Latest topics

PhilGEPS Training

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PhilGEPS Training

Post by jcolas on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Just concluded PhilGEPS Trainers' Training Course today, excitedly took the exam and after the "class picture" taking, I submitted all my answers. I asked Sir Joele to check the rest that needs manual scoring para di ko na antayin. Pumayag naman siya... and thankful to learn that I've passed.

Now, we are in one family na talaga, haha! Good luck sa roll out natin!

Congratulations Sir engrjhez! Passing the comprehensive Exam hours before the training is no mean feat. For us members of the first batch, it took us days to pass the exam. Now you are ready to conduct trainings for buyers and suppliers group. I have been harping about this in the past. Marami dyan na di pa marunong mag post at mag respond through the philgeps. E2 ang problema talaga. How to reach out to this illiterate brothers and sisters is our concern. In your part of the world, you can now help in educating that their is no other way but the philGEPS way. Congrats again and welcome to the tribe.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:22 pm

Thanks engrjhez for the information. I' ll be on watch mode for the "Trainers' Training" here way downsouth ,hopefully my agency permits us to attend such activities. Peace.

Sir sunriser, I advise that you call up Sir Joelle and inform him that you are interested to join the trainer's training. That will assure you a slot. do it sir!!!
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:59 pm

jcolas wrote:
Congratulations Sir engrjhez! Passing the comprehensive Exam hours before the training is no mean feat. For us members of the first batch, it took us days to pass the exam. Now you are ready to conduct trainings for buyers and suppliers group. I have been harping about this in the past. Marami dyan na di pa marunong mag post at mag respond through the philgeps. E2 ang problema talaga. How to reach out to this illiterate brothers and sisters is our concern. In your part of the world, you can now help in educating that their is no other way but the philGEPS way. Congrats again and welcome to the tribe.
It was a great gamble doing the 'comprehensive' exams while it should be 'hands on' pa lang. You were right na it will really take days to complete all the modules. Sir Joele even told us na the fastest from the 2nd batch completed the module and exam in one week. But as I was looking on the modules and to the discussion of Mr. Lito Cueto, I was convinced that e-learning can really be adjusted at your own learning styles and pacing. I was actually only the second in the batch whose compre exam modules are opened. But confident to have mastered the ins and outs of the PhilGEPS, I took the risks, and finished it first. Sabi nga "No Guts, No Glory".

But the exam was not the end. It was actually the beginning of a huge campaign to resolve information deficit on buyers and suppliers alike. The real exam is out there, when actual training is conducted. And as advocates of procurement reform, we should really go out of the box and join the 'war' out there. Smile

Last edited by engrjhez® on Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:20 pm

jcolas wrote:Thanks engrjhez for the information. I' ll be on watch mode for the "Trainers' Training" here way downsouth ,hopefully my agency permits us to attend such activities. Peace.

Sir sunriser, I advise that you call up Sir Joelle and inform him that you are interested to join the trainer's training. That will assure you a slot. do it sir!!!

Sunriser,

I suggest you do the same thing I did. I was not formally endorsed or nominated by our office. But I sent my personal letter of intent thru fax at the PhilGEPS (Attn: Mr. Joele Eayte). I only asked permission from office to attend after I received a call from PhilGEPS later that I was considered with an invitation letter signed by Executive Director Granados about the Training. They will also send you a two-page questionnaire that you would send back for confirmation. No need to worry on expenses, 'coz you can reimburse travelling cost from the PhilGEPS. Hotel accommodation is free (as the 4-day seminar is live-in). In my case, I have nothing to reimburse kasi Mandaluyong is only about 20km away from home. I was carpooled by my cousins working nearby whenever I travel to and from home (may araw na umuwi din kasi ako). I just don't know where would be the venue but I'm sure the next one is down there south.

From what I remember, Trainers' Training Course will be once every two (2) months. But to reach the target number of trainers, they may have to conduct it more frequently to beat their deadline on 2011. And you are undoubtedly one essential person to comprise the National Pool of Trainers.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by firstlady_5167 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:52 pm

Good afternoon. I am interested to attend the PhilGEPS training. Where can we verify for the schedule of training? Please advice. Thank you
firstlady_5167
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 60
Company/Agency : City Government of Tacloban
Occupation/Designation : Asst. Statistician/BAC Sec
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:36 pm

Good afternoon. I am interested to attend the PhilGEPS training. Where can we verify for the schedule of training? Please advice. Thank you

Please call up Sir Joelle Eayte at the following numbers for more information regarding the training: 02-477-3912/02-570-8850/02-576-7642/0908-4225879/0921-8483962
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:58 pm

firstlady_5167 wrote:Good afternoon. I am interested to attend the PhilGEPS training. Where can we verify for the schedule of training? Please advice. Thank you

For Trainers' Training Course, please contact the PhilGEPS on the number provided by jcolas above.

