Latest topics

PhilGEPS bid-view limits

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PhilGEPS bid-view limits

Post by adroth on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:30 pm

Hello,

I am part of an online forum devoted to discussing Philippine defense issues called Timawa.net. We refer to PhilGEPS postings to monitor defense-related acquisitions. Your portal has dramatically improved our understanding of such matters.

Lately, however, we have noticed that we are only able to logon to one acquisition per hour. If we try to access additional bids before this period, we receive an error. Have PhilGEPS moderators implemented a throttling mechanism of some sort to limit access to the bid invitations?
adroth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 93
Company/Agency : adroth.ph
Occupation/Designation : Blogger / Defense journalist / Forum moderator
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: PhilGEPS bid-view limits

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:40 pm

I have been trying to access lately the PHILGEPS portal, since (last night) it display message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" maybe doing maintenance schedule on their website. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by adroth on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:16 am

I noticed that too.

But the behavior I described has been in effect for a couple of months now.
adroth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:10 pm

I think it is because of the new PhilGEPS new Home Page which was just launched today, June 28, 2010. Pls. try again and you will see.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by fastmuv2 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:48 am

its because you have to refresh your page... then click opne new tab.
example: (for firefox)
repair of xxxx, right clik open new tab.
tapos lalabas na yung project sa "new tab" then click refresh or yung menu where web the address is located then press enter (para ma refresh page) then search again for another project, then click open new tab again. it wont open if continuous... get?
for explorer: dalin mo yung cursor sa address then enter to refresh page.

basta after mo makita yung project na gusto mo dalin mo ang cursor dun tapos right click then OPEN LINK IN NEW TAB. dun lagi sa FIRST TAB ka magraright click.
fastmuv2

Male Number of posts : 23
Company/Agency : Aconstruction
Occupation/Designation : liason
Registration date : 2010-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fastmuv2 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:53 am

down yata ang philgeps ngayon. ... sana pagweekends at holidays bawal magpost. ang strategy kasi friday night or satrday morning (as in morning) tapos usually ala naman nagwowork ng weekends tapos wala makakita ng notice... sa dami ng projects natatabunan ang notice. magaling ang pinoy. Laughing
fastmuv2

Back to top Go down

Post by adroth on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:05 pm

If the problem persists once PhilGEPS returns, will post screen captures
adroth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:47 pm

I tried accessing the website of philgeps.net just a few minutes ago and indeed there seems to be a problem. Kahit anong refresh gawin, "cannot be displayed" pa rin. But successful naman ako kahapon. I was able to post my notices.

I don't think I am not solved to the the idea of prohibiting the posting of notices during weekends and holidays. For my part, I really appreciate the 24/7 scheme of the PhilGEPS because anytime of the day and of the week I can do the posting. This is an additional task for me, hence if I can't do it during regular office hours, I do it even after office hours and during weekends and holidays.(although I don't urge you to follow my strategy). Kanya-kanyang trip yan. This will facilitate the completion of the BAC activities. It's just a matter of discipline and commitment of the BAC members especially the BAC Secretariat who is task to post notices as mandated by RA 9184, otherwise they have no business staying there. Not unless somebody else, brave enough, to point out these lapses of the BAC, the government effort to implement the governing principles on procurement will just be a mere "lip service".
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by adroth on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:50 pm

The site is back, but I still encounter the same problem I reported. A screen capture of the image is shown below.

To reproduce this problem:

1. Click Open Opportunities > View by agency

2. Select an agency (for this test I selected "PHILIPPINE AIR FORCE BIDS AND AWARDS COMMITTEE")

3. Click any bid to view its contents

4. Return to the Open Opportunities list and click another bid

5. The error shown below appears.

Does the site have a throttling system in place? It wasn't always like this.

adroth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fastmuv2 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:30 am

@adroth Click Open Opportunities > View by agency

2. Select an agency (for this test I selected "PHILIPPINE AIR FORCE BIDS AND AWARDS COMMITTEE")

3. INSTEAD OF CLICKING any bid to view its contents, RIGHT CLICK THE PROJECT NAME THEN SELECT OPEN link in NEW TAB. (use firefox instead of explorer, coz it has no open link in new tab )
4. then put your cursor to the address then left click then mahahihlight ang address then press enter.
5. repeat step 3.
fastmuv2

