Latest topics

Posting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Posting

Post by fastmuv2 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:27 pm

Last June 12 2010, DEPED Batangas posted schedule for the project construction of classrooms. Come Sunday, the schedule was still there, by MONDAY(holiday), nawala na. The prebid was scheduled JUNE 13. So we went to batangas (were from tarlac) and arrived there around 9am, pinabalik kami dahil 1.30 ang prebid. Pagbalik namin, walang prebid. apparently nagresign daw ang bac chair according sa isang engr. the next day, according to the bac secretary, wala pa daw schedule. ika cluster pa daw. NO bid bulletins or any announcements were made.
is it proper? affraid
fastmuv2

Male Number of posts : 23
Company/Agency : Aconstruction
Occupation/Designation : liason
Registration date : 2010-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting

Post by fe a. araya on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:06 pm

The REvised IRR of RA 9184 is very clear on this. The advertisement of the invitation to bid should be posted for 7 days in the PhilGEPS, agency website and conspicuous places or in newspaper for ABCs more than 5M and bid docs shall be available from the first day of advertisement up to bid submission. From the info in your post, it appears there is a gross violation of the law. And to think that the pre-bid was scheduled on a Sunday (?) and the posting was done one (1) day only and on a Saturday pa. (talthough I can not question the prerogative of the BAC Chair to hold the pre-bid on a non-working day. Do I smell something fishy here?

For any changes in sked of BAC activities, a supplemental bulletin should have been posted on the same sites mentioned above at least 7 days before the bid submission.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by fastmuv2 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:24 pm

CORRECTION: prebid was scheduled JUNE 15. however posting was made on a saturday and for 2 days only.
June 12(saturday &holiday) - posting
June 13(sunday)- still there
June 14 (monday, holiday)( around 11am)- no longer there. i cant even locate it in philgeps.
no bulletins were made.

SORRY for the confusion.
anyway, do i have any available remedy? id like to call them again. Very Happy
fastmuv2

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:46 pm

fastmuv2 wrote:CORRECTION: prebid was scheduled JUNE 15. however posting was made on a saturday and for 2 days only.
June 12(saturday &holiday) - posting
June 13(sunday)- still there
June 14 (monday, holiday)( around 11am)- no longer there. i cant even locate it in philgeps.
no bulletins were made.

SORRY for the confusion.
anyway, do i have any available remedy? id like to call them again. Very Happy
From my previous experience, I dont think active ITB can be modified or deleted from the PHILGEPS portals for former procurement opportunities. The only remedy for the procuring agency is to issued supplemental bulletin during the active period for posting of the Bids. In my opinion, there is no violation if the ITB were posted on non working days (which is June 12 ), provided if follows the prescribed guidelines in the GPRA, which is 7 calendar days. The procurement law made it mandatory to post procurement opportunities at the PHILGEPS website. If I were in your position, seek clarification from the BAC, if the Bids was cancelled or have not push through because they have not followed the prescribed guidelines in posting of the ITB.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fastmuv2 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:32 pm

i tried to search the post again by using the SEARCH engine of philgeps and putting on the keywords or the contact person or the title of the projects (as in the exact title) or the location , but no avail. then i tried searching it by date, still no record. HOWEVER, i tried using google, i was able to see some details but when i clicked on the link, it says closed ( considering no compliance with the 7 days). To be fair with deped batangas, I also tried looking for other projects of other procuring entities using keywords, and i could locate it.

anyway for an update, i juts called them again, i asked them for the supplemental bulletin, apparently they claimed that it would depend upon the bac chairman. Cool

just hoping they were in good faith.

ignorance of the law excuses no one from compliance therewith.
fastmuv2

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:50 pm

You can call PhilGeps to help or Assist you in searching for the ITB because it is impossible that such post will disappear.
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fastmuv2 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:35 pm

thank you po Smile
fastmuv2

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:37 pm

welcome
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:07 pm

That is, if indeed it was posted in the PhilGEPS, just was niwram said it's impossible that it just disappeared. Anyway, you can always post an official query to the HOPE Attn.: BAC Chairman. Am sure, there is an explanation on the lapses, if ever there is.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by orlan747 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Niwram wrote:You can call PhilGeps to help or Assist you in searching for the ITB because it is impossible that such post will disappear.

Sorry to disagree with you Sir Niwram, but lots of ITBs are disappearing prematurely from Philgeps. I should know, got lots of experience of that. Mostly, if not all, these are the handiwork of unscrupulous elements within the BAC itself. As an advise therefore to prospective bidders, download and save immediately any ITB you find interesting. Hey, it could vanish overnight.
orlan747
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 93
Company/Agency : Golden OCS Construction
Occupation/Designation : Manager
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by fastmuv2 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:40 am

what if indeed the post really disappeared, will the philgeps file n administratice case against the BAC? its really weird that it just disappeared considering that it was posted for only 2 days. Exclamation well as of last week, no supplemental bulletin.. depende daw kasi kay chairman according to mr. casanova of deped batangas. BOLBOK, BATANGAS[b]
fastmuv2

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:19 pm

The reason perhaps is the closing date indicated when the ITB was posted in the PhilGEPS was 2 days after it was published. The system automatically closed after the closing date which means nawawala na sa open notice or active notice but it can already be found in the closed notices. Try opening the CLOSED NOTICES, baka nandun na. Or try opening the FORMER OPPORTunities menu. But of course, when the status of the Notice is already CLOSED, it is presumed that the bidding is closed already. Something is wrong with the bidding process as it violated the reqired number of days posting which is 7 calendar days
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:27 pm

fe a. araya wrote:The reason perhaps is the closing date indicated when the ITB was posted in the PhilGEPS was 2 days after it was published. The system automatically closed after the closing date which means nawawala na sa open notice or active notice but it can already be found in the closed notices. Try opening the CLOSED NOTICES, baka nandun na. Or try opening the FORMER OPPORTunities menu. But of course, when the status of the Notice is already CLOSED, it is presumed that the bidding is closed already. Something is wrong with the bidding process as it violated the reqired number of days posting which is 7 calendar days

That is correct. When the procurement method is public bidding, it should have been posted continuously for seven (7) days. The PhilGEPS system recognize that if the posting is Public Bidding, it will not allow any closing date less than 7 days (actually it is over pa nga kasi when your actual posting date is say, July 1, the closing date is July 8 - not July 7). Unless of course if the mode is intentionally set to alternative method so as to limit posting period - but this is a clear violation of the rules.

Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by fastmuv2 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:35 am

i havent tried searching in the FORMER opps menu.. however philgeps doesnt give me the status that the Notice is already CLOSED. but ill try to look for it again cause it made me really disappointed. bom (unitl now, no supplemental bulletins were made.

"a supplemental bulletin should have been posted on the same sites mentioned above at least 7 days before the bid submission." -fe a. araya

thank you maam
fastmuv2

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:14 pm

To fastmuv2, I really appreciate your concern which means that you as rep of a company is not just a passive partner in procurement but active and vigilant. Perhaps, you can communicate (thru a letter) with the HOPE attn.: BAC for some clarification. They owe you that. If indeed, something went wrong in the postig of the notice, then perhaps your letter of query will make them realize that the IRR was not really followed. Every mistake, if taken positively, is an opportunity to learn something new (perhaps that BAC is not yet aware of the new law, which, on the second thought, is not an excuse.)
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by fastmuv2 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:37 am

thank you maam! Very Happy
fastmuv2