For buyer or supplier training, please contact eBBSi President and CEO, Ms. Elizabeth M. Perez via email at: eperez@eblackboards.com, or via phone at: 477-3912 / 570-8850/ 576-7642/ 743-1898 or via mobile phone at: 0921-8483962 or eBBSi Director for Training and Operations, Mr. Lito Cueto via email at: lcueto@eblackboards.com, or via mobile phone at: 0908-4225879, or you may visit eBBSi office at Unit 1020, 10/F, Cityland Tower Shaw, St. Francis St., cor. Shaw Blvd., Mandaluyong City.

eBlackBoards Solutions, Inc. (eBBSi) is an e-learning and IT Consulting organization that provides online supplemental training and educational tools that aim to complement the learning process of its clients, transporting them from traditional classrooms to a world of inter-relations and inter-connections thus providing a more holistic perspective of Learning as a whole - from local to global..and vice-versa.

On April 30, 2010, the Procurement Service - Department of Budget & Management (PS-DBM) entered into a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with eBlackBoard Solutions, Inc. (eBBSi) to support the training rollout of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and develop the capacities of all government agencies and all entities transacting with government (manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, contractors, consultants), on the use of the PhilGEPS, thus promoting transparency and accountability in governance.

By virtue of the signed MOA, eBBSi has been deputized to act as the PhilGEPS Training organizer and event manager for the rollout implementation of the PhilGEPS Training, which technically commenced on May 1, 2010.

eBlackBoards Solutions, Inc. (eBBSi) is an e-learning and IT Consulting organization that provides online supplemental training and educational tools that aim to complement the learning process of its clients, transporting them from traditional classrooms to a world of inter-relations and inter-connections thus providing a more holistic perspective of Learning as a whole - from local to global..and vice-versa. On April 30, 2010, the Procurement Service - Department of Budget & Management (PS-DBM) entered into a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with eBlackBoard Solutions, Inc. (eBBSi) to support the training rollout of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and develop the capacities of all government agencies and all entities transacting with government (manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, contractors, consultants), on the use of the PhilGEPS, thus promoting transparency and accountability in governance. By virtue of the signed MOA, eBBSi has been deputized to act as the PhilGEPS Training organizer and event manager for the rollout implementation of the PhilGEPS Training, which technically commenced on May 1, 2010.

Source: PhilGEPS Training Secretariat
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:07 pm

My staff was disappointed when they attended the training on PHILGEPS who accredited a training arm to handle the said training. On the venue, facilities, food and materials ....I hope this will not happen and this will not be another income generating training ....We send 8 members of the secretariat and all of them were terribly disgusted .
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:17 pm

msm326 wrote:My staff was disappointed when they attended the training on PHILGEPS who accredited a training arm to handle the said training. On the venue, facilities, food and materials ....I hope this will not happen and this will not be another income generating training ....We send 8 members of the secretariat and all of them were terribly disgusted .
msm326 Very Happy

May I know if they attended a Buyer Training or a Trainer's Training? When and where? Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Perhaps, the PhilGEPS thru the "accredited arm" should look into the post evaluation sheet submitted by the participants on the last day of trng. Para malaman kung saan ba nagkulang ang nag conduct ng trng. or can we improve some more to make it more effective. For our part as Trainers, we would like to be assessed on our performance, how we do it (trng) thru the post evaluation made by the participants, so that if there is a need to improve or to change, then we will be guided.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:05 pm

Rightly said maam fe. The roll out is one of the innovations by the PhilGEPS and so we should expect some birth pains, as they say; but this should not be enough reason for the PhilGEPS Trainers to give half baked services to our clientile. There will always be problems that we encounter along the way, but tthis problems should instead energize us. Thank you msm326 for the reminders.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:15 pm

msm326 wrote:My staff was disappointed when they attended the training on PHILGEPS who accredited a training arm to handle the said training. On the venue, facilities, food and materials ....I hope this will not happen and this will not be another income generating training ....We send 8 members of the secretariat and all of them were terribly disgusted .
msm326 Very Happy
I do share your sentiments "msm326", especially on the Facilities available to participants, looking wayback thru the years, my first hands on in using the simulation PHILGEPS portals in posting of bid opportunities, imagine we are about 5 participants sharing 1 computer, how one can expect to learn, if 4 others are on the waiting list and time not on our side. Peace bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by dpwh_esed on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:09 am

Hello Ma'am,

Is there any schedule of PHILGEPS Buyers training/Seminars in the Visayas Region preferably in Region VIII for the month of December?

dpwh_esed
dpwh_esed

Male Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : DPWH
Occupation/Designation : Engineer II / Head BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2010-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:26 am

dpwh_esed wrote:Hello Ma'am,

Is there any schedule of PHILGEPS Buyers training/Seminars in the Visayas Region preferably in Region VIII for the month of December?

dpwh_esed

Welcome to this forum, fellow CE as we celebrate Civil Engineering Week!