Back to top Go down

Post by fastmuv2 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:31 am

@ fe araya - - not applicable po for uploads... Surprised
fastmuv2

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:31 pm

fastmuv2, I encourage you attend PhilGEPS training for suppliers in your locality. Perhaps, trainors will be able to solve your problem. And actual application pa so mas maganda. It's only 1/2 day, so it will not take you away from your business for so long. Pls. try contacting PhilGEPS for schedule training for suppliers (which includes construction companies)
Again, welcome to the forum
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by adroth on Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:03 am

fastmuv2 wrote:@adroth Click Open Opportunities > View by agency

3. INSTEAD OF CLICKING any bid to view its contents, RIGHT CLICK THE PROJECT NAME THEN SELECT OPEN link in NEW TAB. (use firefox instead of explorer, coz it has no open link in new tab )
4. then put your cursor to the address then left click then mahahihlight ang address then press enter.
5. repeat step 3.

I use Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera when I surf. I use tabbed browsing regularly. Same results for all browsers.

I also tried steps 3 and 4. Same results
adroth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:21 am

adroth,

I think I already have encountered an error message similar to hat in the past and it might be really happening from time to time. Please try using a different computer. It might be OS related (not the browser). Most of my PCs at home are using Windows 7 (only one laptop uses the old Vista Business) and i rarely got any problem on PhilGEPS. Our office computers are Windows XP based and a lot of stuff like that occurs from time to time. Sometimes, when I log, the screen seemed to have log out. When I try it again, I am not allowed to use the ID coz its already logged on.

Try making everything basic again. Search for the PhilGEPS site instead of relying on bookmarks. Use reliable browsers (for me, the fastest is Google Chrome but Safari is still the most reliable) other than IE8.
Smile

PS: One thing more, wait until the page is fully loaded before you take additional commands or clicks. Incomplete loading and executing a command on that spot is prone to page crashing.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by fastmuv2 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:30 am

----use the first/orig tab ma ihahahiglight... hindi dun sa new tab na nagappear...
fastmuv2

Back to top Go down

Post by fastmuv2 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:55 am

1st tab/ orig tab. dba nandito yung list ng projects? "opportunities search" ... in here right click TITLE ng project then select open in new tab.

THE new tab will appear... the new tab should be "bid abstract", sa tab na yan nakikita yung details/info ng project.

GO Back to the 1st tab (yung list ng projects), dalin mo yung cursor sa address, then LEFT CLICK, then press enter.

dalin mo ulit sa ANOTHER project na gusto mo.

right click ulit

open in new tab.

by this time 3 na ang tabs na makikita mo. (eto yung 1st tab: LIST ng projects, 2nd tab: project na gusto mo, and yung 3rd: yung other project na gusto mo.

wag ka na rin maglog in. =)

fastmuv2

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:13 pm

adroth wrote:The site is back, but I still encounter the same problem I reported. A screen capture of the image is shown below.

I have tried this morning to simulate the procedure mentioned, and I have discovered, the system (PHILGEPS) will not even allow to "open in new tap" or "open in new window" for selecting Bid opportunities notices (ITB), n.b. even if you are Log in into the system. The only remedy available is to view the bid oportunities one at a time and use the "BACK" button" at the lower portion of the Bid opportunities notices (ITB) otherwise if you use the "BACK button" in the IE it will result to "You have no permission to execute this action" bounce

Last edited by sunriser431 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:32 pm

I have notice, the system (PHILGEPS) now allow much longer time log into the system, not unlike before, if you let your active account iddle for a couple of minutes the system will automatically log out your account. maybe good news for the BAC Secretariat, especially in the preparation of the contents of the ITB and other needed information if extensive. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by orlan747 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:04 pm

adroth wrote:
fastmuv2 wrote:@adroth Click Open Opportunities > View by agency

5. repeat step 3.

I use Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera when I surf. I use tabbed browsing regularly. Same results for all browsers.

I also tried steps 3 and 4. Same results

Well, I was also so irked with this new website of Philgeps. Yeah, Adroth you're right, I have experienced the same problems you've encountered from this new but INEFFICIENT website. Before, it was just a breeze to search for projects we might be interested in, now it is too much time consuming and time wasting. Well, I think you need to refresh the page now every time you finished looking at one opportunity advertised.

