Can BAC assign any personnel other than the supply officer to canvass and procure?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can BAC assign any personnel other than the supply officer to canvass and procure?

Post by 007heran on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:09 pm

It has been a practice in our office that whenever there will be someone that will be on a official trip to Manila, a cash advance to procure supplies, materials or equipment is also prepared together with the canvass sheets. To maximize the trip daw. Is this allowed? Thanks to all our masters here who unselfishly share their knowledge to us...
007heran

Male Number of posts : 14
Company/Agency : State College
Occupation/Designation : Budget Clerk
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Can BAC assign any personnel other than the supply officer to canvass and procure?

Post by jcolas on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:05 pm

The BAC can not assign any officer to canvass and procure, neither is cash advance allowed for the procurement of supplies, materials and equipment. Under the Revised IRR, the Procuring entity has to procure ordinary or regular office supplies and equipment from the PS-DBM. Only those certified to be unavailable from the PS depot can be outsourced from local suppliers through shopping. You also have to consider thresholds under Annex "H" which has to be considered for shopping and for small value procurement. I would like you to read GPPB Resolution 09-2009. You will find the answers to your questions and you will, after reading the resolution, realize why my answer to your question is a big no!!!
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Can BAC assign any personnel other than the supply officer to canvass and procure?

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:57 am

jcolas wrote:The BAC can not assign any officer to canvass and procure, neither is cash advance allowed for the procurement of supplies, materials and equipment. Under the Revised IRR, the Procuring entity has to procure ordinary or regular office supplies and equipment from the PS-DBM. Only those certified to be unavailable from the PS depot can be outsourced from local suppliers through shopping. You also have to consider thresholds under Annex "H" which has to be considered for shopping and for small value procurement. I would like you to read GPPB Resolution 09-2009. You will find the answers to your questions and you will, after reading the resolution, realize why my answer to your question is a big no!!!

We may have a little misunderstanding of GPPB Resolution No. 09-2009. As to the designation of who will conduct Shopping and SVP, the BAC may designate someone (or some group) for it (Sec. 2.c):
After the decision to resort to Shopping or Small Value procurement
has been made, the conduct thereof may be delegated to the
appropriate bureau, committee, or support unit duly authorized by the
Bids and Awards Committee.
But of course as far as cash advance and the purchase thereof while on trip (whether official or not) is concerned, it shall not be tolerated as it does not reflect the procedure as outlined in the same resolution. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:07 am

As far as I know only those bonded personnel such as the GSO can canvass and procure materials with Cash Advance ...that is governing COA rules and guidelines
May I learn on your situation regarding this scenario...

thank you
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:56 pm

msm326 wrote:As far as I know only those bonded personnel such as the GSO can canvass and procure materials with Cash Advance ...that is governing COA rules and guidelines
May I learn on your situation regarding this scenario...

thank you
msm326 Very Happy
We do not use cash advances for purposes of Shopping and SVP as there is no basis to do such. The procurement must wait until the award is given and the vouchers processed for payment to be released. I think the cash advance we are thinking is "bale" or simply borrowing of money from the Treasurer. Although it still happens some time, It had gradually decreased after introducing procurement reforms.

We have not yet invoked the guidelines prescribed under GPPB Reso 09-2009 although I have made a similar proposition since 2008. The authorities here still feel uncomfortable in assigning the ask to anyone other than the BAC. And having said that, the BAC, thru the Secretariat shoulders all incoming quotations and have it resolved later.

Nevertheless, I will still try to insist that there must be a Canvass Committee in-charge of processing Shopping and SVP in the near future. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by 007heran on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:41 pm

I think the person who has secured a cash advance to procure as his sidetrip while on official business is making sure that the money is ready after the required three canvass from bonafide suppliers has been satisfied.

Guess this thing happens only in remote areas or far-flung island provinces where there is no near PS Depot of DBM and that person is just taking advantage of a cheaper and quality goods in manila.