As of now, the schedules are only for Luzon. (please see this link)

But don't worry, we already have Certified PhilGEPS Trainers for Visayas region waiting to be deployed. Please bear with us. Smile

PS: Its a "sir" po if you are pertaining to anyone but Ms. Fe Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by suizoph on Tue May 03, 2011 2:56 pm

Do we have a scheduled Training in Iloilo or in any part of Visayas for this year 2011? If there is, can U please send us an invitation the earliest possible time? Thanks

suizoph

Female Number of posts : 18
Company/Agency : BAC Iloilo
Occupation/Designation : Head, BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Tue May 03, 2011 7:07 pm

jhez, I noted the Luzon sked is not updated. We, in R-5, are still waiting for the advice of eBBSi when is the next sked. Since December 2010, we have not conducted any. Our previous trainees are now asking me when is the next sked because they are recommending another batch from their offices to attend. I hope the PhilGEPs can do something about this to sustain the eagerness of our would-be participants. Sayang! They are even inviting me to conduct lecture in their respective offices but I politely decline, for obvious reasons. Baka itakwil tayo ni mam beth hehehe
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue May 03, 2011 9:27 pm

fe a. araya wrote:jhez, I noted the Luzon sked is not updated. We, in R-5, are still waiting for the advice of eBBSi when is the next sked. Since December 2010, we have not conducted any. Our previous trainees are now asking me when is the next sked because they are recommending another batch from their offices to attend. I hope the PhilGEPs can do something about this to sustain the eagerness of our would-be participants. Sayang! They are even inviting me to conduct lecture in their respective offices but I politely decline, for obvious reasons. Baka itakwil tayo ni mam beth hehehe

Yes, the schedules online are not updated. In fact, I have conducted a number of trainings since January but it has not been posted in any of their schedules. I have schedules on May 19-20, and 24-25 both for buyer modules. Sad to hear that Region 5 was becoming idle considering that if you look on the Online Training site, Region 5 was actually "featured".

I also have invites from the Visayas region (coz most of my participants in the past trainings were from Visayas) but I told them to request it from the PhilGEPS. I hope they can do something about this. Focus on trainers who are less loaded, and try to balance the training loads. If possible, I think there is also a need to upgrade the capacity of www.training.philgeps.net and the LMS especially when the trainings are done simultaneously. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by suizoph on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:32 pm

May I inquire if there are updates in terms of PHILGEPS postings and related concerns? Is there a training for this concern? If there is may we know where and when?

suizoph

Back to top Go down

Post by suizoph on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:36 pm

I would like to make a follow up on our request for additional account in order for us to post all the documents needed for posting on time. As of this time we are lagging behind cuz we only have one account. What do you suggest we do so that we may be given additional account to post our notices of awards, NTP PO, Contracts and other documents as required by COA.

suizoph

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:51 pm

suizoph wrote:May I inquire if there are updates in terms of PHILGEPS postings and related concerns? Is there a training for this concern? If there is may we know where and when?

Yes there are a lot of updates being discussed from time to time. Please coordinate with the PhilGEPS Training Secretariat >>> http://philgepstraining.net/sites/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44&Itemid=66

Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:54 pm

suizoph wrote:I would like to make a follow up on our request for additional account in order for us to post all the documents needed for posting on time. As of this time we are lagging behind cuz we only have one account. What do you suggest we do so that we may be given additional account to post our notices of awards, NTP PO, Contracts and other documents as required by COA.

You can create new buyer accounts yourselves. You only need to identify your Buyer Coordinator to do that. That is also being discussed in the Buyer Training Module of the PhilGEPS Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by punta national high schoo on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:14 pm

wala ko say , kasi hindi pa ako, kami na train, if ever we are waiting for a schedule in mindanao particularly here in Dipolog City or in Zaboanga Penisula this year 2012.

punta national high schoo

Female Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : Dep Ed
Occupation/Designation : high school
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:42 pm

punta national high schoo wrote:wala ko say , kasi hindi pa ako, kami na train, if ever we are waiting for a schedule in mindanao particularly here in Dipolog City or in Zaboanga Penisula this year 2012.
Have you tried to contact Deped region in your area? or you might as well do some readings. Follow the LINK . Good luck. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down