Latest topics

Application of multi-year contracts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Application of multi-year contracts

Post by TWG on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:02 am

Good day to all.

In DOTC, the hiring of Eight (Cool Encoders for our Financial Accounting Systems is undertaken through competitive bidding. This is undertaken yearly. May we ask if GPPB Resolution 024-2007 dated 28 September 2007 which allows the application of multi-year contracts for the procurement of security and janitorial services be availed of for the procurement of Encoders considering that the rationale for the issuance of the said Resolution was to consider that the procurement of janitors/security guards should not be soley based on cost but also other factors, such as length of contract, adeaquacy of resources, levels of trainings, etc?. Obviously, these factors apply also to the procurement of Encoders. Thank you po.

TWG

Male Number of posts : 14
Company/Agency : National Government
Occupation/Designation : Member TWG
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Application of multi-year contracts

Post by shobe on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi Nilo.

I believe that GPPB Resolution 24-2007 (as explicitly provided in item 2 thereof) is applicable specifically to procurement of janitorial and security services only. Your good agency may want to take a look at DBM Circular Letter No. 2004-12 dated 27 October 2004 which, at present, prescribes the guidelines and procedures for the implementation of multi-year contracts for NGAs. Smile
shobe
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 79
Company/Agency : Makati Firm
Occupation/Designation : Lawyer
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Posting of Performance Security

Post by TWG on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:54 pm

thanks to you Maam shobe.

TWG

Male Number of posts : 14
Company/Agency : National Government
Occupation/Designation : Member TWG
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by shobe on Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:29 pm

You're welcome Nilo. I hope queries and requests similar to what you have posted will finally be considered by the GPPB. Very Happy I know for a fact that some agencies make use of the aforecited resolution as basis for their multi-year contracts without seeking clearance or opinion from the GPPB. Nice to know DOTC has someone like you around.
shobe
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellogs on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Ms. Shobe, the DBM Circular is specific to NGAs only. How about for GOCCs? As i understand it, GOCCs can also issue MYOAs, but are there limitations to their authority to issue the same? I like to think there is, otherwise the same can be used to avoid the conduct of public bidding for a considerable number of years.
Chellogs

Female Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : PhilHealth
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by shobe on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:06 pm

shobe wrote:Hi Nilo.

I believe that GPPB Resolution 24-2007 (as explicitly provided in item 2 thereof) is applicable specifically to procurement of janitorial and security services only. Your good agency may want to take a look at DBM Circular Letter No. 2004-12 dated 27 October 2004 which, at present, prescribes the guidelines and procedures for the implementation of multi-year contracts for NGAs. Smile

Yes Ms Chellogs. As mentioned in the previous post, it is specific for NGAs only. I think GOCCs entering MYOAs would have be governed by their specific mandates/charters. Very Happy
shobe
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down