Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

PROCUREMENT FROM ANOTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCY (NEGOTIATED)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PROCUREMENT FROM ANOTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCY (NEGOTIATED)

Post by karyle_20 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:59 pm

Do the following documents still form part of the attachments for a negotiated form of procurement from other government agencies?

- Notice of Award
- Purchase Order

Thank you for your insights!
karyle_20

Female Number of posts : 5
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Accountant
Registration date : 2010-08-26

Back to top Go down

Re: PROCUREMENT FROM ANOTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCY (NEGOTIATED)

Post by jcolas on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:46 pm

Do the following documents still form part of the attachments for a negotiated form of procurement from other government agencies?

- Notice of Award
- Purchase Order

The above-mentioned forms are not required anymore in a Negotiated Procurement with another agency of the GOP for the procurement of goods, infrastructure and consulting services.Instead of the forms, your Agency has to conduct a cost-benefit analysis to determine whether entering into an Agency-to-Agency agreement is more efficient and economical. After the Cost-benefit analysis, your agency's BAC has to come up with a Resolution recommending the use of the Negotiated Procurement with another agency of the GOP, for the approval of your HOPE. If the Resolution has been approved by the HOPE, then your Agency will come up with a MOA with the Servicing Agency. Do not forget to post this, for general information, in the PhilGEPS, your web site and any conspicous place in your premises. You also have to determine that the Servicing Agency(the Agency where you will procure your requirement) is capable of servicing your need, by securing a certification to the effect. Mind you, procurement from the PS-DBM is not included in the Negotiated Procurement with another Agency of the GOP. May I know more about this plan of your agency?
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:33 pm

karyle_20 wrote:Do the following documents still form part of the attachments for a negotiated form of procurement from other government agencies?

- Notice of Award
- Purchase Order

Thank you for your insights!

These I think are relevant according to sequence:

1. PPMP reflecting the procurement
2. APP entry of the said procurement;
3. BAC resolution recommending the award, approved by the HOPE; and
4. Contract in any form - CA, CS, PO, etc. (MOA can only be an attachment).

Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by karyle_20 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:57 pm

@jcolas Thank you for the information. Our agency is merely adapting the regulations that have not been a strict requirement in the past. We are reviewing and relearning.

@ engrjhez® Thank you for enumerating the relevant documents.

God bless you kind Sirs!
karyle_20

Female Number of posts : 5
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Accountant
Registration date : 2010-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecret on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:44 pm

Follow up lang po eto sa query ni Karyle_20 on Procurement from another government agency (negotiated) kasi we, as end user, are in a dilemma right now on how to go about this. Our BAC told us to conduct a cost benefit analysis on our proposal to contract the services (consultancy/technical) of another government agency. But, frankly speaking, we don't know how to go about this and also they (BAC) neither could not give us concrete answer on the matter (parang di rin kasi nila alam paano gagawin). As such, I would like to ask the following questions:

a. Is there a standard format for the cost benefit analysis that would facilitate the undertaking of this?

b. Do we have, first, to enter into a public bidding for the consultancy services that we require for our project (for to my mind, how can we conduct a cost benefit analysis kung wala kang pagbabasehan ng analysis?)?

Thank you.
Ecret

Female Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : National Police Commission
Occupation/Designation : Planning Officer IV
Registration date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:41 pm

Ecret wrote:Follow up lang po eto sa query ni Karyle_20 on Procurement from another government agency (negotiated) kasi we, as end user, are in a dilemma right now on how to go about this. Our BAC told us to conduct a cost benefit analysis on our proposal to contract the services (consultancy/technical) of another government agency. But, frankly speaking, we don't know how to go about this and also they (BAC) neither could not give us concrete answer on the matter (parang di rin kasi nila alam paano gagawin). As such, I would like to ask the following questions:

a. Is there a standard format for the cost benefit analysis that would facilitate the undertaking of this?

b. Do we have, first, to enter into a public bidding for the consultancy services that we require for our project (for to my mind, how can we conduct a cost benefit analysis kung wala kang pagbabasehan ng analysis?)?

Thank you.
Welcome Ecret,

First of all, I just wonder why the BAC required cost-benefit analysis on Agency to Agency procurement (coz it is not a requirement). It is somewhat similar to asking someone do the cost-benefit analysis of procuring to the Procurement Service:

1. there is no standard format (if you mean prescribed format) as there is no requisite by itself;
  2. you are about to be entrapped in a loop: procuring the consultant to do consulting services for the procurement of consulting services, and so on. it is somewhat similar in the case of "which came first: the chicken or the egg?". so my answer is NO.
Consequently, what you should do is to arrange the ABC for required consulting services, have it approved in the PPMP to APP by the HOPE, and then initiate Negotiated Procurement (Sec.53.5) directly to the government agency offering consulting services. Rules on honoraria rates as prescribed by the DBM applies. Smile

PS: Paki kamusta na lang kay Dir.Sid, from the PMS-OPES Agency Internal Experts (Baguio Batch)
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:39 pm

