Latest topics

Clarification on the Guidelines on the use of an ordering agreement under the government procurement reform act

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clarification on the Guidelines on the use of an ordering agreement under the government procurement reform act

Post by Marilou Lacsina on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:48 am

I need po sana clarifications on what particular procurement is covered by this guidelines?
Can repair of motor vehicle qualify under this guidelines? Embarassed
Marilou Lacsina

Female Number of posts : 13
Company/Agency : BCDA
Occupation/Designation : CAO
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarification on the Guidelines on the use of an ordering agreement under the government procurement reform act

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Marilou Lacsina wrote:I need po sana clarifications on what particular procurement is covered by this guidelines?
Can repair of motor vehicle qualify under this guidelines? Embarassed

The guidelines on the use of Ordering Agreement under RA 9184 (GPPB Res. 06-2005) is applicable only in the procurement of "non-inventory parts", the requirement thereof becomes necessary only upon the happening of a fortuitous event.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarification on the Guidelines on the use of an ordering agreement under the government procurement reform act

Post by Marilou Lacsina on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:01 am

thanks for the guidance, Sir.

But are there specific instances or examples where this ordering agreement applies?
Marilou Lacsina

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:45 am

Marilou Lacsina wrote:thanks for the guidance, Sir.

But are there specific instances or examples where this ordering agreement applies?

Based on the Guidelines on Ordering Agreement, the use thereof is to procure non-inventory parts necessary to maintain the operational effectiveness of existing major equipment. The parts necessary should already be identified (which you will specify in your bidding documents), but the quantity and exact time of need for said parts are not yet known (that's the reason for the ordering agreement, only when needed).

Since you were asking for examples, offhand, I can cite the AFP. There are certain spare parts of rifles, guns, armored vehicles, airplanes, helicopters, etc. which normally broke down or need replacements on regular basis, but maintaining these parts in the inventory is not practical for reasons of economy. The major services of the AFP (Army, Navy, Air Force) could procure those parts using the Ordering Agreement. Another example could be procurement of spare parts for fire trucks by the BFP, procurement of navigation equipment by MIAA or CAAP, spare parts of power plants by Napocor.

RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilou Lacsina on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:27 pm

thanks po ulit for the valuable inputs.

More power po.
Marilou Lacsina

Back to top Go down

Post by Recks1925 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:42 pm

Sir RDV, In the ordering agreement guideline, what does the single stage, 3 envelope procedure mean in Competitive bidding?

Can an ordering agreement be applied (as what Ms Marilou inquired) to repair of uninsured motor vehicle where we have unknown quantity and knowledge that repair is eminent after a fortuitous event such as accident or theft of parts?
Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Recks1925 wrote:Sir RDV, In the ordering agreement guideline, what does the single stage, 3 envelope procedure mean in Competitive bidding?

Can an ordering agreement be applied (as what Ms Marilou inquired) to repair of uninsured motor vehicle where we have unknown quantity and knowledge that repair is eminent after a fortuitous event such as accident or theft of parts?

A single-stage bidding procedure is the common competitive bidding procedure that we are adopting where the technical and financial envelopes are submitted together, a two-envelope syste. The 3-envelope system or procedure being referred to in the guideline is the old procedure under IRR-A where the eligibility requirement is still under a separate envelope. However, under the revised IRR, we are now in a 2-envelope system.

I don't think the guidelines on ordering agreement is applicable to the procurement od parts of motor vehicle, insured or not, particularly if you are only referring to one vehicle. It could be resorted for procurement of non-inventory parts of major equipment. I don't consider a motor vehicle as a major equipment.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Recks1925 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:50 pm

thanks... Your'e very helpful
Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top