending the issuance of authority to conduct, trainings and seminar/workshops are deferred.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Perhaps what your CO means are in-house training by your agency and not concerning PhilGEPS training. Meron pa ipapadala si Ms Jane thru your email na official letter informing your head that you are already accredited PhilGEPS trainer after having passed the compre exam. Just be patient darating din yan. Passing the exams is just one step away from being accredited. Congrats, sabi ko sau kaya mo yan. Go, go, go! Kelan kaya uli tau meet? Sana patawag tau for a year-end assessment session para kita kita tau sa batch.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:36 pm

How about us here way downsouth? Are we left behind again? Hopefully not bounce Peace
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:31 pm

No sir Sunriser, you are not being left behind. There was a training conducted way back in August of this year for the VisMin Group. I know this as one of the participants is a friend and my counterpart in Region 11, Sir Alim Maguindanao. I suggest that you call up Sir Joele Eayte of philGEPS for more information.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:04 pm

jcolas wrote:No sir Sunriser, you are not being left behind. There was a training conducted way back in August of this year for the VisMin Group. I know this as one of the participants is a friend and my counterpart in Region 11, Sir Alim Maguindanao. I suggest that you call up Sir Joele Eayte of philGEPS for more information.
Its okay,having all of you guys here in this forum would be enough for me cheers
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:46 am

Hello sunriser. Attendance to PhilGEPS trainers' training is different from what we are trying to discuss here in this forum. Most discussions here focus on the implementation of the IRR of RA 9184. While PhilGEPS trainers training concentrates on making us, procurement practitioners, capable of conducting training of other practitioners of different agencies as well as suppliers/dealers/contractors. The objective is to make them hands-on on the implementation of the provisions in the IRR particularly the use of the PhilGEPS.

We hope you can join us. It's another learning for us. It's fulfilling cheers
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:41 pm

jcolas, fe araya,

Just concluded PhilGEPS Trainers' Training Course today, excitedly took the exam and after the "class picture" taking, I submitted all my answers. I asked Sir Joele to check the rest that needs manual scoring para di ko na antayin. Pumayag naman siya... and thankful to learn that I've passed.

Now, we are in one family na talaga, haha! Good luck sa roll out natin! Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:09 pm

engrjhez® wrote:
jcolas, fe araya,

Just concluded PhilGEPS Trainers' Training Course today, excitedly took the exam and after the "class picture" taking, I submitted all my answers. I asked Sir Joele to check the rest that needs manual scoring para di ko na antayin. Pumayag naman siya... and thankful to learn that I've passed.

Now, we are in one family na talaga, haha! Good luck sa roll out natin! Smile
Good evening engrjhez, may I ask, what the training all about? bounce not neccesarily the details.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Wow, congrats sir engrjhez! You mean right after the trng today nacomplete mo all the learning modules? ang dami kaya un! GAling mo talaga. While kami it took us several days pa after the trng before we completed the modules (dami dami kaya readings) and after macomplete saka lang pina take ng comprehensive exams. WELCOME TO THE CLUB Very Happy
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:15 pm

fe a. araya wrote:Wow, congrats sir engrjhez! You mean right after the trng today nacomplete mo all the learning modules? ang dami kaya un! GAling mo talaga. While kami it took us several days pa after the trng before we completed the modules (dami dami kaya readings) and after macomplete saka lang pina take ng comprehensive exams. WELCOME TO THE CLUB Very Happy
Actually, nag-advance reading na ako by Day 3 and I realized that the modules simply taught us how to use the PhilGEPS site. As a Buyer Coordinator, and a practitioner of the site, I am at my 'comfort zone' starting with the Buyer module. So, I have requested to open the Comprehensive Exam module (on Day 4) after have finished all the lecture modules. I just have worries on the Supplier module then 'coz I was unfamiliar with it. Pero lakasan lang ng loob. I was doing the exam while the others are doing hands-on. The last part I took was Supplier Module 3 and nagpi-picture taking na kami noon after we received the certificates. It paid off naman.

And you were right. It was truly fulfilling. Smile

Last edited by engrjhez® on Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:08 pm

sunriser431 wrote:
Good evening engrjhez, may I ask, what the training all about? bounce not neccesarily the details.
It's a Trainer's Training Course for the roll-out of PhilGEPS. It was supported by ADB and WB and the purpose of which is to establish National Pool of Trainers to conduct seminars and trainings on the use of PhilGEPS for both government (buyer) and bidders(supplier). This was in preparation for the next phases of PhilGEPS development: Virtual Store and Online Bid Submission.

There will be more Batches of Trainers' Training and I think the next one is to be held at Mindanao. You are highly encouraged to participate and be part of the team. The program will sponsor all your expenses as to transportation and accommodation. If you know more advocates there willing to become trainers (very soon), please spread the word. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:10 am

engrjhez® wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:
It's a Trainer's Training Course for the roll-out of PhilGEPS. It was supported by ADB and WB and the purpose of which is to establish National Pool of Trainers to conduct seminars and trainings on the use of PhilGEPS for both government (buyer) and bidders(supplier). This was in preparation for the next phases of PhilGEPS development: Virtual Store and Online Bid Submission.

There will be more Batches of Trainers' Training and I think the next one is to be held at Mindanao. You are highly encouraged to participate and be part of the team. The program will sponsor all your expenses as to transportation and accommodation. If you know more advocates there willing to become trainers (very soon), please spread the word. Smile
Thanks engrjhez for the information. I' ll be on watch mode for the "Trainers' Training" here way downsouth ,hopefully my agency permits us to attend such activities. Peace. Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down