Ecret wrote: xxxx. As such, I would like to ask the following questions:

a. Is there a standard format for the cost benefit analysis that would facilitate the undertaking of this? .
Try this link Writing a Cost Benefit Analysis at least you'll have the general idea what needs to be done. bounce
or this example, click HERE . Hope it might help.
xxxx
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecret on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:53 am

Thank you, engrjhez for that straightforward reply to my query; however, I still have few questions in my mind that I would like to ask you (huwag kang magalit ha! Smile) I went over the GPPB policy guidelines posted on this site specifically Resolution 18-2007 which is entitled "APPROVAL OF THE IMPLEMENTING GUIDELINES ON AGENCY-TO-AGENCY ARRANGEMENTS UNDER SECTION 53 (e) OF THE IRR-A OF R.A. 9184" Under general conditions, it states there that an agency-agency agreement may only be resorted to if, among others, a cost-benefit analysis is conducted. Further, the "conduct of cost benefit analysis" is number 1 in the list of procedural requirements to be complied with.

To shed some light, we, as the end user or the office of primary responsibility (OPR) proposes to contract the services of the Statistical Research Training Institute (SRTC), the focal agency on statistical research and training in the country, for the establishment of the --- Statistical System. This project shall be conducted in four (4) phases, and it has a training component.

P.S. Sir Sid is currently on official trip somewhere in the Phils (hehehe...) for the police examinations. I will tell him when he returns na nangungumusta
ka.

Thank you to you, too, Sunrise431 for the reference materials. I visited the link that you gave and copied the document. Yes, we surely will be needing this in our future endeavor. However, about the "example", I can't find the "cost benefit analysis" conducted by GPPB since it was stated in the resolution that it is attached thereto. Puede humirit, pleassssssssse...thanks!
Ecret

Company/Agency : National Police Commission
Occupation/Designation : Planning Officer IV
Registration date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Ecret wrote:Thank you, engrjhez for that straightforward reply to my query; however, I still have few questions in my mind that I would like to ask you (huwag kang magalit ha! Smile) I went over the GPPB policy guidelines posted on this site specifically Resolution 18-2007 which is entitled "APPROVAL OF THE IMPLEMENTING GUIDELINES ON AGENCY-TO-AGENCY ARRANGEMENTS UNDER SECTION 53 (e) OF THE IRR-A OF R.A. 9184" Under general conditions, it states there that an agency-agency agreement may only be resorted to if, among others, a cost-benefit analysis is conducted. Further, the "conduct of cost benefit analysis" is number 1 in the list of procedural requirements to be complied with.

To shed some light, we, as the end user or the office of primary responsibility (OPR) proposes to contract the services of the Statistical Research Training Institute (SRTC), the focal agency on statistical research and training in the country, for the establishment of the --- Statistical System. This project shall be conducted in four (4) phases, and it has a training component.

P.S. Sir Sid is currently on official trip somewhere in the Phils (hehehe...) for the police examinations. I will tell him when he returns na nangungumusta
ka.

Thank you to you, too, Sunrise431 for the reference materials. I visited the link that you gave and copied the document. Yes, we surely will be needing this in our future endeavor. However, about the "example", I can't find the "cost benefit analysis" conducted by GPPB since it was stated in the resolution that it is attached thereto. Puede humirit, pleassssssssse...thanks!

I see. I stand corrected with that oversight. You were right. A cost benefit analysis is MANDATORY. My answer kasi was based on the example citing the PS-DBM as Servicing Agency. Dami kasi exemption pagdating sa PS. And following the statement of Sec.53.5 ng IRR, in particular pa na sinabi "such as... the PS DBM". Anyway, GPPB Resolution 18-2007 excludes the PS and infra by AFCOE. You will really need that cost benefit analysis for compliance purposes. In the end kasi, because of so many regulations and limitations imposed on public officers and career service officials, payment will definitely be lower than any private consultancy.

You may also want to seek DBM guidelines on maximum allowed payment for consulting services (just like that for resource speakers). Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:31 pm

As I have posted previously, contract in any form is not required anymore. What is required is a Memorandum of Agreement that will reflect the agreement of the parties. This is done after the BAC Resolution recommending the use of the Alternative Mode of Procurement has been approved by the HOPE. To all those concerned, please take note.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by maramabu on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:33 pm

one of the conditions in agency to agency agreements is that the - Total amount of all goods, consulting, and infrastructure projects
undertaken or to be undertaken through Agency-to-Agency
Agreements shall not exceed twenty-five percent (25%) of the
Procuring Entity’s total procurement budget for each category (i.e.,
goods, infrastructure, or consulting) as reflected in its approved APP; what could be the effect to the agreement if the procuring agency does not comply and actually exceeds this requirement? thanks.
maramabu

Company/Agency : telecommunications office
Occupation/Designation : legal officer
Registration date : 2011-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:01 am

Mam Maramabu wrote:

what could be the effect to the agreement if the procuring agency does not comply and actually exceeds this requirement? thanks..

Of course, it will render the agreement voidable but may we asked from our legal minds, please!!!
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top