APPRECIATION & UNDERSTANDING OF RBAC MEMBERS REGARDING ON A PARTICULAR ISSUE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

APPRECIATION & UNDERSTANDING OF RBAC MEMBERS REGARDING ON A PARTICULAR ISSUE

Post by alea on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:47 pm

We were once informed in one of our briefings in a seminar on RA9184 specifically on the issue regarding the appreciation and understanding of RBAC members regarding a particular issue.

May we know whether there is a specific write-ups/explanation that the appreciation of RBAC on a particular issue prevails among any others including the RBAC-TWG as well as the prospective bidders.
alea

Female Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : Government Agency
Occupation/Designation : Clerk-III
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: APPRECIATION & UNDERSTANDING OF RBAC MEMBERS REGARDING ON A PARTICULAR ISSUE

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:05 pm

alea wrote:We were once informed in one of our briefings in a seminar on RA9184 specifically on the issue regarding the appreciation and understanding of RBAC members regarding a particular issue.

May we know whether there is a specific write-ups/explanation that the appreciation of RBAC on a particular issue prevails among any others including the RBAC-TWG as well as the prospective bidders.

What does RBAC mean? Does it mean Regional Bids and Awards Committee?

There should be no difference in the appreciation of "issues" between the COBAC (Central Office BAC) and RBAC (Regional BAC), if that is what you mean. Otherwise, please be more specific.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: APPRECIATION & UNDERSTANDING OF RBAC MEMBERS REGARDING ON A PARTICULAR ISSUE

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:44 pm

alea wrote:We were once informed in one of our briefings in a seminar on RA9184 specifically on the issue regarding the appreciation and understanding of RBAC members regarding a particular issue.

From my understanding, what "alea" meant was the "particular issues" (ex. evaluation results/reports) submitted by the RBAC-TWG, can be overrule by the RBAC. Hopefully I am correct? bounce

However, will not hold true for prospective bidders, the HOPE has the final say on the issues involved. my take on this particular thread. peace
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:44 pm

We were once informed in one of our briefings in a seminar on RA9184 specifically on the issue regarding the appreciation and understanding of RBAC members regarding a particular issue.

Welcome Alea to the Forum. In any issue that is presented for discussion, whether its the COBAC or RBAC that is involved, their will always be differences in how the group appreciates the issue and sometimes this necissitates an argument, sometimes heated at that; so that this is the rationale why the law requires that a member of the BAC should come from the law profession. As a lawyer, he is deemed to be more intelligent in the interpretation of the law, ergo, he can guide the group to a better understanding of the issue and come up with a decision that has a legal leg to stand on. It is expected also by the framers of the law that with the trainings that the members of the group(RBAC or COBAC) has, they will soon come to a decision that is based on the dictates of the law.

On the second question, if you are referring to a book which contains anwers to a particular issue, their is none but I can tell you with certainty, that if confronted with a problem, just browse the forum and I am sure, that problem of yours has been fully discussed and proposed answers and solutions have been presented by the posters. In the near future, I hope a member of the forum might be challenged to dissect what is in the forum and come up with a book that can be a guide for all procurement practitioners. Any takers from the members?
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top