Thanks to Fastmuv2, I can now search this new Inefficient website by Refreshing the page every time I finished opening an entry. Opening the "project advertised" need not be in a new tab, the same may be opened in the current tab provided that you have to refresh the page again when you you are back to the search page. In the previous website, every time we go back to the search page, we are prompted to refresh the page, now we have to refresh it manually otherwise we will get the " You have no permission to execute this action" notice when we try to open another project.

Hmmm, Fastmuv2, do you have any solution on how to use the detailed search page? With this new Inefficient web page, "no opportunities are found" every time I use this facility. Before, I have to go to this page to filter my search, but now I have to scan all the projects advertised instead of just focusing on some specific locations.

I hope the programmers of Philgeps are aware of these problems and they are now working to rectify these glitches, after all its their reputations as programmers that are being assailed here.
orlan747
Active Poster
Active Poster

Company/Agency : Golden OCS Construction
Occupation/Designation : Manager
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by orlan747 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:22 pm

Ah yes, the Back Button!!! That works wonders.

Thanks Sunriser. You see, every time I look at an opportunity, I look at the ABC first. If the ABC does not meet our criteria, I hit the "go back one page" button, and search again. No problem doing that before, so I never used the Back Button at the bottom portion of the page. There were no problems before, but now the programmers seem to notice that the Back Button is seldom used, so they complicate things a bit. Well, now I know that that Back Button is there for a purpose.Smile

Thanks again Sunriser.

Anybody there has solution on how to use the Detailed Search Page? Please help. Or is this really a glitch on the new website?
orlan747
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by adroth on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:03 am

orlan747 wrote:Well, I think you need to refresh the page now every time you finished looking at one opportunity advertised.

This technique worked !!!!!!

Thanks orlan. cheers
adroth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fastmuv2 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:08 am

what i do is open in new tab, refresh, open, refresh, open, referesh, after selecting the projects, view ko na isa isa ung projects. mas madali. =) as to detailed search, sa search agad. since classrooms ang ninahanap ko, ilalagay ko lang sa search na "classroom", if by location naman itatype ko lang yung place like "caloocan", if goods naman if plastic, lagay ko "plastic" Very Happy

viewing: you can also use the "next" or "previous" buttons if you dont want na refresh ng refresh...
fastmuv2

Back to top Go down

Post by fastmuv2 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:19 am

i usuallly search for projects muna, open in new tab, refresh, open, referesh, open referesh..... after nun dun ko lang ichechek lahat ng projects ko. mas mabilis and madali.

sa search naman, since usually classrooms lang hinahanap ko, so i just typed in "classroom", if location, ilalagay ko lang "caloocan". before kasi i could search ny keywords like "classroom caloocan" pero di na nagwowork. so 1 word lang ako lagi. if goods naman, like plastic, lagay ko "plastic"
and if you know the contact person, type mo lang yung lastname niya. =)
Very Happy
fastmuv2

Back to top Go down

Post by orlan747 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:40 pm

I tried again the Detailed Search Page, and it seems that there are improvements now. One glaring glitch I noticed is that the Publish Range criterion is not working. It shows opportunity for the present date only.

I am very hopeful that the web page will be back to its very good condition in a very near future.
orlan747
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by adroth on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:20 am

sunriser431 wrote:
adroth wrote:The site is back, but I still encounter the same problem I reported. A screen capture of the image is shown below.

I have tried this morning to simulate the procedure mentioned, and I have discovered, the system (PHILGEPS) will not even allow to "open in new tap" or "open in new window" for selecting Bid opportunities notices (ITB), n.b. even if you are Log in into the system. The only remedy available is to view the bid oportunities one at a time and use the "BACK" button" at the lower portion of the Bid opportunities notices (ITB) otherwise if you use the "BACK button" in the IE it will result to "You have no permission to execute this action" bounce

The following technique will allow you to see multiple bids.

1. Open bid invite in a new tab

2. Return to the original tab with the bid opportunities listed

3. Refresh the opportunities page

4. Open another invite.

It works like a charm. Thanks a lot guys.
adroth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down