Thanks... Wink
007heran

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:58 pm

When I posted that the BAC can not assign somebody to canvass and procure, it was in answer to the question of 007heran and in consonance with GPPB Res, when it states that the conduct of shopping may be delegated to the appropriate "bureau", "committee" or "support unit". The Resolution did not say personnel or Supply Officer or someone. That is as far as I understood the resolution. The GPRA including Res. 09-2009 has never discussed Cash Advance as the mode of procurement for basic supplies. As I have said in my post, this have to be through shopping or CPB if the ABC exceeded the threshold. So that the mere granting of CA to a person to procure basic supplies as side trip is not allowed. If ever their really was a canvass from bona fide supplier, then the award should be given to the supplier who posted the LCRB, whether through shopping or CPB. The claim that the goods in Manila are cheaper might not hold water if you factor in the TEV, man hours of the person. I hope I have made myself clear.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by 007heran on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:59 am

It does hold water especially in our case that a 1 way ticket will cost you Php5,400.00+ just to attend seminar/trainings/conference in manila. That's why we call it sidetrip to maximize the TEV granted in attending those activities in manila. And yes, there is always a canvass before every purchases is made and the amount of the procured goods is below the threshold.

Thank you for the enlightenment you have shared...
007heran

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:49 am

And yes, there is always a canvass before every purchases is made and the amount of the procured goods is below the threshold.

That is good to know 007heran. It pays to be always on the side of the law. Mahirap na. Lalo na at kabikabila ang mga pronouncement ni P'noy tungkol sa Graft and corruption.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by 007heran on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:27 pm

With that comment, may i safely say that cash advance is allowed to use in procurement as long as those requirements are met? The amount is below the treshold and the canvass has been done before the payment... Neutral
007heran

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:40 pm

007heran wrote:With that comment, may i safely say that cash advance is allowed to use in procurement as long as those requirements are met? The amount is below the treshold and the canvass has been done before the payment... Neutral

I do not see any reason why there is a need to make "cash advance":

1. If we are making a canvass/seeking for quotations; and
2. If we have a canvass and we will pay for the items?

On case 1, does it follow that if we obtained the required canvass/quotation, we can directly transact with the store? I guess not.

On case 2, how does the quotation reached the canvasser? If items are delivered, then the government will pay according to accounting procedures. I think there is a problem if we will pick-up the item and pay them outright (kaliwaan).

Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:02 pm

With that comment, may i safely say that cash advance is allowed to use in procurement as long as those requirements are met? The amount is below the treshold and the canvass has been done before the payment.

I would like to clearly state that the grant of Cash Advance for the purchase of supplies, materials and equipment is not allowed by the GPRA and as Sir Engrjhes has posted, why is there a need to make Cash Advance. I fully subscribe to that statement. If you can not procure the items through CPB, then you can use any of the Alternative Mode of Procurement. If what you would like to procure are small items, then it is just right that you set up a Petty Cash fund.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by bert_regala on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:48 pm

Who are the signatories of Abstract of Canvass?
bert_regala

Male Number of posts : 4
Company/Agency : Barangay Libertad
Occupation/Designation : Kagawad
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Dong S on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:23 pm

The appropriate bureau, committee, or the support unit to be represented by their respected "Head" by virtue of the delegated authority by the BAC may sign the Abstract of Various Quotations. (GPPB Res 09-2009).

In our case, the End User Unit, the Head of the BAC Secretariat, and the Head of the Property and Supply Mg't Section are the signatories of ABSTRACT of quotation on procurement conducted through SHOPPING (B) and NP SVP.
Dong S

Male Number of posts : 48
Company/Agency : LGU Nabunturan, Compostela Valley
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer II/Des -Head, BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2010-10-27

http://www.ecomval.gov.ph\nabunturan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dong S on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:35 pm

(Sidetrip Purchase)???????................................ cash advance is only allowed for TEV and for Special Disbursing Officers like cashiers and bonded employees to withdraw funds in behalf of the LCE's Inteligences' works and the likes...

Remember that Purchase Order should have been issued before goods can be properly accepted by the Procuring Entity. . . .
Dong S

Male Number of posts : 48
Company/Agency : LGU Nabunturan, Compostela Valley
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer II/Des -Head, BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2010-10-27

http://www.ecomval.gov.ph\nabunturan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top